PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Security Breach! Urgent!

doubleu-anker
19th Oct 2008, 03:05
I have just came across a serious security breach last time I flew.

In the cockpit and staring me in the face was an AXE!!. How did that get through security?! This was after having a small stubby screw driver removed at the terminal!

I think this breach in security is disastrous as it putting lives at risk. All axes should be banned!

Roger Sofarover
19th Oct 2008, 03:23
This was after having a small stubby screw driver removed at the terminal!
Sounds like they did not remove the several small stubbies after the flight;):ok:

doubleu-anker
19th Oct 2008, 05:44
No, no stubbies or tinnies involved. I was high on adrenaline by this time as can imagine.

Went straight back to security I did. No dink um. Had the said axe in my bag. The last thing I remember before I woke up, spreadeagled on the floor, arms hand cuffed behind back and surrounded by gun toting guards was "I have an axe in my bag."

Oh yes I was in serious trouble but lived to tell the tale.

non iron
19th Oct 2008, 06:00
A Swedish skip of my acquaintance had his " leatherman " removed at "security" in Bromma.
Told, on asking, that he couldn`t pick it up on his return, despite several years of passage and known to all.
He actually did return with the fire axe.

He is still working through there. :)

Wod
19th Oct 2008, 06:23
Wiser heads than mine will no doubt be able to provide a proper, legal response, but is it possible that the Axe is not a problem in itself (just hanging there, as it were) : the problem lies in posessing an Axe.

Of course, if to wield the Axe for any purpose is to posess it and thereby breach the law, there may be no point in having the thing there in the first place.

Could keep the lawyers in Mercs for years.:hmm:

McDoo
19th Oct 2008, 06:34
An axe in your aircraft eh? Last time I went through security I had a 150ml bottle of water taken off me. (dangerous stuff H2O). Imagine my horror on reaching the aircraft when I discovered that some idiotic buffoon had managed to sneak 19 tonnes of kerosene on board!:eek:

Roger Sofarover
19th Oct 2008, 06:59
Doubleu

No, no stubbies or tinnies involved. I was high on adrenaline by this time as can imagine.

Adrenaline! My god man you are a junky to a naturally produced drug! Unforgivable, what can we do! It explains the axe. do not fly in to Dubai, that adrenaline stuff could get you 4 years in jail:}

McDoo

If you were a real pilot you would know that your kerosine was nowhere near as dangerous as that 150 ml of water:}

Where will it all end folks :ugh::ugh: God help us if someone tries a TNT skin cream or TNT soaked underpants!

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Oct 2008, 09:12
TNT? Pah! Amateurs! :hmm:

A good, well digested Goan goat and onion curry and a small ignition source are all that's required.

Roger Sofarover
19th Oct 2008, 09:24
A good, well digested Goan goat and onion curry and a small ignition source are all that's required.

I concur! twas tried last night:ooh::ooh:

blue up
19th Oct 2008, 09:26
Screwdrivers seem to be the biggest threat. People have been smuggling them through security for years. Have you seen the damage an engineer can do with one of those things??? :E

About time that 'the company' added a $5 Leatherman knock-off to the flightdeck toolkit.

Pontius Navigator
19th Oct 2008, 12:21
I have a friend who can slit your throat with a credit card.

You can inflict a nasty cut with a piece of paper.

Have someone's eye out with a Daily Telegraph.

Piss everyone off with a telephone.

And so on.

SNS3Guppy
19th Oct 2008, 13:06
An acquaintance of mine managed not long ago to hack his way through a 3" thick windscreen panel with one such crash axe...and I believe he did it with a broken back.

It's shame that tools are taken away while boarding the airplane, but we'll all be in a world of hurt the day they take the crash axe away.

Storminnorm
19th Oct 2008, 13:40
I'm all in favour of tools being taken away from Aircrew.
Allow it to happen too often and the Eng's will all get the
sack and you'll have to fix the bl**dy things yourself.

Use your brain, if you've still got one FFS!!!!:mad:

Double Zero
8th Dec 2008, 20:05
C.T.P Heinz Frick was once asked for a slide to illustrate the 'usefulness' of the alloy escape crowbar carried in anything from Hunters to Harriers, by the Harrier chief designer the late John Fozard.

I, as one of 2 Dunsfold photographers, got the job of Heinz doing a demo' in G-VTOL; he turned away for a moment, and when he turned back I don't think the result was quite what I or Fozard expected !

If of any interest please e-mail me at [email protected] - as I'm too thick to post it here.

BigJoeRice
11th Dec 2008, 19:03
From the 2007 cabin emergency equipment LOPA of an Asian airline...

Right Hand Galley Stowage, AFT Galley

1)310 L O2 Bottle mounted horizontally as close to the bottom of the compartment as possible, inboard wall
2)310 L O2 Bottle mounted horizontally as close to the first bottle as possible
3)120 L O2 Bottle mount horizontally as close to the previous bottle as possible
4)Crash Axe mounted horizontally on the outboard wall with the axe portion pointing aft

Loose rivets
11th Dec 2008, 19:21
I have just came across a serious security breach last time I flew.

You've only just noticed?

In the cockpit and staring me in the face was an AXE!!.

Which way round do you sit FFS?

How did that get through security?!

It wore a woolly hat and dark glasses.

Poor fellow. I empathize. Things are always more difficult to cope with after surgical procedures.

I think this breach in security is disastrous as it putting lives at risk. All axes should be banned!

It would probably be easier to axe all banns.:hmm:

birrddog
11th Dec 2008, 19:42
I have a friend who can slit your throat with a credit card.

You can inflict a nasty cut with a piece of paper.

Have someone's eye out with a Daily Telegraph.

Piss everyone off with a telephone.

And so on.

Don't forget the wireless internet access now being installed...

I shudder to imagine the horrors.... PPrune in the air... could you possibly imagine?

:ugh:

DX Wombat
11th Dec 2008, 20:32
This was after having a small stubby screw driver removed at the terminal!With or without an anaesthetic?

Blacksheep
12th Dec 2008, 07:55
I recall that an Ethiopian Flight Engineer clobbered a hi-jacker with a fire axe. They then took the unconscious would be hi-jacker back into first class, strapped him into a seat and cut his throat, although I don't know if they used a credit card or a piece of paper... :uhoh:

Mr Grimsdale
12th Dec 2008, 09:25
Quote:
With or without an anaesthetic?

It sounds a bit like one of those stories... "Doctor, I don't know how it got up there. I was in the shower and slipped."

MagnusP
12th Dec 2008, 10:33
Where I work, I've seen joiners being asked to leave their toolbags (utility knives, chisels, screwdrivers &c) on the table while they pass through the security portal (sans keys, mobile phone &c) to make sure they're not carrying anything dangerous into the building. :ugh:

Roger Sofarover
12th Dec 2008, 16:06
I apologise now, I have said it before and no doubt will say it again when it comes to these security forums but i can still never get over doing an unplanned landaway when in the military, whilst carrying an SA80 semi automatic Rifle. When going back to the aircraft I had to put my 'semi automatic' killing machine through the x-ray machine....WTF!!! they then complained and questioned about the survival knife I was carrying in my flying suit pocket. Strange but True!!!

frostbite
12th Dec 2008, 16:58
They don't seem to be doing anything about those paramilitary types that hang around airports with sub-machine guns though.