PDA

View Full Version : Kids And Flying

flyvirgin
21st Oct 2008, 18:37
Hi All,
I just need some advice, i have Nearly completed my ppl and have alwaysd dreamed of being a pilot, but the only problem is my fiance is expecting our first baby, do you think i still would be able to do my flying with a baby.
Has anyone completed there training even tho they have a child.
Thanks for any info.
Adam

Parapunter
21st Oct 2008, 18:55
do you think i still would be able to do my flying with a baby

Surely you'd be better off with a plane than a baby:uhoh:

G-CPTN
21st Oct 2008, 19:16
Or even an aircraft . . .

Saintsman
21st Oct 2008, 19:17
Do you want to fly for fun or as a career?

I used to fly for fun, but marriage and children put paid to it. It's hard to justify the expense when the kids need new shoes.......

Actually I could justify the expense, it was the ear ache that got me. "Its okay for you swanning off for the day and leaving me with with a screaming baby".

Much better you're both miserable ;)

LordGrumpy
21st Oct 2008, 19:19
....with wings: luxury. Our dad would wind up propeller elastic band, on a good day we could sit inside....

flyvirgin
21st Oct 2008, 19:28
Saintsman i wanted to fly for a career

Parapunter
21st Oct 2008, 19:29
Don't Carp on about wings. You don't need wings, they're a load of old Pollocks.

G-CPTN
21st Oct 2008, 20:06
I thought it was skate that had wings?

FlyingOfficerKite
21st Oct 2008, 20:28
No a skate has a blade!

FOK :)

BladePilot
21st Oct 2008, 23:08
Well BMI did it....:p

pubicAir
21st Oct 2008, 23:24
BMIbaby googoo gaga:D

Halfbaked_Boy
22nd Oct 2008, 01:59
Oh well, he DID post in JB I guess... :rolleyes:

G-CPTN
22nd Oct 2008, 02:23
I can begin to understand flyvirgin's dilemma, though he should have thought through the whole scenario just as if he had intended joining-up for military duty - ie having to leave his partner to fend for herself (with a baby) whilst he is away flying.
I withdrew from the Fleet Air Arm (as was) when I realised that being ship-based I couldn't pop home weekends.
I also withdrew from single-seater track racing as I was no longer prepared to go out with the intention of killing myself once I got involved with the girl that I intended to make my wife. The 'devil-may-care' attitude deserted me and I became too cautious and therefore uncompetitive as I felt that I owed her consideration. (At the time, 1960s, there was a high rate of attrition among my peers.)

So, flyvirgin, if you are not prepared to be self-centered but want to be around for nappy changes (and even feeds) and not miss out on stages of your child's development then you need to find a different career . . .

AntiCrash
22nd Oct 2008, 02:30
I tried to fly my daughter several times when she was an infant, mostly she just plummeted. It is much easier to fly an aeroplane.

hardhatter
22nd Oct 2008, 11:44
I have no idea, what is the MTOW allowance for an infant? Maybe you must shed a few pounds.

:}

taxydual
22nd Oct 2008, 12:24
FLYVIRGIN

I suppose you will be changing your Username now that your fiancee's in pod.

:ok::ok:

13thDuke
22nd Oct 2008, 12:26
Remember that Far Side cartoon, "OK Jack, let's get this baby off the ground"?