PDA

View Full Version : How about this Rumuor!

cxorcist
22nd Oct 2008, 19:17
REFILE-UPDATE 1-BA shares jump on market talk of Cathay interest | News | Hot Shares | Reuters (http://uk.reuters.com/article/hotStocksNews/idUKLM27109720081022)

Bograt
23rd Oct 2008, 02:19
Maybe we could then get them to stop calling themselves "THE Speedbird 288":yuk:
Have fun training them out of that habit.

Liam Gallagher
23rd Oct 2008, 03:41
Cathay spokesman reportedly denying any interest........ must be true then....

SQC7991
23rd Oct 2008, 11:26
Interesting that CX felt it necessary to deny it as they couldn't do it anyway - EU rules state 49% max shareholding of EU airlines by foreign companies. However what about JS & Sons who certainly could do it legally and financially (they must have mega bucks in the bank)

Watch this space!

Truckmasters
23rd Oct 2008, 13:27
fairly simple I would have thought
49% ownership by cathay
10% by JS & Sons

That would be majority ownership.

If they did decide to do it I'm sure there would plenty of creative ways to avoid the foreign ownership problem.

hongkongfooey
23rd Oct 2008, 14:30
Of course, silly me, doom and gloom and :mad: and destruction, and we are losing passengers ( 2 xxld in the last week alone !! ), so the logical thing to do is buy a major stake in another airline ( one that is probably sprouting the same :mad: to its employees )

CXtreme
23rd Oct 2008, 15:13
doom and gloom and http://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/censored.gif and destruction, and we are losing passengers

Yes, they need it to drive down the share price to allow them to buy back as much as possible before the official announcement send the share price to new highs.

Damm the one who leaked this pre maturelly, now the staff know what they are up to.

CXtreme
23rd Oct 2008, 15:19
Maybe we could then get them to stop calling themselves "THE Speedbird 288"

but first we need to stop that awfull practice of staff travel, can you amagine.... up grading staff family before pax, using the lounge at out ports, FREE F.O.C's ....... not when we rule!!!!