PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair legroom

anotherglassofwine
20th Oct 2008, 16:06
I'm flying Ryanair Dub to Krakow on Thursday, and seen as I am a big lad, I was wondering whether there were any seats on the -800 with a bit of extra legroom? I don't mind paying over the odds for them.
I know it's a short flight, but recently injured my knee and could really use a bit more space.
Haven't flown Ryanair in about 2 years, so can't remember much about them.

Thanks
AGOW

WHBM
20th Oct 2008, 18:08
The standard pitch on Ryanair is 28", the same as on other European charter operators for a couple of generations now.

The exceptions are row 1, at the door, and the two rows amidships alongside the two overwing emergency exits. However you state you have injured your knee, and the exit row seats are for able-bodied passengers only. Therefore your main chance is row 1. However if the flight is less than full the front and rear rows are closed off to maintain the correct balance of the aircraft, as otherwise with free seating you can e an imbalance.

The routes from Ireland to Poland have taken more than a bit of a commercial downturn in recent times, so it's unlikely to be full. Ask checkin how many passengers are booked for the flight, and unless it's nearly the full 189 then the front will be closed off. Best bet then is to board at the back and sit in the rear row, these seats normally fill up last if at all.

Coquelet
20th Oct 2008, 18:22
On the FR 737-800 :
The rows 1 (ABC), 16 and 17 (A to F) are the rows near the emergency exits, with more legroom but for ablebodied pax only; the seats 2DEF (behind the forward galley) have more legroom and are not near an emergency exit.

anotherglassofwine
21st Oct 2008, 09:47
Great - thanks for the info folks.
I don't think I would be classed as able bodied at the moment. Had surgery on my cruciate ligament which tends to get a little stiff now and then, so emergency exit seats are a no go.
Hopefully the flight will not be full and I might be able to stretch out over 3 seats somewhere.

Thanks as always
AGOW