PDA

View Full Version : Arriving at Madrid on Ryanair - A Question

Seat62K
20th Oct 2008, 15:24
Does anyone know whether Ryanair is able to disembark passengers at Madrid using both forward and rear exits or is only one door used? I would like to be off a forthcoming Ryanair flight swiftly in order to get to a lunch appointment and was thinking about where would be the best place to sit! Many thanks.

beachbumflyer
20th Oct 2008, 15:38
Take it easy, don't be in such a hurry. In Spain you have plenty of
time for lunch.

Coquelet
20th Oct 2008, 17:12
I have been twice to Madrid (from Charleroi) by Ryanair and we were twice connected to an air bridge, meaning disembarkation by the front door only.

BHX_SLF
20th Oct 2008, 19:23
One of the few airports I have arrived on a Lo-co carrier and left via an airbridge .... so front of the cabin maybe better for you.

Same experience on Ryanair from East Midlands and BMI Baby from Birmingham.

Seat62K
22nd Oct 2008, 18:14
Thank you for the helpful responses. I suspected that "front door only" would be the case at Madrid - hence the question.

OFSO
23rd Oct 2008, 13:36
Yeah I went a few weeks ago, it was front door only and onto an airstair.

BTW, on your return trip, tell your taxi driver you are leaving on a flight from gate C, or he'll drop you off at what seems to be the main entrance at gate E and you will have to walk miles inside the building.

And if you are on a connecting flight leave enough time - Barajas is BIG and taxying seems to take forever.

RaF

dmussen
23rd Oct 2008, 15:06
Easy,
Don't fly Rayn. They are crap.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The Real Slim Shady
23rd Oct 2008, 22:53
And of course being in Freemantle you would be an expert dmussen!

Abusing_the_sky
23rd Oct 2008, 23:09
Don't fly Rayn. They are crap.

Sure Rayn is crap, but then again so are those pax who can't even spell the airlines' name...

Could the above statement be said because:
1: you have been refused boarding because you couldn't be arsed to be at the gate on time and thought the big f*** off a/c is your private jet and would wait for you?
2: you drank yourself silly in the terminal and the gate staff/CC refused you boarding?
3: you traveled so many times from Australia to various destinations with FR and you know everything about it?
4: you are one of those pax who pay beer money to get safely, in a shiny new airplane, from A to B, and you have champagne tastes??
5: all of the above and could go on and on and on..

Get your facts right dears, Rayn might be cr@p, nonetheless, they'll still take your sorry behind safely, from A to B...

Rgds,
ATS

Seat62K
24th Oct 2008, 06:23
For the record, I fly Ryanair dozens of times each year and my only significant complaint to date has been the time it took them to process a refund due to me. Those who say that Ryanair is "crap" seem to be travelling on a different airline, in my opinion!
Thanks for the advice about the taxi. I'll be using the metro. Although the station for T1-2-3 is a long walk from the customs exit - T4 being much better in this regard - the journey time by metro to Nuevos Ministerios is considerably shorter than from T4, so at the end of the day there's not much in it. I think it takes around 12 minutes, if I remember correctly, and is a bargain at 2 euros.