PDA

View Full Version : Air Philippines 737 pilot retrenchment

thrust clb
15th Oct 2008, 21:41
Air Phil has just announced it is retrenching all of its 737-200/300 Pilots. Due to massive Losses on the Jet operations, they will just continue operating the Dash-8's.

win_faa
16th Oct 2008, 04:39
Is this a rumour or is this a fact? Its not even in the news paper yet

powerstall
16th Oct 2008, 08:47
Are they transferring the pilots to the dash 8's? very very sad news. :(

738FO
16th Oct 2008, 14:13
any News on Whats going to happen to all the 737 crew?? Are they going to be transfered??

This is very sad. xmas is just a few corners away.

ironbutt57
17th Oct 2008, 03:26
Sad to hear!! I ride them home to Bicol every time i go home.good group of people the crews are..hope they continue the service..but I must admit, I'll feel a lot more comfortable in the Dash than in the Boeing going in and out of Naga-Pili:ok:

yowdude
17th Oct 2008, 04:08
lipat na! cebupac still hiring for the atr and airbus.

plane whisperer
18th Oct 2008, 04:59
It is indeed true that we are to be retrenched as confirmed in a meeting with our chief pilot yesterday.Only a handful will be retained to man the 737s until they are sold and a few lucky ones will be transferred to the turboprop fleet.

The rest of us,including the newly trained A320 crew have to go soon.

Anyone have any recommendations for a fresh out of initial 320 training pilot?

jamestaylor
18th Oct 2008, 07:17
Sad but life why not Cebu/Pal/ or try Air Arabia???

9ball
18th Oct 2008, 07:48
Will PALEX be acquiring more Dash 8s?

Will LT be letting go of AirPhil altogether?

Or will AirPhil be reincarnated using modern a modern fleet?

Cessna1052
18th Oct 2008, 11:03
There's a lot out there...Qatar, Gulf Air, Etihad, Emirates, Air Arabia, Fly Dubai, Indigo, Kingfisher, Air deccan, Jet airways ( though not so sure about stability of Indian carriers nowadays) , Vietnam, Asiana, ANA, Air Asia, EVA Air, lots in China, etc. etc. Then if you really want to stick in your Lupang sinilangan, then you have PAL and Cebu pac.

Goodluck to all affected by this Financial market hiccup. I hope you'll get to the greener side of the fence before losing your currency.

plane whisperer
19th Oct 2008, 04:12
Good afternoon sirs. Yup I have already passed my application to all possible airlines with openings.
As for PAL,we were told that there are no more slots available for us on the 320 which is dissapointing coz we are supposed to be sister companies.

Anyway AirPhil is or will be PAL Ex operating an all turboprop fleet until the jets are sold.Did anyone notice the Airphil ticketing office at the domestic airport? Its Pal Ex already.

I hope that there is still a chance,however slight, that these plans will not push through.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Godspeed

powerstall
19th Oct 2008, 07:56
just wanted to know, is the Dash 8 pool, different from the 737's? aren't you guys gonna be transferred to the dash 8 fleet?

ubing
22nd Oct 2008, 13:36
This is to be expected from a heartless employer. I am sure they will call you when they need you.

thrust clb
23rd Oct 2008, 00:26
Bupak needs all the experienced pilots it can get. You are all VERY WELCOME at Bupak!:D

Butingting
18th Nov 2008, 13:28
thrust clb, where's d bupak thread gone? sorry been a while absent...happy flying!

jester_icarus
18th Nov 2008, 15:24
...seems all are hunky dory at bupak. hence the inactivity of the Cebupak Exodus thread.

buskoto
18th Nov 2008, 15:58
...seems all are hunky dory at bupak. hence the inactivity of the Cebupak Exodus thread.

Not as hunky-dory maybe... check Thrust Clb's post elsewhere. PHP1.87B in losses due to the fuel and financial crisis. Anyway, management seems unfazed, and in fact LG warned everyone to expect this months ago. The new planes are still coming in and new routes are still on the plate, so let's see. The loss will hopefully be a one-off thing. What airline isn't hurting nowadays anyway?

thrust clb
19th Nov 2008, 09:16
Rest in Peace na the Cebupak exodus thread. No one has been leaving the past 6 months or so anyway...:}