PDA

View Full Version : Rickie gets wet

jammydonut
24th Oct 2008, 15:22
Poor Sir Richard has withrawn from his Atlantic sailing record attempt after he discovered that big waves and strong winds were a bit uncomfortable.
Or it could have been alarm with memories of his pal Fossett that they were heading for the Bermuda Triangle...........:hmm:

G-CPTN
24th Oct 2008, 16:05
So what's happening to his ship?
Has he left it to the matelots or turned tail and run with the wind?
I think we should be told.

tony draper
24th Oct 2008, 16:46
The man is a complete arse he left one tinternetless for two feckin days.:suspect:

pigboat
24th Oct 2008, 21:18
The blurb on CNN said he was hit with a 40 foot wave and one of the life rafts was washed away. There was a huge mother of a low to the SE of Newfoundland, had winds gusting to 50kt at St. John's and St. Pierre a couple of days ago.

Lon More
24th Oct 2008, 21:28
I remember when he came down in the oggin in a balloon. Proof of what happens when you put a prick in a balloon

Howard Hughes
25th Oct 2008, 09:42
winds gusting to 50kt
Bloody soft I tells ya!:}

surely not
25th Oct 2008, 10:13
Oh how brave and disparraging you all are from the safety of your homes. :mad:

Jealous minds are very petty, and usually re found in underachievers.

The biggest difference between you and him is that he dares to fail, whereas you probably just do enough to stay safe.

Not only does he dare to fail, but he does it knowing that there will be a long line of nob heads queueing up to rubbish him.

Howard Hughes
25th Oct 2008, 10:28
Another Virgin pilot who thinks Branson is God and 'Losing my Virginity' is the Bible...:rolleyes:

PS: The majority I have met can have a laugh!;)

surely not
25th Oct 2008, 10:51
Oh dear, dear Howard, jumping to conclusions and getting a totally wrong answer........................:mad:

So do you think that anyone who praises a successful entrepreneur has to be a brown nosing member of the workforce? Maybe that is yr style but don't tarnish everyone with the same brush.

Howard Hughes
25th Oct 2008, 11:16
I say again, soft I tells ya!:}

PS: Mr Not, I am not disparaging Mr Bransons entrepreneurial credentials as these are well proven, just his bona fides as a sailor!;)