PDA

View Full Version : RAF Regiment

Rob Cornford
14th Oct 2008, 12:45
I know this site is about aircraft/pilots but does anyone have any information about when the RAF Regiment selection is - Many Thanks

pigsinspace
14th Oct 2008, 12:52
On going at all times I would think..failing that call your local recruiting office and get the correct answer.

NutLoose
14th Oct 2008, 13:58
See RAF Regiment - RAF Careers (http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/rafregiment.cfm)

And good luck :ok:

Mr C Hinecap
14th Oct 2008, 14:14
Whats up Rob - not fancy Pilot any more?

Do you mean RAF Regiment as an Officer or enlisted? Either are recruited the same way as any other Branch/Trade - via your friendly AFCO. You would do your IOT / Basic Training (Phase 1 training) then go to the Regt training (Phase 2). They are programmed throughout the year.

seanbean
14th Oct 2008, 16:17
Lots of hints and helpful advice here:

British Army Rumour Service > > Forums > > The Badger's ARRSE > > The NAAFI Bar > > RAF Regiment... give me strength... (http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=46617.html)

(Well, if you can't take a joke....)

minigundiplomat
14th Oct 2008, 17:25
If you walk into the careers office with knuckles dragging on the ground, your half way there mate.
If you can devise an exam so badly worded and incoherent it makes no sense to those sitting it once a year, you are there.

Al R
14th Oct 2008, 18:59
Sean,

Christ.. over 100 posts in a thread. I never realised the army knew that many words.

Army Mover
14th Oct 2008, 21:26
Christ.. over 100 posts in a thread. I never realised the army knew that many words.

Erm - pages actually, never realised you blue jobs would struggle to know the difference .......... :E

charliegolf
14th Oct 2008, 21:27
I never realised the army knew that many words

Al, I think they shared the same few!

CG

Rob Cornford
2nd Jul 2009, 17:51
Haha I'm no rockape I'm applying for pilot, the information was for a friend, but he's decided to join the Army.

Thanks for the information.

Rob

Tankertrashnav
2nd Jul 2009, 21:40
If you walk into the careers office with knuckles dragging on the ground, your half way there mate.

Blimey, I've just realised that I left the rockapes to train as a nav 2 years before mngd was born, and that joke had whiskers on it then! Can't you Rock knockers think of something original? Mind you 'Pongo' , 'original thought' - they don't really belong in the same sentence do they, so I wont hold my breath. ;)

Willard Whyte
2nd Jul 2009, 21:43
Haha I'm no rockape I'm applying for pilot, the information was for a friend, but he's decided to join the Army.

So, you don't want to be a Harrier pilot then?...

NURSE
2nd Jul 2009, 23:02
rockapes have their own forum now

Grimweasel
3rd Jul 2009, 21:15
If you have a Facebook account/profile then navigate to the RAF Regt site on there. Members of the Regt regularly check in and offer advise. Good site. They were leading the way in recruitment and when I was at Honners many of the Army 'stars' came and saw the Training Wing to help them understand why the campaign of facebook etc was / is so successful!
Good luck!

oxenos
3rd Jul 2009, 22:29
Always understood that selection for the RAF Regiment involved peeling a banana with your feet. To be a Rock officer you had to do it without taking off your boots.

Solid Rust Twotter
4th Jul 2009, 06:32
You also need to walk as if you have a watermelon under each arm to avoid stepping on your fingers. Bit awkward trying to salute when you're standing on your hairy knuckles.....

PPRuNe Pop
4th Jul 2009, 08:33
You won't be needing this one then!