PDA

View Full Version : Wataniya Airways

Dagar
23rd Oct 2008, 03:04
any info.on this would be appreciated.

shazar
23rd Oct 2008, 06:31
I know this airline will commence operations January 2009. I saw some advertisments on bayt.com

aeroground
23rd Oct 2008, 08:45
been advertising through a agency, lousy package, no accom or transport allowance, leave 20 days pa that was for a senior mgmt position. good luck

James4th
24th Oct 2008, 08:44
I know this is a rumour site but aeroground where do you get this info? What you say is not correct. Or anywhere near correct.

It is a very good package indeed. But this is not the site to advertise. Talk to Contractair on their website.

They have almost all the pilots they need for the moment but with more aircraft on order next year they will pilots again soon.

notrocketscience
25th Oct 2008, 14:13
Aeroground, the "management" positions are on what is called a 'local' contract, and 20 days leave per year in fact works out to one month every year, standard for this part of the world.

Flight deck positions are a different matter, and are on different T&C's.

Blue320
31st Oct 2008, 04:04
Aeroground, are you just making this stuff up?? :rolleyes:
You are wrong! They have one of the best if not the best contracts for pilots I have ever seen. How do I know this? I've seen it first hand :ok: Now go blow static air elsewhere!

kuwait340
31st Oct 2008, 10:09
Excellent package .... Professional management ... Brand new aircrafts ... Premium airline ...

This is what true pro's looking for :ok: .

MAXMEDLO
1st Nov 2008, 07:19
aye aye :D

DoctorEcam
3rd Nov 2008, 09:36
I totally agre:ok::ok::ok::ok:

MAXMEDLO
6th Nov 2008, 19:34
if you have school allowance figures can you share them with Us, its the only ambiguous part to date

Pixie Queen
7th Nov 2008, 02:15
Naaaaah, these guys don't share anything good....only the bleak and not to good info. Lest they had a better pilot pass them up and get a position before another or themselves.;) You see, what comes around goes around and they are few and far between a pilot with whom you could trust your back side with. In regards to this Watatatatata new airlines, from my personal experience it has been to drag you along while they pick more of the same miserable jumpers throughout the sandpit. A novel, maybe even a brilliant idea would be to gather a few or most from somewhere far away from the pit and build a truely unique new airline. What is now growing in Kuwait is just another version of (insert middle East Airline here), your former airlines, fellas. :D

DoctorEcam
7th Nov 2008, 13:33
Well USAPAScabs...
you can stay easily where you already are...no one will be sad about not having you there:}.If you are not happy with your job you can always tell them goodbye closing the door behind you.
Free world,free man,free pilot:ok:

Cheers
Doc

ShinjukuHustler
9th Nov 2008, 07:05
I've been reading back over the posts here and alot of people seem to have jumped on one poster's claim that the package was bad. If you read it more closely you will see that the post refers to a 'senior management' position and not to flight deck jobs in general.

In light of this, has anyone got any info on the package with Wataniya that are not on the flight deck?

Rgds,

aeroground
9th Nov 2008, 08:24
No i am not making it up, and i am in the ME area so do know of better terms than this, the info came from a reputable agency happy to share with anyone pm me. Since this original agency same job has been given from another now with housing allowance so getting better. best of luck to anyone joining them.

James4th
21st Nov 2008, 17:21
A novel, maybe even a brilliant idea would be to gather a few or most from somewhere far away from the pit and build a truely unique new airline.

That is exactly what they are doing!:rolleyes:

AirMan320
10th Jan 2009, 14:36
Wataniya will attract you with a good size package but they will not honor it when the time comes!! At least so far they have not. Everyone is fighting for what was promised. So please beware! And a lot of benefits in the contract simply says "to be determined". Like schooling, bonus, stock options. And they interpret this contract to thier advantage. They have as well hired a lot of expats from the west who come here expecting what was promised. They cannot do anything but accept this because they are here and have no job to go back to. All management (exception CEO) came from Jazeera bringing our low cost thinking to them. If you send emails or make calls to ask or complain you are warned that if you continue your job will be ended. You will only receive 8 days off a month with max 2 consecutive and you can only request for 3 of this 8 off. the remaining 5 will be put where they need. You will not request for your flights. They will create your schedule. Seniority is very political with nothing explained or in writing. I am sorry to say that so far, no good := and it was better at Jazzera. Just another low cost airline! Hopfuly it will change:ok:

flyboyike
11th Jan 2009, 00:56
They don't seem to have any pilot vacancies at this time, at least, not according to their website.

James4th
17th Jan 2009, 07:52
All the management is not Kuwaiti, there are a number of management positions held my various nationalities, including Australian, Italian and English. The above posts just show the mentality of some line pilots who have never looked further than their own noses. Starting up a new airline is never smooth and comments like this just bring moral down and make it more difficult to make things work properly. So mate, don't be so bloody selfish and pull your weight with the rest of the boys and give it time and all will be well. Cheers, James

CaptainProp
17th Jan 2009, 11:40
James - with all respect, we are not charity workers! We are pilots who moved somewhere (I do not work for Wataniya) to make money. We sign a contract and we are then expected to honor OUR part of the contract. This usually includes all the basics like showing up on time for our flights, operate in accordance with OPS manuals, manage the the crew, safety first and costumers after that etc etc. Now, if I fulfill MY part of this contract I damn sure expect the company to fulfill its part. This includes EVERYTHING that is in my contract - NOT negotiable. The start up hiccups you are talking about have nothing to do with contracts. Personally I would stretch to volunteerily helping out by working on an off day here or there, or perhaps doing an extra sector on a day. THIS is what I consider "pull your weight with the rest"....

Whats next? No contracts at all for pilots perhaps?

"Sorry, this month you are not getting paid", "Eh, why not?", "Why? Eh, we just don't feel like it this month. Ok?"

Good luck to those of you who have had problems like the ones described by previous posters....

CP

Gladiaviator
8th Jun 2009, 14:10
Latest update from Wataniya:-

Chief Commercial Officer has Resigned. New one just arrived.
Ground Services Manager position is in its 3rd incantation.
Chief Operations Office is "On Leave"
Training Manager was sacked.
Chief Pilot is very unhappy.
Cabin Crew Manager very unhappy
Flight Operations Service Manager is on the skids
Crew Scheduling is inexperienced and has lost/never had the plot.
Just about every Manager is looking for another job.
CEO is only now discovering what has been going on in FLT OPS under his very nose.
Chairman is confused as to why a perfectly good little airline has been brought to its knees.

The answer:- total lack of functional management in operational/HR areas, Lack of Manpower planning, total destruction of all goodwill and moral amongst Pilots and Cabin Crew due to HR having no idea of what airline personnel are about and the CP not being able to communicate effectively upward or downward. No one has a defined role is their position.

The Cabin Crew Manager is the only real manager there and he will go as soon as he finds another position.

The only hope is to have a new "Operations Manager" to clean up the mess and get people communicating again. It needs strong leadership, a strong chain of command and everyone in a defined role. It can be done and if it is not done soon the following will result:-

Mass resignations of pilots and cabin crew,
Resignation of more key managers in all areas, not just Flt Ops.
The grounding of some/all aircraft
The slow total collapse of effective control.

What a pity!

Shaman
12th Jun 2009, 13:01
Anyone have any idea when the next a/c is due and how long before that assessments are likely to be held?

AirMan320
25th Jun 2009, 21:20
Shaman, did you not read the post by Gladiaviator?? All true I'm afraid! A real shame and :mad: sham.:=

BuBbLeUp
28th Jun 2009, 20:42
Where did you get this idea? Any new aircraft will come soon? Inchallah! Although I heard they are hiring new Arab pilots for they are firing western pilots! HHhhmmmm??

seasick
28th Jun 2009, 23:07
not in the right section but do you know who you should speak to about cabin crew recruitment? :)

thanks!

Shaman
29th Jun 2009, 07:45
<<..New hires online ,with new aircraft, September!..>>

Thanks, ME.

Orangeapple
3rd Jul 2009, 00:11
Gladiaviator is 100 % correct. Working on the other side of flight deck door, all the mentioned problems are painfully obvious. Also, the mentality is put up and shut up or get lost. Staff (flight and cabin) are too afraid to voice issues for fear of retribution. Communication between departments is non-existant and the right package is not being offered to the right people to get them here.

I had a discussion with PIC a few days ago and was warned to keep a low profile regarding issues the cabin crew face. I intend to do just that till I can haul my behind back to my home country. Promises are not being kept and the HOCC is the only one around here that knows his job and if not for him, many of the cabin crew would be long gone.

The potential of this airline is staggering, but the implementation/useage of it is down the you-know-what.

kingriser
6th Aug 2009, 04:01
hi guys.. about wataniya`s cabin crew job ! is the process similar to kuwait airways ? you know wasta ( recommendation ) and stuff... although i`m a deserving guy but they never reply my mails :ugh: I just dont undstnd

anything relieving will be appreciated. :)

glock320
9th Jan 2010, 12:26
Guys i ahve got this Link from a frind
http://www.kuwaitse.com/PORTAL/TQ/656.pdf

can this be true ?
Can this affect the crew ?
Is thier any loss od LIC

ab33t
9th Jan 2010, 15:44
Yes anything is possible

muppet in the sky
9th Jan 2010, 21:08
Well glock it has been issued by the kuwait stock exchange so it is official... The airline is still expanding (3 A320s this year) so the man power is still short and they are still hiring, and they are building a massive new HQ office near the main terminal so thats why the high losses.... I didnt understand ur last sentence... :}

crazyduck
10th Jan 2010, 05:37
the man power is still short and they are still hiring

hi muppett :ok:
could you please tell to these guys that after one year of operations(i suppose that the word start up is no longer required) birds need to get what they want(annual leaves)when they want otherwise the will do it by themselves:}?

byeeeeeeeeee

muppet in the sky
10th Jan 2010, 12:02
Hello crazy duck :},

I dont quite get your thing with birds, but you must understand that annual leaves cancellation are normal in this part of the world, you should know better.... ask the guys in jazeera, they are being put on forced leave so they can burn out their acculumated annual leave within time periods that they dont want!!!

Also this idea of you just walking away is not cool := So not getting your annual leave is not really a reason to twist your knickers :ok:!!

So if just keep flying bud!!! and fly safe!!

411A
10th Jan 2010, 15:18
they are being put on forced leave so they can burn out their acculumated annual leave within time periods that they dont want!!!

It would appear...that a few pilots still don't get the message that companies cannot allow everyone to go on annual leave on the dates they desire, because....to do so might find the airline well short of operating crew at certain times of the year.

So...get used to it, it ain't gonna change.

EOM

crazyduck
12th Jan 2010, 08:01
Hi Muppett

i am not thinking to leave.I decided to come and stay since i joined. I like the place.i am just asking why they do not give annual leaves ,that's the problem after one year of operations
ask the guys in jazeera, they are being put on forced leave so they can burn out their acculumated annual leave within time periods that they dont want!!!

at least they got annual leaves!That would be nice but in jazeera they already know if their annual leaves have been approved or not long time before.In wataniya you will know it when the month you have requested them will come.:ugh:
How can i plan a trip,how can i buy a ticket if i don't know in advance if my annuale leaves have been approved?
Why they don't give us some months of the year available to choose our annual leaves?Tell me when i can choose and i will do it but at least give me an idea.
Come on guys you can do much better;)

muppet in the sky
12th Jan 2010, 08:09
Talking to the wrong guy here, or actually posting in the wrong place :} try your luck with crew scheduling :ok:

glock320
12th Jan 2010, 12:05
Guys this is WN not EK or EY
Check this
Airways Magazine - A Global Review of Commercial Flight (http://www.airwaysmag.com/channels.html?article_id=189&channel_id=1)

latest 6 weeks bonus for all crew pluss 7% pay raise...............

glock320
13th Jan 2010, 02:53
Latest news, new blood is pumped in the company
4000.000 Kd from watany bank as life support.

crazyduck
13th Jan 2010, 05:19
latest 6 weeks bonus for all crew pluss 7% pay raise...............:hmm:

Hi Glock320!
i would like to see what you are talking about before believe it.I hope that you will be right

muppet in the sky
13th Jan 2010, 06:05
Hello there glock!!

6 weeks bonus and 7% pay rise? All this with life support of NBK bank of only 4000KD? Sounds far fetched.... :bored:

Lets even assume its 4,000,000KD life support from the banks..... the link that you have sent us shows a loss of about 8,000,000KD, and the paid up capital of 50,000,000KD. Where did that money go?? The banks wont be too keen to give out 4,000,000KD if you blew up 50,000,000KD in one year :}....

So I would safely say that this is a false statement.... :8

glock320
13th Jan 2010, 09:23
guys look arround, it is the bords face that will be lost can they afford to let the company go down NO.

1- EU flights with lay over , East EU cabin attendants will blow some breath from heven in the KU with style and Smile.
2-A350 will be the next flag ship
3- I will keep something for tomorow

muppet in the sky
13th Jan 2010, 10:31
Glock, I honestly love your enthusiam to this company, but what are you are saying is far fetched and very hard to understand....

1- WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT EASTERN EUROPEAN CABIN CREW AND KU???

2- NO CONFIRMED LAYOVERS IN EUROPE... HOW ARE YOU GOING TO GO THERE WITH A320S??

3- IF A350 IS WATANIYA'S FLAGSHIP, THEN THEY WON'T GET IT UNTIL 2014, ALSO IF YOU SAY THE BOARD HAS JUST GOT A 4,000,000KD LIFELINE FROM THE BANKS, THEN IM SURE THEY ARE IN NO POSITION TO BUY AIRCRAFT SLOTS FROM OTHER COMPANIES FOR THE A350 FOR PRIORITY PURCHASE.

I can't hardly wait to hear tomorrows post from you glock320.... All F/Os get upgraded without command training, management promises pilots 20 days per month, annual leave 120 days per annum all confirmed without management's approval :} I'm sure crazyduck would be in heaven with that :ok:

glock320
13th Jan 2010, 12:20
well you can wait and see
we have deep pokets her and we will fly the flage till profits catch up this is our company we will hang on to it they are doing thier best to upgrade us to Commanders then we will make a lift up in this company
but wat i said was true and you can say other wise I am very satisfied with this company

crazyduck
14th Jan 2010, 04:43
1- EU flights with lay over , East EU cabin attendants will blow some breath from heven in the KU with style and Smile.
2-A350 will be the next flag ship
3- I will keep something for tomorow :eek::eek:

I'm sure crazyduck would be in heaven with that :ok::E

Muppett you seem to know me very well now;)
I like the enthusiasm of Glock320,we need it:ok:.I am very positive too but 350 and EU sound not realistic.How can we go there if we don't have enough crew for the actual fleet and the one in the close future?I am here to stay that's for sure but we really need to improve our scheduling,our annual leave system Many people seems to be too much interested in getting something personal (i am not one of those guys that's for sure:=)and gossiping .There are too much spies who can't wait to know latest news to be spread for getting their own achievements....
We definitely need persons here ready to bring and share their human and professional experience to make the company improving instead of thinking to get a position as a chance to show their muscles(or power)

am i right muppett?;)

muppet in the sky
14th Jan 2010, 06:33
As always crazyduck you are right :ok:, now I can't wait to hear glock320 latest news and info on wataniya airways today, i'm tuned in for this one... :}

glock320
14th Jan 2010, 15:16
Hi every one keeps giving negative thoughts but I think i have given alot and I will retire back to my old company bye for now

muppet in the sky
14th Jan 2010, 15:33
WHAT!!! Come on Glock320!!!! I made myself a nice warm cup of cocao awaiting your post!! Your attitude is appreciated mate, but coming in here and making lets just say some extremely hopeful comments is pretty hard to swallow...

Big Footer
14th Jan 2010, 16:40
Me too ;)

muppet in the sky
14th Jan 2010, 17:07
See Glock320, people are waiting for your next post... Come on mate :ok:

MAXMEDLO
14th Jan 2010, 21:42
WTF :bored:

Even I, an adversary as most followers know, am amused of what glock is saying, man, gimmie a drag of what your smokin :ugh:

tripleng
31st Jan 2010, 09:15
Goodafternoon,
could some one be so kind to provide me adresses and tips for making the application?

Many tks,
Tripleng.

glock320
1st Feb 2010, 17:01
9th of march the big day for our airline,the dawn of a new Day.
Kuwait her we come .

Do-27
1st Feb 2010, 18:46
U mean..... alku8 alwatany altayaran?¿.....;)

Why not.....the rumor exist since long time ago..... like in the oldies.... we will see; maybe yes, maybe no;:ooh:

Bets are open....:E;

glock320
5th Feb 2010, 09:28
anything new guys ?

G-FULL
5th Feb 2010, 09:52
What I highly find funny is how this airline is expecting to make profit while their planes sleep at night? I think if they want to start competing hard, they should consider going into the Indian/European market. 320's can make it to Europe with no problem. SV uses them up to FRA/MAD! - I wouldn't mind being in Wataniya luxury cabin for a 4hour flight. After all, they are not an LCC to complain about legroom service etc...

glock320
5th Feb 2010, 11:21
well we like to sleep at night this sis part of the pakage

jimmyg
5th Feb 2010, 12:29
It was funny to see a Jazeera A320 leased to Watanyia the other day to cover a Beirut turn.

I wonder what the pax must have thought when they paid for premium and got a LCC cabin.

I guess it was better than a cancled flight.:bored:

muppet in the sky
5th Feb 2010, 19:02
Glock your quote!! "well we like to sleep at night this sis part of the pakage" is priceless!!!! :ok: I'm sure all WN staff must get their need :zzz: !!

G-FULL, mutt is right mate, A320 going straight to Europe are not economically efficient to fly 4 plus hours for one sector, as it will make the ticket prices sky high!! So it wont make the airline competitive with the other major players in the region....

Fly safe guys !!

muppet in the sky
5th Feb 2010, 19:07
Jimmyg!! Must have been a plesant surprise for the passengers to say the least!!

M.E.flyinghigh, its true flights are full, but what amazing timing when loads are picking up thanks to the promotion going around, one aircraft goes AOG and everything goes to hell!! Shame :( .....

G-FULL
5th Feb 2010, 20:05
Again, how come SV does it? They just loaded RUH-CDG on the A320!

glock320
6th Feb 2010, 02:45
Guys look ,if we acn build this brand fly the flag we can start making money soon just think outside the loop 50 min flight is too short for supper Luxs lets develop the EU market pepole will pay only to strech thier legs , new staf with fresh Ideas are on the way to the top with sucsess stoys from similsr airline ,as for J9 operating Wn it saved the day and thats it . lets show the market our hspitality at resonable price . 350$ a pof is for 50 for a start till you get hooked on it....

jimmyg
6th Feb 2010, 03:08
Yes it is a shame that only one AOG can cancel one or more flights. I have seen this before here at Jazeera as well. It seems to me a reckless management style to cut operations too close to the bone.

BTW I operated CAK just after the dry lease and the aircraft had all the Watanyia material in the seat backs and the WN safety demo tape in VTR 1. Nice bit of advertising for Watanyia.

Jazeera asleep at the wheel once again! :D

numnuts744
6th Feb 2010, 07:59
Glock I think you need professional help....................:ugh:

muppet in the sky
6th Feb 2010, 08:35
Hello Mutt, you work for SV right? This notion is taken after reviewing your posts. Please could you answer the following question, does SV have ACT (additional center tanks) modified on their A320s? If that is case then there should be no problem really to operate to europe.

If restricting the passenger load to operate those flights, then its just sheer stupidity when SV has a large widebody fleet.

If you don't work for SV then I do apologise.

Jimmyg, its not really reckless management in Wataniya, it was pure imcompetence!! They had no clue in what to do!!

I still stand by the fact that this airline has huge potential, but not with those people on board....:(

G-FULL
6th Feb 2010, 09:19
@Mutt:

No, it's not an added tank aircraft. According to Airbus, the range of the A320 with full passengers and bags is 3,200NM . . According to Great Circle Mapper, RUH-CDG is 2,900NM which is well in the A320 range with the winds in mind. So far I have seen ASA/ASB/AS11 on the route. However, I have seen AS31/ASA/ASB on the RUH-FRA route.

G-FULL
6th Feb 2010, 10:54
I am having a good day by getting more knowledge, thank you so much!

Winds: Jetstream while going west (100KTS headwind) which pilots hate :ok: - If I remember correctly, they operate under FAA

glock320
8th Feb 2010, 02:47
guys lets meat in the hard rock cafe and put our thoughts together on one paper and present them to the CEO

muppet in the sky
9th Feb 2010, 07:59
Sorry Glock but no chance for that happening, too many pilots are flying and I can't see many people will drift off to hard rock cafe (mind you the food is crap there :}) to meet random strangers on their days off :uhoh:

Sorry bud :ok: I'm sticking to pprune to vent !! (hey any chance to be a mod here :})

muppet in the sky
10th Feb 2010, 10:11
Keep reading the thread mate there you will see some T&Cs on there for F/Os and they are hiring both captains and first officers

muppet in the sky
10th Feb 2010, 10:14
Lets keep our fingers crossed for some widebodies!!! :ok:

BuBbLeUp
10th Feb 2010, 14:16
Lies, lies, lies! i guess alot of people has been promised with stuff they won't even get...:\

muppet in the sky
10th Feb 2010, 16:39
Hello there BuBbLeUp,

Could you please tell me one airline in the region that doesn't lie? Or on constant process of erroding your T&Cs, Wataniya Airways in my point of view is the lesser of all evils in this region. Not the most honest airline, but at least, you don't need an exit permit to leave the country, the pilots are not randomly arrested for no reason. As you might have read on some of threads here.....

As for the CEO, he said:

""As at now we operate the Airbus A320 aircraft type, which is traditionally restricted to four-and-a-half hours of flying radius around Kuwait. So it would not be possible to fly global routes. But I am not ruling out that we could look at another aircraft type in 2011. We have no aircraft orders for next year yet. So we need to be thinking of th at now,"

He did not really lie there mate.. Nothing wrong with that statement.....:ugh:

glock320
11th Feb 2010, 10:38
Hi guys dont you think that we can fly to jedda at night for haj the next season without affecting the the flight paterns and giving the same lux ops we need to look into this too or to India at night

crazyduck
11th Feb 2010, 15:12
Dear Muppett

Could you please tell me one airline in the region that doesn't lie? Or on constant process of erroding your T&Cs, Wataniya Airways in my point of view is the lesser of all evils in this region. Not the most honest airline, but at least, you don't need an exit permit to leave the country, the pilots are not randomly arrested for no reason. As you might have read on some of threads here.....:D:ok:

finally you are realizing what i used to say since my first post.Look at bubbleup....Guys i understand your problems but if someone cheated on you by saying a lot of b:mad:t when you signed the contract(8 cons days off,commmuting contract etc)it is not our problem.The lier guy left with his pockets full of money.Now there is another one left who is trying to damage the reputation of other colleagues by spreading bad rumors but fortunately facts are telling us who was right and who wasn't.meanwhile he made thousands of bucks:= with per diems in dubai...or toulouse?
he belongs to few people(1 or 2) here who are really:mad:.And please my dear ((i am talking to the mud)stop crying and saying that you are a victim that everyone is against you because normally the weak person never admits his mistakes and tries to discharge them on other people/events...like you do.After all the mess you made you should kiss the floor not to be kicked out.But you have no face nor dignity i can see it clearly.And you are giving a bad reputation to your friends.
See Muppett other than this everything is not so bad but for sure we need more improvements .
I know that someone doesn't like my style Muppett...because i say the truth and it hurts;)...

Just to clarify the bank told me that someone who left did not pay his loan....someone else took one and then left...very nice guys.

CD

petone
11th Feb 2010, 15:24
Hi guys,

I just have been recruited by Wataniya, should start 1/4/'10
just wanted to ask if you don't know any cabin crew yourself,i would appreciate their opinion and have some questions too.

Thnx

muppet in the sky
12th Feb 2010, 04:16
Glock320

"Hi guys dont you think that we can fly to jedda at night for haj the next season without affecting the the flight paterns and giving the same lux ops we need to look into this too or to India at night"

There is nothing wrong with flying to jeddah at night, Qatar airways is a five star airline and it flies at night :ugh:. NO INDIAN FLIGHTS AT ALL PLEASE := !!! Passengers going to India will look for the cheapest ticket and they want TRANSIT to Europe or North America :8!! They don't want to go to Kuwait. These flights will hurt the business model of the airline!

GLOCK WE NEED WIDEBODIES, AND START GOING TO EUROPE AND AMERICA ITS THAT SIMPLE!! JUST THE BOARD AND MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO PLAN AND FUND IT... (with the former, I have my reservations...:uhoh:)

muppet in the sky
12th Feb 2010, 04:25
Crazyduck how are you mate? It's been a while! Flying alot or was on leave?

Petone, welcome to wataniya airways! I think there are some cabin crew around in this forum. I honestly don't know who is though.... Anyway if you have any questions please do not hesitate to put it this thread or PM me!

It will be "our pleasure" :}

Again welcome aboard, and have fun in the course with Rossen :ok:

glock320
12th Feb 2010, 14:24
We can go to all the lovely places if we code share or be part of sky aliance

muppet in the sky
13th Feb 2010, 13:31
Hello rise-up!

I truely hope you get the offer letter, and hope to see you in April for the course!

Life in Kuwait is how you make of it, I have been more active in Kuwait then I was in London. I earned my diving license, play golf (surprisingly very relaxing to whack a little ball through the field :ok: ) Plus at night, there is always something going around with my social circles in Kuwait if u get what I mean :}

Now about the monthly take home, well this is what I heard, so please don't quote me on it, its about 900KD...

The building is ok for crew accomidation, only problem is that the guests have restricted access. Most of your colleagues are already considering to moveing out of the building, to make room for you guys :)...

Well Wataniya is going global, but any less than next year 2011, I don't see it happening on 2010 :( so expect LHR, FRA MNL maybe next year or the year after... I has to go to europe, it has no choice :ok:

Hope this helps, good luck!!

muppet in the sky
13th Feb 2010, 13:40
Glock, whats the point of code sharing if WE don't go our selfs :hmm: I don't want another airline to code share or join an alliance!! We want to fly the aircraft our selfs to go there !!

petone
13th Feb 2010, 13:46
Hi Guys,

first of all, Muppet Thnx, you already answered my questions which Rise up asked,, maybe one more,, what is it like over there with sex)))))))? does anyone ask who that is or any questions? and also,,you mentioned Rossen,,I am not sure if were not sarcastic,,is he ok?if you don't want to post here,,send me a private mail...0-)

Rise up,, I wana ask,,have sent them everything all the paperwork etc.?where and when was your interview?

Oh anyone has a fb?

C ya

petone
13th Feb 2010, 13:53
i am not able to reply to your thead

petone
13th Feb 2010, 13:55
First of all

Thanks Muppet,, how long have u been in Kuwait?

So u r saying there is plenty of fun when u r not flying?

Rise up--have you finished and sent off all the paperwork and u r just waiting a letter?
When was your interview?

muppet in the sky
13th Feb 2010, 14:15
Definitely Petone :ok: I have been in Kuwait for quite some time now :}

rise-up
14th Feb 2010, 14:33
Hey!!...Truely appreciate..you taking the time to reply....Thanks.

I was told often..that life in KWI is more like living in DXB around 10-15 years ago...But from what you've said...turns out...though a few years behind...its not all that bad... :) and besides your right...a place is just as good/ bad as we make of it!!
Hoping your guess on the salary is really true....cause that sure is good money.
Too bad no wide bodied a/c yet...but well...WAN is just yet teething and I hope It ventures to europe and the other amaizing continents sooN.

looking forward to meeting you guys.
Thanks again Muppet...You've been a lotta help.

rise-up
14th Feb 2010, 14:36
Hey!

No...haven't got started with any paperwork yet....just waiting for the heads up!
I was Interviewed Jan this year....You?

glock320
14th Feb 2010, 16:30
hi man hope to see you arround when will you arrive?

muppet in the sky
15th Feb 2010, 12:13
Its my pleasure, and it would be also be a pleasure to meet u in Wataniya Airways!!

glock320
16th Feb 2010, 04:28
hi
I am running out of steem ,wvwry promiss was not fullfilled and i am very disaponted i am allways standing on my legs in the cabin and they want me to smile all the time I am going to the VIP again bye.

muppet in the sky
16th Feb 2010, 07:39
Glock are you ok today? No more of that good stuff you have been smoking? :}

rise-up
18th Feb 2010, 18:58
Would you like to fill us in....whats on?

che ci dò che ci dò!
21st Feb 2010, 19:15
..does any of you have any updated infos concerning the selection process? I know they were used to do an interview and a sim ride but I've heard that training manager has changed, so assessments could be different now.
Any detail would be greately appreciated.

Thanks!

muppet in the sky
21st Feb 2010, 19:30
Same procedures, no changes mate

Fly safe and good luck :ok:

petone
22nd Feb 2010, 09:36
Rise up-

I have not started with any paperwork too, just waiting,,been interviewed on 16.2.2010,,

Also guys could you help me to decide?!!!!!!I also received a call from emirates that I have been accepted!!!!!!!

WHo is better< who shall I decide for?
Please give me any pros and cons

Thnx!

glock320
23rd Feb 2010, 18:50
on my way to VVIP A320 in the gulf and Bye guys It was a good company .

miss you all

glock320
6th Mar 2010, 02:24
Hi any news about A330 on the way?

BuBbLeUp
6th Mar 2010, 15:53
hi petone! Don't even plan of joining Wataniya if you are given the chance to work with Emirates! Go for it! All of the cabin crew in Wataniya are dying to work with EK! So please, do yourself a favor! Stay away from Wataniya/Kuwait!!!:eek:

skytrek21
6th Mar 2010, 17:13
Can anyone please post HR's Email or any contact info for Wataniya pilot hiring. You can PM me as well. Thanks.

G-FULL
11th Apr 2010, 08:22
To whichever w*nker that said WAN A320 can't make it to europe;

WAN631 KWI0905 – 1335FCO 320 135
WAN632 FCO1510 – 2100KWI 320 135

AND

WAN641 KWI0945 – 1405VIE 320 357
WAN642 VIE1500 – 2045KWI 320 357

That's Vienna and ROME!

glock320
11th Apr 2010, 18:34
Guys i wish I was with you but I am away In BAh now gret news will it be lay over or hevy crew

SuperJet
14th Apr 2010, 10:02
Good morning all!

I have read through this thread, and although there seem to be issues left outstanding with Wataniya, their management, running, crew contracts etc. It seems that most are more or less satisfied or at least have an insightful appreciation on where the airline is going. From what I know already, Wataniya have big plans, but they are maintaining a core business model of pseudo-VIP A320 short haul services and are playing all other cards close to their chests, and rightly so. With many more A320s on order, I believe things will settle down and go in the right direction now, if not shortly...

I have an interesting side question, although I am extremely interested in the pilot perspective. Does anyone have an idea of the management salaries and benefits? If no-one is comfortable posting it up here, then go ahead an PM me...

Thanks again all! Best of luck!

SJ

glock320
19th Apr 2010, 16:34
GVA via VIE or direct .good news

SuperJet
19th Apr 2010, 17:09
Is there anyone who currently works for Wataniya Airways who is willing to give me an unbiased view on working conditions? I am more than happy to receive PMs about it if prefered?

Thanks. Much appreciated.

SJ:mad:

glock320
20th Apr 2010, 14:41
Hi guys VIE on the way

skytrek21
30th Apr 2010, 02:47
can anyone from Wataniya post the latest. There seems to be absolutely no news about the company anymore. How are the loads lately? Are they picking up business. How is the expansion going

sky

glock320
3rd May 2010, 10:18
Check this is it affecting your company

Iraq seeks early delivery of new Boeing airliners - Transportation - ArabianBusiness.com (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/584119-iraq-seeks-early-delivery-of-new-boeing-airliners)

skytrek21
3rd May 2010, 13:13
I highly doubt that Iraq getting new planes would affect Wataniya. Iraq's stability is more of a concern than them running an established airline. Anyways any new info about Wataniya would be nice. Thanks again guys.

sky

glock320
5th May 2010, 22:33
Check this
Wataniya Airways planning services to India; 1time gains; Royal Jordanian falls | Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation - CAPA (http://www.centreforaviation.com/news/share-market/2010/05/03/wataniya-airways-planning-services-to-india-1time-gains-royal-jordanian-falls/page1)
so its night flights guys

skytrek21
6th May 2010, 12:31
Good to know they are planning on flights to India....however I think Indians don't really go for the high fare. They look for the cheapest tickets possible. I remember JZR was flying to Delhi and now it doesn't show on their schedule anymore. wonder why....

Dagar
8th May 2010, 23:46
skytrek21,

I wonder why Singapore,Etihad,Emirates,Qatar,Continental,American,British Airways,Lufthansa,Virgin Atlantic,Delta,Cathay,Korean,Thai,Malaysian,SAS,El Al,Saudia,Oman Air,Kuwaiti,plus Indian Carriers and the list goes on and on and on fly to India and you know why smarty pants,its because India for them is cash cow.And who really cares about Jazeera,look at Air Arabia,they fly to plenty of cities in India.

Look at the travellers in America who dont like to pay a whole lot either and love to fly on Southwest in cattle class,which is pretty much a greyhound bus service.

desertopsguy
9th May 2010, 07:02
I think the Wataniya concept is a breath of fresh air in the midst of all these crappy, no-service lo-co's.

Best of luck to them!:ok:

SuperJet
25th Jun 2010, 12:25
The Head of OCC and other management roles have been advertised since March/April, and I was wondering if they have appointed anyone, or if these roles are simply sliding along without momentum being put behind them to get them filled? Anyone who knows anything about thise, please let me know, or even send me a PM if preferred? Thanks to you all! :)

SJ

sondbird101
27th Jun 2010, 08:05
Nothing listed on company website. Is this an internal advertising?

Michi
27th Jun 2010, 08:43
Anyone know when pilot recruitment is continuing? I have been invited a while ago, but put on hold for the time being.

SuperJet
28th Jun 2010, 10:14
Am in touch with persons at Wataniya, and the word is that pilot recruitment was brief and done with early this year for now. Am just wondering what has happened to the upper-management roles that were advertised back in March! The jobs are no longer on their website, as theyre now over 3 months old... Any news from anyone, much appreciated...

SJ

numnuts744
7th Jul 2010, 06:31
Regarding the management positions {OCC etc} completed or in the offer process.

saigona
8th Jul 2010, 11:47
Good Day,

could anyone put some Light on Salary and Roster for both Cpt & Fo at Wataniya pls!?

Thinking about to apply in the Future but it`s kind of hard to get internal Infos about these essential things.

Thanxs

Desert law
9th Jul 2010, 19:42
Hi muppet
It seems that you join WA since long time, as I heard that they had a new OPS director and a training manager ? Any feed back on those guys ?

Thanks

glock320
22nd Dec 2010, 15:04
great guys one local one italian sweet guys the problim is that they have now work for new guys ,low season

glock320
10th Feb 2011, 04:29
Hi guys any news about The new destanations for the Summer Season are they going to go to the UK VIA BEY what about the A-330 wet lease ,did they publish the bounus ,my frinf was talking about 5 weeks ,please name the new TRI/TRE nominated ?
Oh lots of news are running around at EK about you guys

crazyduck
10th Feb 2011, 14:56
I find it hard to believe they would give any pilot/crew member a bonus, considering they have NOT made any $$$ since they started. Folks are still leaving and hiring attorneys just to get their yearly bonus payout. Unless you actually work/worked for Wataniya, you really don't understand what is going on or know the truth.

I think the rumors are just that and anything else is just a pipe dream

Dear Mepilot10

don't waste your time answering to Glock,
1He is making fun of us since day1
2Maybe he is belonging to the elite of crew flying the wonderful A300,A310 or Prehistoric A340:E belonging to the biggest flag carrier of the Gulf...(13-15 aircrafts?????:E)
Maybe he flies for the best and most wanted low cost of the world based in KWI...who knows
Everyone should keep his mouth shut here....i can't see any brilliant example of commercial airline in KWI.
Of course i cannot blame people for making fun of us but let us doing this

Glock320 which is your airline?Just to have an idea....:E

Python27
13th Sep 2018, 14:17
www.gulfnews.com/amp/business/aviation/kuwait-suspends-wataniya-airways-permit-1.2275332