PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen a UFO whilst Flying??

Beckenham_Boy
20th Oct 2008, 17:18
i was wondering has anyone seen a UFO whilst flying? :confused:

cheers,
BB

Beckenham_Boy
20th Oct 2008, 18:21
Awfully sorry sir/madam, but I was in a hurry to type up the question and I might have made a few grammatical errors in my haste to post this thread such as the punctuality error in the title...(PS my English teacher is :mad:)

Flintstone
20th Oct 2008, 19:31
Way to go Rainboe. :rolleyes:

BB. I've seen lights that whose origins were not immediately obvious but I don't for one minute believe they were of extra-terrestrial origin.

greenslopes
20th Oct 2008, 19:37
Every time I go flying......................UFO!.........Me Captain.

PPRuNe Pop
20th Oct 2008, 20:22
This is a spotters thread. Please treat it as such. If you don't like talking to 13 year olds fine, but don't smack them down please. You were a spotter once - weren't you??

PPP

drivez
20th Oct 2008, 21:00
:D well done mod.

Flintstone
20th Oct 2008, 23:26
Oh, don't misunderstand me. I hate textspeak with a passion and strongly believe that if you can't or won't take the trouble to post in legible English* then you deserve a good (virtual) beasting. If that drives people away that's their loss be they pilot, ATC or hedge chimp.

In this instance however Rainboe's response to a relatively harmless post and one from a thirteen year old at that went beyond the pale.

*Random capitalisation included ;) If anyone wishes to discuss this aspect further I'm happy to do so via PM.

Permanent Standby
21st Oct 2008, 01:00
Yes...but I cant say any more....

RAFAT
21st Oct 2008, 02:59
Tony....... in regard to the random capitalization, why? :confused:

PPRuNe Pop
21st Oct 2008, 06:27
Let me lend a hand here.

Anyone can easily install a free spell checker as an add-on. When you have finished typing you can click the top right hand corner ABC icon and its done.

Here is the link: ieSpell - Download (http://www.iespell.com/download.php)

Regarding random capitalisation I don't see the point, but it definitely detracts from reading a post.

As for the subject matter (UFO). It can only remain limited on PPRuNe. We are not a site for it and aviation is not inclusive of it.

AnthonyGA
21st Oct 2008, 20:10
So has anyone seen a UFO while flying?

Toodle
21st Oct 2008, 20:34
Well said Mr Mod, have never worked out the random capitalisation myself but it must mean something to him!! perhaps the spell checker is the way to go "Mr Farnborough" :bored: however as this is the part of the forum for the spotters amongst us there is a more worrying side to this, I would be a bit worried about believing any registrations on certain sites if the administrator of said sites can't be bothered to proof read simple English :ugh:

PA38
22nd Oct 2008, 07:11
I don't know about UFO's but I couldn't even see a "fast mover" I was warned about going left to right at same level :eek:

simmy
22nd Oct 2008, 13:47
To B.B
It's a very big sky up there!

One bright and clear night, somewhere south of Iceland, returning to the UK from Canada in my Vulcan bomber at about 40'000 feet, I saw little green lights over my left shoulder. (My peripheral vision has always been excellent!!)
There should be nothing there. I have seen the Aurora Borealis several times and I'm convinced these small, bright and green lights were not them. What were they? We were too far from any radar station to ask if there was a trace, so end of enquiry! Who knows?
As recently released reports indicate, there is usually an explanation for an observation. My favourite "UFO" is Betelgeuse which can be a very spectacular sight. I have watched it on very many occasions.
Anyhow, happy viewing!

JOSHUA
23rd Oct 2008, 17:32
Yes........

John Farley
26th Oct 2008, 18:13
BB

Allow me to apologise for those people (who should know better) who always seem to consider that that UFO stands for something more specific than a simple Unidentified Flying Object.

I have seen two (1954 and 1963) and both were reported at the time on the R/T. The second from a Vampire and high above me in the Boscombe area was explained by ATC 4 hours after landing. The first from a Lincoln and below us near West Freugh was never resolved. It was daytime on both occasions.

JF

fadedfootpaths
26th Oct 2008, 19:43
I have. It was an old Antonov AN-2 without any valid flight plan:= flying at about 500 feet below me when I was flying in Serbia from Vrsac - Novi Sad:E:E He didnt identify himself on the radio and was just flying due north.