PDA

View Full Version : George Walker's public speeches.

G-CPTN
14th Oct 2008, 15:24
I'm not a Septic, but I listen to George Dubya delivering speeches and cringe.
His monotone and appalling phrasing suggest that he is reading texts that he has never seen before, and, what is more, he doesn't understand, nor does he demonstrate any sign of understanding, as if he was reading a foreign language to which he was alien and completely unfamiliar and unaware.
This comes over (to me, at least) that he hasn't got the faintest idea what he is talking about, so, even if the text (delivered properly) might make sense (both grammatically and constitutionally) the over-riding impression is that he is talking utter bollox.
Is this because I 'don't speak the lingo'? - or is it true for those whose mother-tongue is American?

frostbite
14th Oct 2008, 15:32
"he hasn't got the faintest idea what he is talking about"

I think that nails most of it.

Capt.KAOS
14th Oct 2008, 16:27
George Who?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y71/steven_mj/orly.gif

con-pilot
14th Oct 2008, 16:47
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! :D

Another Bush bashing thread! Wow!

How,,,,,,,,

pointless, repetitive, predictable and

Boring. :rolleyes:

YAWN!

Got a lot of time on your hands do you?

(Easily entertained as well.)

chuks
14th Oct 2008, 17:07
The man has an undergraduate degree from Yale University and an MBA from Harvard University, two of the top schools in the world. I agree that he sounds like a dodo, especially that "nook-you-ler" for "nuclear" thing that some Southerners do, but he has the degrees to show that he must have something on the ball. He might keep it well hidden, yes.

On the other hand he did get Australia and Austria mixed up in his mind.

Hang on, we only have him for another few months. Then you all can find something new to moan about.

I have a Democrat brother-in-law. For years no he has been sending me every bit of anti-Bush stuff that is out there on the internet so that I told him he's going to feel a great sense of loss come November. I went to a dinner once where I found myself sat between him and a Republican, when I finally had to move to get out of the line of fire! Of course if McCain wins he and you can just shift aim without having to change ammunition.

Sallyann1234
14th Oct 2008, 17:24
Well at least GWB is honest - one word from him and you know he contains exactly what it says on the tin.

Unlike our GB who likes to pretend that he's a genius but :mad:s up everything he touches.

BenThere
14th Oct 2008, 17:27
GWB was elected twice to the presidency, no small achievement no matter who your daddy is.

brickhistory
14th Oct 2008, 17:31
no small achievement no matter who your daddy is.

Yep, that's gotta suck for 'Old Europe' and the like when GWB has been playin' "Who's your daddy for the last 7+ years."

Should've tried harder in school...

shedhead
14th Oct 2008, 17:37
I don't think this is an attack on Bush per se merely on his method of delivering speeches. My first physics teacher was an absolute genius but he also had a very monotonous black country accent which meant that his lessons invariably sent me to sleep.some people have very good oratory skills (Reagan,Obama) some (and George is one )do not.

West Coast
14th Oct 2008, 18:02
Speaking of poor speakers, ever heard Paul Krugman speak? Seen him on Bill Maher's show along with other venues (pre-Nobel) and he stumbles over his words and his diction is poor. Better stick to print.

chuks
14th Oct 2008, 18:54
We had an instructor who was a really nice bloke I think but his classroom delivery had an uncanny ability to put my lights out!

Part of it was that I already knew the subject fairly well but even so, I would find myself sat there, eyes open but chin halfway to hitting my chest for no obvious reason. He probably missed his calling talking hostage-takers out of it or at least putting them to sleep. Well, so long as they weren't holding a grenade with the pin pulled.

GWB might be onto something; I always pay attention to his speeches because his style is so irritating! Too, I am always waiting for him to make another howler.

There have been persistent rumours that his brother Jeb was the one who could really woo the voters but that there was some scandal in his background that would sink him if he ever ran for President. When you compare the two speaking it's fairly clear that Jeb is the winner over W.

Wod
15th Oct 2008, 00:41
Time was when ideas won the day.

Then came oratory and demagoguery.

Now the key requirement is to look good on television.

All a bit sad really.:sad:

Cap'n Arrr
15th Oct 2008, 02:17
Oh well, since it's about public speaking and someone mentioned Palin...

http://www.theimproper.com/Images/Art/palin%20flow%20chart.jpg