PDA

View Full Version : Military Bridging for FJ mate?

Farm-for-sale
13th Oct 2008, 21:38
Folks,

Have scoured pages and may have missed good threads on this. Have enough FJ time for Mil Bridge Package and wish to complete a CPL(IR) / ATPL course in the coming year. I have just got the GS from Bristol but wanted your sage thoughts on the good reputations / deals / hidden traps for the rest of the package. Happy to weather some of the standard 'get out and leave the RAF to us real men banter' too, but actually MAY even be staying in (wait out on credit status). Direction to threads or just direction all welcome. Advise on legitimacy of US-based flying in light of possible JAA/EASA changes gratefully received.

Cheers

FFS

tradewind
13th Oct 2008, 22:53
is this what you were after?

http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/282569-atpl-information.html

Farm-for-sale
14th Oct 2008, 06:00
TW,

Tip top thanks. The thread seems to die in August though with a good question hanging:

Q. What does the proposed changes on 1 Apr 09 mean to those going for the Bridge Package? What do we need to have completed by that date?

Also, any info on ME/IR trg in USA out there?

Appreciate the swift turn-around, reminds me of Leuchars in the FJTF days!

Cheers

FFS

Farfrompuken
14th Oct 2008, 06:20
AFAIK there won't be any major change that will scupper your studies in April. The fact that you've enrolled on the course should give you a 'foot-in-the-door' if there is a change, allowing a sensible length of time to finish your course.

Don't know about trg in States-a few friends have done the IR at Exeter & Leeds.

Good luck

The English Passenger
14th Oct 2008, 08:54
Having had a long conversation by e-mail and phone with Martin Marsh in the CAA licensing department over the last few weeks/months, he is not expecting there to be any changes in Apr 09 as nobody can agree what they should change. He stated to me that the CAA actually has until Apr 2011 to comply with the new legislation from europe, and that the CAA was not looking to change the rules for mil exemptions in any hurry...so quit worrying about Apr 09 everyone. :)

Also, the CAA are trying to persuade the RAF/Army/Navy to actually reduce the hours requirements down from 2000 total etc for ME guys, as those limits were imposed by the military as a retention measure, and the CAA are receiving a larger number of enquiries from QSPs who despite reaching their exit points are not making the minimum hours requirements for the exemptions. The CAA are happy to reduce the requirements in line with other European nations, but the stumbling block is getting the RAF/Navy/Army to talk to each other and agree apparently. :hmm:

By the way, for info I have no agenda here other than to spread the good news....I have just accepted a PA offer and am staying in the RAF (for the moment!):cool:

BEagle
19th Nov 2008, 05:40
I attended an EASA seminar at Gatwick on Monday and asked about military accreditation.

Leaving aside the fact that the EASA rule maker didn't know that the UK doesn't have 'military licences', national competence for military activity will remain with member states. EASA acknowledge that it will be the CAA who formulates military accreditation and EASA will respond to the CAA's expertise.

CAA PLD also indicated that they had no plans to change any current agreement in the short term.

Backwards PLT
19th Nov 2008, 14:56
Yay! Thanks for the info BEagle.

Now all we need is for airline recruiting to pick up again in the next few years.......

brit bus driver
19th Nov 2008, 21:19
Don't hold your breath......

Farm-for-sale
20th Nov 2008, 05:16
BEagle,

Many thanks for the heads up, one of the many vindicating reasons for this website being so darned useful for the clueless amongst us (i.e. me). More ab-initio type Qs to follow I am sure!

Cheers

F-F-S