PDA

View Full Version : Best Airline for a non-jet pilot

squakn1200
15th Oct 2008, 17:29
I was wondering If anyone could shed some light on the best airline to apply to. I have no jet time, 2500TT 300ME

Bredrin
15th Oct 2008, 17:35
If you have a DHC8 rating, Abu Dhabi Aviation

masalama
16th Oct 2008, 02:18
try Falcon Express Cargo Airlines(FECA) in Dubai...
min requirements are 300 ME and a Beech-1900 type rating...
all the best...

doubleu-anker
16th Oct 2008, 03:58
I really don't know why all the excitement over jet time.

A jet is a power planet I.E., Jet engine. What you are piloting is an a/c powered by a jet engine, so the basics are the same. Nothing really more complicated than that. A jet powered a/c to me is a damned sight easier and safer to operate than a turboprop, powered a/c, in many ways. A turboprop, powered a/c, is a big step up from a piston powered a/c.

Having the above in mind, a jet powered a/c is a bit more costly a/c with different power plants.

squakn1200
16th Oct 2008, 18:08
Are you guys saying that none of the airlines in ME hire without Jet time/ Type rating??

I thought it would be an easier market due to the low supply of pilots. I know that LAN hires 737 F/O with no type or jet time. Although, the operations in South America make me a little nervous mainly due to maintenance and safety.

tbaylx
17th Oct 2008, 03:40
That's correct none of the ME airlines hire anyone other than local cadets without jet time. Most want a minimum of 4000 hrs total time and 2000 jet on something heavier than 55 tons.

A jet is somewhat different to fly than a turbo prop and takes a bit of getting used to. It's certainly a bigger step to a jet from a turbo prop than a piston to a turbo prop. That being said it isn't rocket science and thousands of pilots have made that transition, the market allows airlines here to demand previous experience on jets so they will continue to do so until they can't find people.

With all the airlines going under worldwide at the moment there is no shortage of pilots that meet the minimum requirements.

cadet_hani
25th Oct 2008, 18:18
Can anyone tell me that from where can i get DHC8 rating on my ICAO license?
Any information will be appreciated.

greendotspeed
26th Oct 2008, 08:54
Flight Satety International

Panama Jack
26th Oct 2008, 19:52
That's correct none of the ME airlines higher anyone other than local cadets without jet time.

That is not entirely true! Gulf Air does and has hired non-GCC national pilots without jet experience. The requirements are as follows:

GULF1427 - Direct Entry Non Rated (Non Jet) First Officers

To be considered for this position you must:

Have frozen ATPL (JAA equivalent);
Be fluent in verbal and written English;
Have a current medical;
Have a total of 2000 flying hours;
Have 1000 flying hours on Multi-crew aircraft minimum weight of 20,000kgs; and
Be less than 46 years of age on the day of application.

Mr Lover
26th Oct 2008, 23:19
Try Fly Dubai

They do and they a hard time to find people due tu the housing allowance..

First Officers:

A minimum of 2,500 hours total flying time
A minimum of 500 hours in command of a multi-crew, multi-engine aircraft (jet or turboprop) in excess of 10 tonnes
ICAO ATPL
1st Class Medical
English language fluency ICAO level 4 or above
Type rating would be advantageousGood luck

Mr. Lover

Panama Jack
27th Oct 2008, 04:27
The salary doesn't sound great either, considering the high cost of living in Dubai.

Mr Lover
28th Oct 2008, 11:23
I did not say that salary was great... you ask for an airline hiring with no jet time... what do u expect...

On the other hand camping can be fun...for a while...

ciao