PDA

View Full Version : Rostering Question

The GC
22nd Oct 2008, 00:52
You are at your home base on an O day and crew control ring you at 2200Local advising you that you now have a duty with a 0900 sign-on the next day (which was also an O day). Are you required to do the duty? Did you have to answer the phone?

Answer:

You are not required to answer your phone on an O day. If you have checked in on 8929 after your flight with no messages, you are not required to be contactable or acknowledge crew direct on an O day.

Section 4.2 of the Rostering Practice states: A crew member may be assigned a Duty on an O Day at any time provided that the Approved Flight Time Limitations Scheme is satisfied. If the O Day is at Home Base then the crewmember must be informed before the actual day and at least 12 hours before the time of start of the Duty. When these conditions cannot be met, the crewmember may be requested to undertake a Duty.

If you don’t want to do the duty you don’t have to, it is only a request only.

If you have the 12 hours notice you will be required to do the duty.

Next week, let’s compare answers.

This Week’s Poll

If you have or were to receive a Sickness letter, known as an “Absence Management Programme” letter how would it affect you?

a) It would have no effect as I think Management are genuinely concerned for my welfare
b) It would have no effect but I don’t think Management care for my welfare
c) I think it is intimidation and it would have no effect on making me operate if I was unfit to fly
d) I think it is intimidation and it would have an effect on making me operate if I was unfit to fly

Please complete the poll on our website.

Regards
The GC

FlyingNun
24th Oct 2008, 16:24
Well, how about this:
You’re on an O day checking Flight Int’l for jobs, and you saw nothing going.
Then reading from the front, you find doom and gloom as the financial meltdown continues worldwide. Several airlines go bust, others are making redundancies.

Then at 1545 the phone rings, CC want you to work because they’re short of pilots.
Do you have to work?
In fact, do you deserve to work?
Back to FI, what exit strategy is there?
Open your eyes and use your little grey cells.
God bless.
FN:=

Mr. Bloggs
28th Oct 2008, 12:24
Reading flight international with all the airlines going bust, is an opportunity for CX. It depends on how you interpret the weekly propaganda reports. Expectation Management.:suspect:

Most likely calling to change your flights and roster you out of EFP, but then again, it’s not supposed to happen.:=