PDA

View Full Version : Jet Airways cancels B-737 hiring!

Boomerang1
16th Oct 2008, 16:32
Dear Captain,

We regret to inform you that due to downsizing policy in Jet Airways, we will not be in a position to retain you as a captain on B737 fleet.

Hence your contract is cancelled.

We will get in touch with you once the situation is better.

Inconvinience caused is deeply regreted.

Thanks & Regards,

Expat Cell
Flt Operation

Rotorhead1026
16th Oct 2008, 17:02
Sorry to hear this ... but not unexpected. :( You had an earlier post that indicated you had gone through a sim. check. Have you even been over here (India) yet, or were you just "in the pipeline"?

Boomerang1
16th Oct 2008, 20:18
I had the Sim check and the employment contract with a start date of December 1st. A buddy of mine was set to depart for India on October 20 and got the same email cancelling his contract.

fahlguy
16th Oct 2008, 20:40
Boom,
Sorry to hear about the letter, has anyone heard of them canceling ATR classes. I just got the interview pass from the contract company. I Was in BRU 2 wks ago for sim and was offered the job verbally. Hope all goes well in your continued journey.

Boomerang1
16th Oct 2008, 21:36
I think the real reason for the financial problems is lack of passengers and load factors. Jet Airways is cancelling the SFO-Shaghai route because the average load factor was only 40%. They can't make money with this load factor even if the price of fuel is $50 a bbl.

738FO
17th Oct 2008, 00:44
Boomerang1 ,

Sorry to hear this as well.Hope it wont be long for you to get back and share the sky with us.

Fly Safe and Godspeed

rspilot
17th Oct 2008, 05:45
I just wonder if the load factors will start to come back up when the airlines lower tix prices due to the drop in the price of oil.

B737NG
17th Oct 2008, 07:21
I hope you are not out of a job Boomerang. It is always a risk to jump the Ship because of the greener Grass on the other side. If your current company folded and shut the doors then it is double bitter. I was earlier this month in Hawaii and seen a few Aloha drivers seeking seats as well. The peak is still to come, I heared that XL in UK shut down as well.

Best of luck

NG

Boomerang1
17th Oct 2008, 15:06
Thanks for the kind words and thoughts. It is difficult to handle being thrown out with the trash after a 30 year career in aviation. I have a ferry flight gig delivering an aircraft to Dubai next week so hopefully I can keep my hand in the game.

KRUGERFLAP
18th Oct 2008, 08:29
Hey Bro apply for FlyDubai,OMAN AIR or Qatar(u can even get a job as a B777 Commander there) Nowadays the Desert is the best and appears to be the only option.I guess Aviation in China will be the next to sink :ugh: