PDA

View Full Version : easyJet cancellations

757operator
21st Oct 2008, 07:15
easyJet have cancelled my flight and nothing else is suitable so I would like a refund. I go to the FAQ's and search for "cancel" and I find the question: "My flight has been cancelled, what do I do?". So far so good. But there are no instructions for getting a refund!

What do I do next? And no, I'm not going to embark on a frustrating telephone chase at 50p per minute or whatever.

Can someone help me, please?

757Operator, this topic keeps coming up so we would like to keep the thread open to help others.

BRS_flyer
21st Oct 2008, 07:28
Their cancelation number is 0871 2442366 which is only a 10ppm number. The 50ppm that you refer to is for bookings. If you are going down that road though I would put a cuppa on first cause it might be a while!! As a side note, don't bother ringing your the involved airports as they will be unable to help.

Another option is to do the following:

Go to easyjet.custhelp.com

Type cancel into the search box and search.

Click on the "Talk to us Tab".

Fill in the form with all the details and a message about what you are you would like. The site will try to palm you off back to FAQ's based on what you typed in but just keep saying that they don't answer your question and the message will be sent to EZY customer services.

I'm not sure they may just write back and say to phone the number, but the last time I did this to get some paperwork from them, they replied within an hour and my paperwork arrived in the post the next day, so certainly worth exploring.

andy mach 1
21st Oct 2008, 07:57
Alternatively ring 01582 700036 which can be found using www.saynoto0870.com (http://www.saynoto0870.com) who try to find the real local number hiding behind the premium numbers:*. Just put in and search, however there are some that have no other number.

Hope this helps

Andrew

mutualswap
21st Oct 2008, 09:04
or try here
Home--> (http://www.samaritans.org/) :ugh:

757operator
21st Oct 2008, 11:22
Thanks BRS et al,

Curiously my cancelled flights are still listed, with no hint that I can't travel on them. Good thing I got their letter.

So I eventually get to the "Talk to us" tab and - brilliant - I an opportunity to fill in a form, one option being "My flight has been cancelled, I would like a refund". Now I'm really getting somewhere.

Or so I thought. The next page asks me to log in as a new registrant, but I'm already logged in as a existing registrant. I try and log in again but it doesn't like it. I decide to register my wife's email instead and it seems happy.

This is pathetic. Has anyone in easyJet actually tried to use their own site? I'll tell you what happens next, if it happens.

Certa Cito
21st Oct 2008, 12:02
Same thing happened to my father. After the many phonecalls he got mucked around via email with repeated promises of refunds within 14 days, which never appeared.
After 6 months of frustration over £135 he contacted the Air Users Council who secured his refund within a matter of weeks.

Seat62K
22nd Oct 2008, 14:45
EasyJet recently cancelled one of my flights. Dealing with the refund was quite straightforward - a simple matter of clicking on the link contained in the email and filling in the online form. Within days I received confirmation by email that my card account has been credited (as I have not since received a statement I can't confirm that this has actually happened).
Perhaps the problems you're experiencing are due to the airline not having an email address for you.
Curiously, I, too, received a letter in the post, despite having already dealt with the matter online. Perhaps a case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing...

True Blue
29th Oct 2008, 19:35
I apoligise in advance if this is not the right place to post this, so move if necessary. I know someone else raised a similar question recently, but I can't find it now.

Ezy have just changed the return leg of a day return Bfs - Ncl. The new time is too early. I am given the option of changing the affected flight, but not the un-affected outward flight that morning. On the same change page, on the right-hand-side was a statement that you can change one other linked flight without charge. I am confused, if the return leg is changed by Ezy, can I change both flights to another day without charge, including increase in fare? Can someone either confirm this and how to do it or give me a number to call or email to contact them?

The other poster also made this point. I tried to use the "chat" facility. But it wants me to create a new account, but I am already registered, and so it will not accept my details. How stupid is that, why can they not set this up that you are either an existing or new customer?

I have a real problem using 0870 numbers if I could find one.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

True Blue

LGS6753
29th Oct 2008, 20:51
True Blue,

Look up Easy Jet on SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers (http://www.saynoto0870.com) and try one of their geographical numbers.:ok::ok:

jettesen
30th Oct 2008, 22:00
true blue - answer to your question is NO

You can only change they affected leg, as easyjet dont sell return tickets they are all single legs, so only affected leg can be changed

True Blue
1st Nov 2008, 01:00
I followed the link on the email which takes you to the page with your bookings and the booking in question now has an "amend" tab. On opening this up, the disrupted flight has a red cross beside it and a statement that it can be changed. The flight not disrupted has a green tick and a statement that it cannot be changed for free. On the same page over to the right, however, was a statement that one linked flight can be changed with the disrupted flight. So I changed the disrupted flight first, but did not confirm the change. this was the return flight. I then went back to the non-disrupted flight, the outward sector and discovered that I was also able to change it. So the total booking , out and back, was changed to the next day, with NO charges. Well done Easy.

My question still remains, f you have already registered on the site and wish to use the "chat" facility, why do they want you to create a new account and there is no recognition that you are an existing customer. Sort this out please.

True blue

Boss Raptor
2nd Nov 2008, 16:26
Been there done that got nowhere with Polish call centre/customer svcs....over the Easyjet take over of my flight on GB Airways/BA fiasco - I finally obtained the email of the CEO Andy Harrison and the Customer Svcs Director - I have both in a file at work...if anyone needs it pls PM me (its a Sunday and i am at home)...and yes i got an immediate and positive response/action/conclusion...

Tudor
13th Nov 2008, 12:43
I've also had a flight cancelled and the refund system was surprisingly easy. I clicked on the link within their email and opted for a refund on both the bookings associated with the cancelled one. A message said they'd be in touch soon which they were, the very next day in fact, telling me a full refund would be credited to my account within 5-10 days. This was on Monday and I've received the full refund into my account today (Thursday).

I can't say I'm overjoyed that I've had to cancel my trip with no justification other than "unforseen circumstances" but at least they've not added insult to injury by messing me about with the refund.

757operator
13th Nov 2008, 13:37
If you get the email you are okay. If you don't, the alternative will make you throw a brick through your computer screen.

emcb134
16th Jul 2010, 21:46
on 29tH June we printed out our boarding passes. We flew to london wih easyjet no probs and onto tampa return with ba no probs. Yesterday we arrived in London to come home to belfast to find out the flight home to belfast had been cancelled. One guy mentioned yesterday, another back in April, claimed we had been sent an email, which we never got (others have mentioned a letter did this happen to everyone with a cancellation?) reason for cancellation was only 17 passengers. Offered an alternative for the follwing day from STansted (we were in gatwick) and they would kindly waiver the transfer fe of £43 per person, we asked for travelling expenses and a hotel - refused. Told us to take it up with customer services. We did they said we were emailed and they would be paying nothing. We were travelling with a one year old and they still refused. Had to book an alternaive flight from heathrow with aer lingus for that afternoon. NOT HAPPY.

How can you print boarding passes for a flight they supposedly cancelled 2 months previous? Why cancel a flight 2 months previous due to low numbers? Was the guy right that it had been cancelled the previous day and they had been bull****ting us? anyone?

Martane
16th Jul 2010, 22:34
Easyjet are absolutely appalling when it comes to schedule changes and cancellations. I work for one of the largest tour operators in the UK and have at least 200 bookings per day departing on Easyjet. If and when they inform us of a schedule change, the information given is often inaccurate, and their website (the web's favourite airline?) gives conflicting information.
We frequently receive emails about changes to bookings that do not belong to us, and at least once a week have to deal with passengers stuck at the airport, as a flight which is scheduled to depart as normal according to their bloody website has been cancelled "months ago".
The poor staff in Poland / Eastern Germany / Wherever their call centre is are very good and apologetic when we call them, but nothing can excuse the fact that the way they handle schedule changes and flight cancellations is nothing short of unforgivable.
Sadly, when we have raised the matter with Easyjet management we've been told that as travel agents we shouldn't be booking with them anyway, and brushed aside. So much for their B2B "friendly" facade.

groundbum
18th Jul 2010, 08:08
look for messages by me, groundbum, for my advice on easyjet cancellations. If you printed out the boarding card without issue June 29th then to my mind that is as good as easyjet saying, on june 29th, you're good to travel. That voids anything they may or may not have said beforehand.

Log a grievance using their online system stating what compensation you feel you are due (I would say additional expenses, refund of unused easyjet flight, mandatory EU comepnsation) and give them a deadline 4 weeks hence. State you will take them to court if they do not cough up.

One week before end date send them a recorded letter saying you look foward to starting small claims court proceedings in a weeks time. In a week logon to moneyclaim online which is the online small claims court (check valid in NI) and start proceedings. They'll settle after some bluster, and just before the court date. Don't forget they can't recover lawyers expenses or anything from you so the most you lose is the £30 or so filing fee and a few hours writing letters etc. But you'll feel better for doing it!

G

FairlieFlyer
20th Jul 2010, 13:33
We too had a recent cancellation. Hope this helps.

The email which notifies you that your flight has been cancelled includes instructions to obtain a refund via the "Manage Bookings" function.

When you go to Manage Bookings there is still no option to get a refund. All you can do is Amend Flight....

So I searched help and eventually filled in their online email form which has a "my flight has been cancelled I want a refund" option.

A day later I received an email response asking me to provide more details. It did not say what details. I had provided the flight number, passenger name and booking ref via the online form.

I replied to the email with the same details again only to receive another response telling me to create a support account.

At this stage I lost it.

I filled in the online form again and kept the email reference id. I then sent an email directly from my hotmail account with the online email reference id and all the flight details again. I said that I wanted a sensible response to my request for a refund within 24hrs else I was planning to complain to the relevant consumer body.

Today, an email telling me my refund had been made.

Not sure that Easyjet are really that concerned about being complained about but this worked for me.

JWP1938
21st Jul 2010, 08:32
Son and daughter-in-law due to fly home Gatwick to Belfast on Monday EZY737. Half hour before leaving to take them to Gatwick we checked online and couldn't find flight listed. Lots of phone calls etc. and informed flight was cancelled. No email or anything. No reason given - "don't know but it's not easyJet's fault." Eventually got rebooked for tonight. Fortunately they off work till next week. Asked for letter for insurance claim. They were told yes but just got email detailing changed booking. Still no reason given but no compensation due as not EJ's fault. :*

Gerontocrat
11th Aug 2010, 10:21
On 21 July my son was due to fly LGW - GVA on EZS 8578. While travelling to LGW, he received a text message from EZ to say the flight had been cancelled.
I advised him to carry on to LGW and find out the score when he arrived.
AT LGW, once he had reached the front of the queue to speak to an EZ person, he was told that the first flight available to GVA was on 23 July. However, he was offered (by EZ) the chance to fly LGW-ZRH early the following morning on EZS 8861, instead of waiting. He pointed out he would then have to take a train from ZRH and was told there would be no problem, all he had to do was keep the train ticket and claim it back from EZ. So he took their offer.
To be fair, EZ then took him and a number of other passengers who had taken up the same offer, to a hotel for the night and gave them an evening meal - no complaints there.
He is now in the process of trying to reclaim the train fare and rapidly getting nowhere.
First, he phoned EZ and was put through to the company that deals with their travel insurance. he has completed their forms and sent them off, but he was warned that since he had actually travelled, the insurance would probably not be able to help.
He has also contacted EZ and has just received an e-mail saying that since EZ is a point-to-point carrier, and he travelled to ZRH instead of GVA, EZ will not refund the train fare.
Given that it was somebody from EZ who told not just him but a number of other pax that all they had to do was claim back the train fare, I feel EZ is liable for this.
As a student, CHF 87.00 for a 2nd class rail fare is not a negligible sum for him.
We have searched the EZ website and FAQs, but can not find anything which meets this sort of situation.
Anybody with any experience of this, or any ideas?

Parapunter
11th Aug 2010, 10:33
I flew LGW- GVA with Ezy in January, no problem. On return, our flight to LGW was cancelled four times due to snow. Since this involved being continually rebooked , put up in hotels, getting up at 4am, checking in, being cancelled, queueing for hours in what can only be described as pandemonium conditions at GVA, whilst other operators were getting out, for rebooking, queuing again for hours for hotel vouchers, being ripped off by taxi drivers & finally, getting blown off by Ezy customer services on our eventual return to the UK, which incidentally was by car, having completely lost faith in Ezy's ability to operate a credible service, my only advice is make sure you have comprehensive & well understood travel insurance.

I eventually got all my expenses back, after Ezy gave us the same point to point stuff. When we asked for the refund of the taxi fare, they told us we should havce used the train to get to the hotel - with a snowboard, two bags and a three year old! I couldn't see myself schlepping about an unfamiliar city at night in the snow with all that lot.

This year? We're going by Eurostar - never again on Easy jet, never, ever again. The airline experience is too miserable now to countenance & to cap it all, door to door, it will be an hour quicker by train and cheaper too by nearly £100.

Gerontocrat
11th Aug 2010, 10:46
Parapunter, what hoops did you have to go through to get your money out of EZ?

Parapunter
12th Aug 2010, 06:56
I called them from the four hour queue at GVA trying to get a flight to anywhere & got short shrift, then on arrival back in the UK, I cancelled my return flight & was refunded the cost of that less charges - that took two weeks to process & was told that my expenses were not covered. Since my insurance coughed up for that, I didn't pursue it with Ezy.

The thing for me, wasn't the money - £300 or so in extra cost, but the sheer stress of being stuck far from home, alone with a toddler in a situation that can only be described as chaos. Had it been just me, I would have found a bar & stayed there until it all calmed down, but with a small child in tow, it was a nightmare. I don't blame Ezy for the weather, but the agents running things at GVA - I used to work at LSG running operations, so I'm aware of how airports work - we were queueing with hundreds of other people to rebook flights and obtain hotac and the desks were manned with two or three people. Fights were breaking out, the police were getting involved, it was a deeply unpleasant end to a lovely trip.

The nadir was arriving back at the airport at 5am for a flight, checking in, going down to departures only to have the flight canxd with no notification - a hundred and fifty or so of us were just left in a departure lounge with no information on the boards, no staff member to tell us the flight was off, so we had to work out for ourselves that the game was up & wander back to baggage reclaim which was 10 deep at the carousels - I was on the verge of just leaving without my bags after three hours of waiting for them to appear. I'll never put myself through that again.

alanda
28th Aug 2010, 11:30
My 14 July flight Gatwick to Geneva was cancelled late in the evening. We had not been offered meal vouchers in spite of hours of delay. Eventually we were told that easyJet would pay for accommodation but no list of hotels was provided, and no transport was provided to get us to one. There were seats available on a later flight but we were not allowed to swap to that flight. We were told to go home and rebook for the next day but for many people "home" was Geneva and there was no Internet access available. One or two people managed to use their mobile phones to ask others to book for them. There was much anger and the police were called. I was told by two officials that I could rebook from Bristol. Subsequently this turned out not to be true. The claim form on easyJet's website is indeed a magical thing which appears and disappears. I wrote to Luton by snailmail. Was eventually given a refund of the ticket cost but have received no compensation for the lie I was told re rebooking via Bristol, which cost me dear. The reason now given for the cancellation is "adverse weather conditions" and so no compensation is payable. But aircraft were flying from Gatwick and - so far as I have so far been able to ascertain - weather conditions were good at Geneva. So is this another lie?