PDA

View Full Version : Felix Airlines, Yemen

TonyWilliams
13th Oct 2008, 19:12
Anybody have any news or rumors to this airline?

They are scheduled to begin service on Oct 26, 2008 in Yemen. Currently, there are two CRJ-200s in Chicago, to be delivered to Yemen. They plan to get CRJ-700s.

They have three captains in training in Spain. They are going to feed Yemenia Airlines as a regional airline.

felixairways.com

TonyWilliams
13th Oct 2008, 19:33
TORONTO, March 12, 2008 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc said on Wednesday that Yemen's Felix Airways has ordered eight airliners from the Canadian company in a contract worth about $276 million.
The deal also has the option for three additional CRJ700 NextGen airliners, which would raise the value of the deal to about $385 million.
Felix Airways is owned by Yemeni airline Yemenia and other investors.

BritishGuy
15th Oct 2008, 03:34
Can anyone chime into when these guys will be actually taking delivery of the CRJ-700 Next Gens?

tykes340
15th Oct 2008, 14:31
They are due to commence operations in January 2009.

bob.sakamano
15th Oct 2008, 19:43
From what I understand, the -200's are going from Chicago to Toronto to get painted and have the interiors re-fitted. Then they will go to Yemen.

TonyWilliams
15th Oct 2008, 21:51
Yes, that's correct. I'm scheduled to be on the first CRJ-200 on the leg from Toronto to Yemen as a deadheading pilot, sometime in the middle of November.

TonyWilliams
15th Oct 2008, 21:53
They are due to commence operations in January 2009.

You couldn't tell that from the website! Looks like they're selling tickets now.

pilotara
16th Oct 2008, 18:08
so you are going to be a first officer on that flight ? who did you find the job through ? Avionco or Brookfield ?

TonyWilliams
16th Oct 2008, 19:45
Got the job through Brookfield. No, I won't fly... I'll be a passenger with several other pilots deadheading to Yemen.

pilotara
16th Oct 2008, 20:30
thats weird. As far as I know on a ferry flight shouldn't be any deadheads or passengers. Oh well, its been some time since i ve done a ferry flight.
Enjoy your stay at Yemen. As far as I know also the 700 will be flown by CSP's and Avionco guys for the first 3-6 months so it will be interesting to see how the whole deal is going to work

TonyWilliams
16th Oct 2008, 22:34
What is a CSP ?

I would assume that the crews would fly either, or any, CRJ model. Why would they be stuck in one?

As to the deadheading, heck, I have no real idea. I'll be in the plane. I may be a relief pilot for duty time. Don't know.

UApilot
17th Oct 2008, 15:38
Tony, does this mean you will be working for felix ? if so for how long...is it just enough until they train their own pilots...
And how much will thye PAY?????
Thanks

TonyWilliams
17th Oct 2008, 19:52
Yes, working for Felix in Yemen as a contract pilot. Pay is $7000 month for 90 hours, pro rated above 90 for an FO. I don't know what they pay the captains. That is a contract with Brookfield. The other contract agency, Avionco is paying $5500 month for an FO, plus $1500 per diem. To my knowledge, all payments are in US dollars. 12 month contract with Brookfield; Avionco is a 12 month contract for captains, 6 month for FO's.

The current arrangement, from what I can piece together, is that Avionco (Calgary) sent over the very first CRJ (edit: it's a -700) within the past couple days from North America to Yemen, with service to begin "soon". Presumably by the first of Nov 2008.

Folks who are hired by Avionco will get paid by them. Unfortunately, you can go back through this site and find unfavorable stories about that.

I got hired by Brookfield (London), which seems to have an OK reputation about paying and generally nice to deal with. Lucy has been so far.

Brookfield has 3 captains in Spain (all from USA, I'm told) training Yemen nationals to be FO's. There are also 3 FO's (also, all from USA) who will be going to Yemen on a -200 in the middle-ish of November.

There's an order for 8 of the CRJ-700NG's, so you gotta figure that they'll continue hiring once those get closer to delivery.

I saw pictures of the living arrangements from Brookfield, and it looks nice.

UApilot
18th Oct 2008, 00:13
Thanks for the info....just one more thing what kind of experience do you have. I am currently a CA on the 200 for a large regional and have been thinking about going overseas for a while..
again, thanks for the info

Bandagg
18th Oct 2008, 00:18
Avionco will rob you! I know this from personal experience. Would also suggest going direct if you can and cut you own deal. Security is a big issue in Yemen, be careful.

thecrjmechanic
18th Oct 2008, 23:40
I can tell you the two CRJ 200's ( they are old Fly I birds 636BR S/N7307 and 637BR S/N7308 ) wont be up for at least 3-5 weeks. As of right now there hoping we get 636 out on Sept. 27.I am working on them at Emery air it just outside of Chicago in Rockford IL. As of now we have no gear (out for overhaul) and there is still a ton of corrosion that needs to be remove. GA Telesis thought it was a great idea to store 4 of the Fly I birds in Tampa bay.

bob.sakamano
19th Oct 2008, 02:53
My current airline has several of the old Independence -200's. There's two weird things about FlyI birds:

1. They don't have cargo air (no live animals)
2. They don't have high pressure air ports for air starts

So you're saying there is no way that the first plane will leave Rockford for the paint shop in Toronto on the 27th of October?

For Tony and anyone else interested: Here (http://www.gatelesis.com/downloads/GAT%20Specs%20N636BR%20msn%207307%20June%202008.pdf) is the information on N636BR. Here (http://www.gatelesis.com/downloads/GAT%20Specs%20N637BR%20msn%207308%20June%202008.pdf) is the information on N637BR.

Strangely equipped planes: 1 FMS...but ACARS equipped.

TonyWilliams
19th Oct 2008, 05:45
636BR S/N7307 and 637BR S/N7308 ) wont be up for at least 3-5 weeks. As of right now there hoping we get 636 out on Sept. 27.I am working on them at Emery air it just outside of Chicago in Rockford IL

I genuinely appreciate that info. I'm sure you meant Oct 27 and not Sept 27. I guess I'll be on 636BR after it goes from your shop at RFD to the paint shop in YYZ.

They're guessing Nov 8/9 to leave YYZ for Yemen. I'm guessing all that will be kinda hard without landing gear !!!

Ok, I did find the sales brochure for this serial number. Looks like they planned to turn it into a Challenger 850.

16,229 Hours Since New (*)
14,028 Landings Since New (*)
Maximum Takeoff Weight: 53,000 lbs.
Maximum Landing Weight: 47,000 lbs.
Fuel Capacity: 2,728 Gallons (2,135 Main + 593 Auxiliary)
ENGINES:
General Electric CF34-3B1

N636BR Canadair CL-600-2B19 Regional Jet CRJ-200ER Atlantic Coast Airlines 1999-Apr-20 2x GE CF34-3B1

N636BR Canadair CL-600-2B19 Regional Jet CRJ-200ER Independence Air 2004-Aug-04 2x GE CF34-3B1

rspilot
19th Oct 2008, 09:58
Avionco bashes are unjustified....been working for them for one year now and one day late on pay once, on time the rest and three days early on three occasions. If you dont want to come over to Avionco than that is fine, more flying for me.

Bandagg
19th Oct 2008, 12:30
No Avionco Bashing intended. Just telling you my experience, that's all. Happy flying and hope it turns out better for you than a lot of other people.

dc9-32
19th Oct 2008, 16:05
Tony Williams - you have a PM :ok:

UApilot
19th Oct 2008, 16:06
Apparently Felix just received their first crj700 yesterday, they have pics on their website..

bob.sakamano
19th Oct 2008, 17:20
Those NextGen aircraft are very nice. I fly NextGen -900's and the difference for passengers is night and day.

The interior LED lighting is really brightens it up and the new windows are huge. I think the NextGen a/c are just as comfortable as E-170's.

It's good to see them with actual a/c. It feels more legitimate now.

TonyWilliams
19th Oct 2008, 19:29
My current airline has several of the old Independence -200's. There's two weird things about FlyI birds: 1. They don't have cargo air (no live animals)

I flew N495BR (ACA/IndependenceAir used call sign "blue ridge", I think), and I don't recall that feature. Good news is that I won't kill anybody's pooch by forgetting to have the cargo air on.:}

Bandagg
20th Oct 2008, 04:41
Anybody tried this?

Felix Chief Operating Officer: Capt Abdul Habib Ibrahim
Email: [email protected]
office phone: 011-967-735-004004

TonyWilliams
20th Oct 2008, 05:29
Saturday, 18 October 2008 (Reuters)

Yemen's first low-cost airline, Felix Airways, began its operations on Saturday to tap growing demand for domestic flights. The inaugural flight will be between southern port Aden and the capital Sanaa.

The airline which has a capital of $80 million and currently just one aircraft, a Bombardier CRJ700, was set up by state-run Yemen Airways (Yemenia), and a unit of the Saudi-based Islamic Development Bank which promotes private entrepreneurship, officials said.

Chief Executive Officer Mohammed Al-Arrasha told reporters that the airline would operate flights between the capital Sanaa and the southern port city of Aden, and add more domestic services after acquiring more aircraft.

With the creation of the new airline, the latest of several low-cost airlines launched in the region in recent years, Yemen Airways will focus on international flights, officials said.

Demand for domestic flights was growing about 6 percent a year in Yemen, according to a report cited by newspapers.

Beechslave
20th Oct 2008, 08:38
I just applied through avionco. Anyone know if they're still hiring or are the initial group of pilots already hired? Looks like the felix website is incomplete.

thecrjmechanic
20th Oct 2008, 23:39
I did mean Oct. 27. but hopefully by the 31st.Yeah like i said there is just to much work to be done on it. with the gear, today we started cannibalizing the #2 engine off of A/C S/N 7340 to put on to the #1 spot on 636BR and worst yet we still have a ton of corrosion to remove.A lot of it is back behind the wing box. mostly on,around, and under frames :ugh:

bob.sakamano
23rd Oct 2008, 00:10
Here is a link to a photo taken of the first Felix CRJ-700 stopping in France.
(http://www.airliners.net/photo/Felix-Airways/Canadair-CL-600-2C10-Regional/1413872/L/)

TonyWilliams
23rd Oct 2008, 06:18
CRJmechanic,

How many CRJ-200 airframes total do you have there are RFD?

I'm only aware of two going over.

thecrjmechanic
24th Oct 2008, 02:02
He have two for Felix airlines and one other for some company

Chris767PL
24th Oct 2008, 02:26
Very interesting picture... I was told the aircraft would remain under a Canadian registration, yet I see its already registered under Yemen numbers.

bob.sakamano
24th Oct 2008, 02:31
Why would the registration remain Canadian? They are not wet leased. Didn't Felix purchase them from Bombardier?

Where did you hear that they would retain Canadian registration?

bob.sakamano
24th Oct 2008, 02:33
How are the C checks coming along on the first Felix -200?

Adobo
29th Oct 2008, 21:39
Anyone know how long it took to get a call back from Avionco after submitting the paperwork in for Felix Airways?

bob.sakamano
29th Oct 2008, 23:03
I know about 5 guys that applied through Avionco when the job first posted. All say they keep getting the runaround.

thecrjmechanic
30th Oct 2008, 00:21
i would still say at least a week if not more

TonyWilliams
30th Oct 2008, 02:13
Hey, thanks for keeping us up to date. I'll pass the word.

Tony

Adobo
30th Oct 2008, 17:28
Yeah, I keep getting the run around also... Have they slowed or stopped hiring for now?

outofhereoyibo
3rd Nov 2008, 05:50
I would not count getting on with Avionco. They have plenty of pilots and not enough jobs...:confused: From the pilots I have spoken with they had no problems with Avionco...I think the major problem here is that Yemen is a very dangerous place and pay should be HIGHER!. Don't whore yourself out and lower the bar! You saw where that got most of the US pilots. Good luck! I LOVE JAPAN!!! Flying is great here!!

pilotara
8th Nov 2008, 07:51
At this time at Felix Airways, inorder to fly the CRJ 700NG, YOU HAVE TO BE A CSP. The reason behind it is Bombardier. They do not need F/O's for the 700 but Instructor Captains for now. This information is direct from Capt Habib Ibrahim COO of Felix. Ofcourse things can change soon cause there are not alot of people willing to come here or qualified as instructors. For FAA guys your check airman letter will do the job uless you have a CFI/II/MEI on your ATP. And make sure you have the circle to land restriction REMOVED

Best of Luck

bob.sakamano
8th Nov 2008, 15:09
What exactly is a CSP?

TonyWilliams
10th Nov 2008, 06:39
Any word if N636BR is ready to leave Rockford for Toronto ?

pilotara
10th Nov 2008, 18:27
CSP is Customer Service Pilot. to become a CSP you have to go through interview and training with Bombardier. Also pretty much only AVIONCO pilots get it. Don't ask why I do not know. As far as the CRJ 200, have no idea when its coming. supposly it should be in Sanaa Yemen on the 15th but...GOD knows.

thecrjmechanic
10th Nov 2008, 21:22
it was to go on a test flight today. I would think in the next few days if noting is wrong.

TonyWilliams
10th Nov 2008, 22:13
it was to go on a test flight today. I would think in the next few days if noting is wrong.

I talked to Robert at your shop, and he says that we're just waiting for a signature from Felix.

Paint shop in Ontario is chomping at the bit....

The earliest this plane will arrive in Yemen will be the end of the month.

amansworld
12th Nov 2008, 12:21
The CSP position is a bait and switch deal the Dodds use to get guys in the door then screw them with drawn out long term contracts that rarely get paid on time, less all the perks of the CSP contract(this is why you accepted it to start with-paid days off, buisness class ticket, year long employment. Beware of Avionco and Bombardier as they are joined at the hip due to the relationship of the Avionco ownership and a longtime rep at Bombardier. They work together and I am pretty sure both get kick backs from these contracts.

The current state of aviation is this: jobs are scarce however working for Avionco you are shooting yourself bigtime. NO ONE has had a positive experience with these jerkoffs. The contracts are so loose and open to whatever,whenever by whoever.

Run if you know what is good for you. Anyone with any sense would say F!@K Avionco and Bombardier.

TonyWilliams
13th Nov 2008, 17:13
Yemen it's not safety to live there..

I think pirates just took over a turkish ship off the coast of Yemen

TonyWilliams
14th Nov 2008, 06:25
Well, besides pirates, I think Felix is taking delivery of its second CRJ-700ng.

The -200's.... well, more delays.

bob.sakamano
14th Nov 2008, 12:58
The first -200 acceptance flight is finally scheduled for Monday. If all goes well, it will be off to Toronto for paint. I would guess the ferry will be around 28 November.

Finally, some movement.

karya
4th Dec 2008, 14:53
Any new about CRJ's 200?
When we'll be ready?? and the second 700 is already there??

thanks

TonyWilliams
5th Dec 2008, 06:39
You can keep track of the first -200 here:

FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > N636BR (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N636BR)

and the second one here:

FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > N637BR (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N637BR)

Both planes are still in the Chicago area.

The second -700 was being delivered, I'm told.

karya
5th Dec 2008, 14:56
Thanks Tony for the info.

TonyWilliams
16th Dec 2008, 03:37
On Dec 18, 2008, it will be a month since the N636BR flew its acceptance flight, and should have gone to paint.

Even an optimist would not guess that anything will happen over Xmas, so my best guest would be that if everything is worked out, the plane won't be completed with its paint until Feb 1. That's a best case scenario. Naturally, after months of delays (the original date given to start was the end of Sept 2008), I expect the worst.

Those of us who have signed contracts to fly (months ago) have not been paid a penny (well, I guess I can only speak for me). Plus, my recurrent times out in April, as it will for the captains that Felix trained in Oct 2008. I'm sure there are folks who time out before me.

My hunch is that they are trying to cut a "super duper deal" on the planes, or cutting the same kind of deal to get out of the aircraft leases altogether. They have a bunch of money in them (like multiple 6 figure amount), but it still may be cheaper to let them go now, during a world wide economic meltdown, and collapse of oil that provides the financing.

bob.sakamano
30th Dec 2008, 19:20
The second CRJ-200 just completed its acceptance flight (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N637BR). Things are moving along.

TonyWilliams
31st Dec 2008, 18:06
Great news. Sounds like the mechanics are going to do a run-up today on 7BR to check for a 14th stage bleed leak (after they replace the clamp). Both planes appear to have very few write ups, considering how much work was done.

Heck, we can just get some white paint from Home Depot, and paint over the "Independence Air"... we're good to go.

Here's the fleet:

Felix Airways

Hub: Sana | IATA: FO | ICAO: FXX |

C/N model registration former airline delivered to

7307 CRJ200 ER N636BR Independence Air ACA - Atlantic Coast Airlines

7308 CRJ200 ER N637BR Independence Air ACA - Atlantic Coast Airlines

10267 CRJ700 Srs 701 7O-FAA Felix Airways

10268 CRJ700 Srs 701 7O-FAB Felix Airways

What's a Srs 701 ? (edit:)

As of August 2005, Bombardier was marketing two models varying in size in a two-class layout cabin: the CRJ700 Series 701 for 64- to 70-seat, and the CRJ700 Series 705 for 75-seat. Each CRJ700 Series has two additional variants providing Extended Range (ER) and Long Range (LR). The production engine for new build CRJ700s is the CF34-8C5B1

TonyWilliams
31st Dec 2008, 18:25
Three Germans — an aid worker based in Yemen and her visiting mother and father — were kidnapped Monday by Bani Dhabyan tribesmen in Dhamar province, located about 65 miles south of San'a.

The kidnappers' leader, Sheik Abed Rabbo Saleh al-Tam, had also demanded the release of a cleric, Sheik Mohammed Ali Hassan al-Moayad, jailed in the United States on terrorism charges.Al-Moayad was sentenced in 2005 in New York to 75 years in prison for supporting terrorism. Al-Moayad was convicted of conspiring to support and attempting to support al-Qaida and the Palestinian extremist group Hamas.

He was lured to Germany by two FBI informants in 2003 and secretly recorded promising to funnel money to Hamas and al-Qaida. He also boasted that Osama bin Laden called him "my sheik." He was arrested by German police and sent to the United States.

TonyWilliams
31st Dec 2008, 18:46
Chairman of the company board, Saleh al-Awaji thanked the government of Yemen for their investment support, indicating again the importance of choosing Aden as their first destination, indicating the importance of the city. Aden will have the lion's share of flights, which will be not less than five flights per day by the end of 2009

OYSN to OYAA 163° 165nm !!!! Sounds like a job for a Q-400.

18 October 2008

SANA'A, Oct. 18 (Saba) - Prime Minister Ali Mujawar launched Saturday the low-cost domestic carrier Felix Airways' first flight from Sana'a to Aden.

The executive director of the Felix Airways Mohammed al-Arashah said the company's fleet would be eight Canadian Bombardier 74-passenger planes by the end of August of 2009, four of which the company would receive till(by?) the end of this December.

It's interesting to note that I have yet to see the -200's mentioned in any press release. Not once.

karya
7th Jan 2009, 20:02
Hi Tony, any good new from Felix? do you have any idea about how many pilots Capt and FO they will need??

many thanks

TonyWilliams
8th Jan 2009, 06:02
Hi Tony, any good new from Felix? do you have any idea about how many pilots Capt and FO they will need?

They sure don't update me on stuff like that !!!

The current 2 operating CRJ-700's I presume are fully staffed. And the two CRJ-200's that are still sitting in KRFD... I personally guess (based on a lot of conjecture, since again, I really do not get updated) that those -200's won't fly in revenue service until sometime in the summer. So, no crews needed there for quite some time.

The remaining 6 CRJ-700's that will probably be delivered through 2009, I have no idea where the crews will come from. I had heard that Avionco got fired, and their crews were sent home. That presumably leaves Yemenia pilots to Captain the planes, with ??? as FO's. I wouldn't even want to guess who might do that.

It makes sense to me that those of us who have held a contract for months to fly the two CRJ-200's would be put to work flying those new -700's, but I predict that won't happen.

The last email that I got from my broker at "Brookfield" was Dec 8. Nothing since then.

pilot crj-200
8th Jan 2009, 18:25
hi tony how are you doing

any good news about the crj-200

are they in canda now ..

TonyWilliams
8th Jan 2009, 22:20
hi tony how are you doing

any good news about the crj-200

are they in canda now ..

Doing good.... both CRJ-200's are still in the US. I see that you're in Yemen; are you going to fly for Felix?

pilot crj-200
9th Jan 2009, 18:17
when do you expect the first airplane to go to yemen

we heared news that the first aircraft will be here in 21 jan

but its looks like its going to be here in february

and by the way are you felix captin

TonyWilliams
9th Jan 2009, 21:44
im already FO for felix airways waiting for the airplane to come

we heared news that the first aircraft will be here in 21 jan

but its looks like its going to be here in february

and by the way are you felix captin
I'm an FO also. You can check online where the aircraft are. Both -200's are in KRFD, and if you look at my 4Dec08 post in this thread, you'll see links to each plane. Just click on them.

Neither plane has gone to paint in Canada. I'm sorry I can't offer more, and I wish I could, other than to say with absolute certainty that the 1st plane will not be in Yemen by Jan 21.

Hope you're enjoying your holiday.

Shoot me an email at:

[email protected]

bob.sakamano
11th Jan 2009, 14:44
Here are photos (http://felixairways.com/2ndaircrafts.html) from the Felix website of the delivery of 70-FAB, the 2nd CRJ-700. It was delivered to Sana'a 28 December.

TonyWilliams
15th Jan 2009, 18:51
Yemen Times Staff

- Felix Airways launches the second plane within 2009 operation program

Felix Airways' Technical Apparatus received the second CRJ 700 plane from Canadian Bumpardy factories. Joining this plan to 2009 trade operational program, the daily flights from Sana'a Airport to Aden, Taiz, Hudeidah , Mukalla, Say'oon and Suqatra will increase from 33 to 44 flights a week.

Felix Airways' Executive Director Mohmmad al- Arasha stated that measures for handing over the plane are going as planned and according to due time and programs for operating the plane. He asserted that the third plane will join the company on January 15 and the forth one in the end of January 2009.

By the end of this January, we will have four plans operating in Felix Airways. He says the aim of these planes is linking the political Capital Sana'a with all country's governorates and then linking Yemeni cities with each other. This process is easing local transportation and ease also tourist activities and activities of investors.

Our program, he says, has been made upon economic study conducted by the US specialized company for establishing this company. The program was made for covering some regional areas.

"God willing, we will start linking al-Ghaidha City with Salalah City in Oman and then with UAE cities and some cities of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. There will be regular flights in the future, "he said.

Concerning the African Horn, the program will include Addis Ababa, Djibouti and Asmara. All these plans come under the support and encouraging of political leadership represented by President Ali Abdullah Saleh and his government for encouraging investment and easing investors' movements and tourist activity in the country. Furthermore, the prime aim is easing citizen's movements and avoiding traffic accidents in the highways.

He affirmed also that the Felix Company has achieved great success beyond initial expectations. The number of passengers has reached 20, 000 by the end of 2008.

Bruce Nicholson
17th Jan 2009, 22:50
With a Felix F/O on the boards now, I'm hoping he can tell me what the airline is using for their radio callsign. EuroControl does not have a record of the callsign nor does any other source on the Internet.

Thanks!

TonyWilliams
23rd Jan 2009, 06:20
Hey, it's a start up !!!! Lot's of those have failed, or not looked "too organized" in 1st world countries.

But, ya, things are getting a little far from the original "plan".

pilotara
23rd Jan 2009, 15:00
At the present moment Felix operates only the 700 with the support pilots from Bombardier/Avionco (CSP's). When i was there the callsign was felix now i do not know if it changed. Overall the operation is better than other contracts i have done in S.America and China and I can tell you that they treat their flight and cabin crew much much better than alot of US regionals. I would love to go back but since I do not have a CFI on my lincense i cannot be there as a instructor. talking to some of my friends down there the local DGAC has already choose which guys they want to rotate inand out Felix for the 700. Nothing on the 200 (Brookfield has the contract) My understanding from talking with couple of the Felix managment guys is that the 200 will be based out of Adden(70ft elevation) and the 700 will remain in Sana (7500ft elevation).
Question for the Brookfield guys. Do you have an estimate on when you actually going to go to Yemen ? I know it suposed to be on October etc etc etc.

pilot crj-200
23rd Jan 2009, 16:47
I Have A Good News For You Guys

Today N636br Has Arrived To CYGD coming from KRFD For Painting :)
FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > N636BR (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N636BR)
Hopefully the airplane will be in OYSN in february

Good Day :D

TonyWilliams
25th Jan 2009, 01:09
I would guess that whatever estimate for when the Brookfield crews would show up would be just that. It looks like at least one of the -200's has arrived at the paint shop, however I suspect (with good first hand information) that it will be after Feb before even one of the -200's are ready to ferry.

Your comments are the first I've heard about the -200's being "sea level airport planes". Makes sense, of course, that they aren't ideal at high/ hot airports.

I'd love for you to post some first hand experiences of life on the line there. It doesn't seem plausible that we Brookfield pilots would fly the -700's if they are physically are separated at a separate base, not to mention contract issues.

gearupflapsup
4th Mar 2009, 13:41
For every one guy getting paid by the Dodd's, there are 100 unpaid. Sharing of information about a dishonest contract operator like Avionco is appropriate.

TonyWilliams
4th Mar 2009, 14:48
It looks like Brookfield's second CRJ-200 is now sent to the paint shop. So that should be done around April 1-ish.

Very, very close to my estimate from months ago. Easy to guess, when you consider what an incompetent bunch of folks who are directing this. Of course, the talking heads from Brookfield didn't tell anybody that while they waited, many unpaid, for all this time.

FlightAware > Live Flight Tracker > N637BR (http://flightaware.com/live/flight/N637BR)

747t
14th Mar 2009, 13:50
Brookfield Aviation are thieves and unprofessional.

One Captain was unceremoniously let go. Long story, but I guess they weren’t willing to give him time off to be with his sick mother.

Another was let go for having take 2 days off to be with his brother who was having heart attack. He got ripped off with his salary and a refund for a relocation ticket they asked him to get.

Tony above was also let go for stating facts on PPRune about the delays of the CRJ-200.

They waited for them to get their act together, for what, 5 months, they needed few days off and it’s sorry, adios.

Few weeks ago Brookfield were saying how unprofessional Felix management are and that they are getting sick of how they change their minds. What Happened?

US Pilots...PM me for facts and whats it like living in Yemen and for facts about Felix and brookfield Aviation.

TonyWilliams
14th Mar 2009, 16:57
Tony above was also let go for stating facts on PPRuNe about the delays of the CRJ-200.

That whole operation is a total mess, and I can't tell you how happy I am not to be involved in it now.

Brookfield was alerted to my Pprune postings by what I'll call the "snitch captain", initials BG. He doesn't know what a favor he did me.

With so many pilots on the street, Brookfield can treat pilots like garbage AND not pay them !!!!

The first clue that things were a bit "loosey goosey" was there was no interview, no assessment of any kind, no nothing. The job was offered to me initially in Sept '08, then a contract in early Oct '08. When I asked how many had signed up, I was told none. I'd be first.

It only went downhill from there. I wouldn't be surprised if they're still not flying the single CRJ-200 that should be over there.

747t
15th Mar 2009, 12:49
They made BG the chief of training; I heard the guy can’t fly and shouldn’t be PIC.
He is giving some US pilots’ hard time. He is kissing management’s A - - to hide his incapability of bad airmanship and CRM.

TonyWilliams
15th Mar 2009, 20:09
They made BG the chief of training; I heard the guy can’t fly and shouldn’t be PIC.
He is giving some US pilots’ hard time. He is kissing management’s A - - to hide his incapability of bad airmanship and CRM.

Anybody who wants to get all the sordid details about that pathetic waste of humanity (yes, booby, I'm talking about ya), call Brookfield in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. BG had a long list of issues there, and of course, none were his fault. Before that, he was with ACA/Independence, were I presume the same weak stick issues prevailed.

He sent out an update about Felix in the end of January 2009 to everybody EXCEPT me. Apparently, I challenged his fragile ego (unknowing to me at the time), so his "punishment" was to leave me out... like a school girl might do.

After I learned about the missing update a few days after the fact, the following exchange of emails took place:

from Tony Williams
to BG
date Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:02 PM
subject Re:Update

Hey Bob,

Thanks for the update !!!

Tony Williams

>>>>>>Any information to the contrary, from whatever source, would be based on rumor and conjecture with a liberal spicing of opinion, and should therefore be considered unreliable. <<<<<<

{note: The above quote was from BG's update, apparently trying to discredit me, and making reference to my postings on pprune, which, by the way, are all in this thread... that I started 5 months ago}

from BG
to Tony Williams
date Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 3:40 PM
subject Re: Update

You're welcome; I will look forward to more of your updates on pprune.

{note: thankfully, the last email I got from this piece of human excrement. Then he went crying to his masters at Brookfield... "look mummy and daddy, Tony is talking about you on pprune!! Can I have a lollipop now ?? Please, please ????"}

from Tony Williams
to BG
date Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 5:10 PM
subject Re: Update

Bob,

Not sure why you left me out of the loop in your update. Hopefully it was unintentional, but if not, we need to chat.

Tailwinds,

Tony

Sent from my iPhone

So, the next email I got was from the folks at Brookfield:

from BJD@brookfield
to Tony Williams
cc: DG@brookfield
LF@brookfield
alarrasha@felix
samuel jerome@felix

date Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 9:46 AM
subject Re:Breach of confidentiality

Dear Mr. Williams,

I refer to my last letter sent to you earlier this month copy pasted below.

{note: in classic Brookfield screw up, there was neither a letter "copy pasted" below, nor was there any letter EVER sent from BD to me previously}

Since that time it has been noted that you have continued to put information regarding Felix Airways into the public domain, which is contrary to clause 14 of the contract that you signed with our company, and contrary to my request to you in my email communication.

[note: of course, this clown doesn't make the most basic inquiries as to whether or not it was in fact ME making postings. And again, that dumbass never sent me anything but this letter. Perhaps he thinks he's protecting himself from breach of contract}

This letter therefore serves to give you notice that your contract through our organization with Felix Airways is immediately terminated.

Yours sincerely

B.J.D

Sales Director

Brookfield Aviation International Ltd

PO Box 2xx

Epsom

Surrey KT19 8YX

United Kingdom

+44-1372-7470xx

TonyWilliams
15th Mar 2009, 20:48
Thought this letter from Felix to BJD @ Brookfield told an interesting story. Apparently, BJD telephoned to complain that he had not been paid by Felix for December 2008.

Dear Mr. BJD,

Further to our telephonic conversation yesterday, kindly be informed that your invoice for December 2008 will be paid and the delay was due to the number of holidays that we had on December. {note: that explains everthing!!!}

Secondly please be informed that the delay with regard to CRJ200 was unfortunate and unforeseen and has happened due to the documentation. We are almost done with the process and are expecting everything to be concluded in a couple of days.

As you are aware we have our Quality Assurance stationed at Emery Air facilities (the place where the aircraft is currently undergoing maintenance) and at Sky Harbour facilities at Canada where the aircraft would be painted.

One more time we want to reaffirm our commitments and the aircraft will move to Canada as early as next week.

We appreciate your understanding.

With Thanks & Best Regards,

Big Wig at Felix

TonyWilliams
15th Mar 2009, 23:44
Tourists killed in Yemen blast

SANAA (AFP) — Four South Korean tourists were killed and four more wounded by an explosion in the historic city of Shibam in southeast Yemen on Sunday, a security official in Hadramawt province said.

In January 2008 two Belgian tourists were shot dead along with their local guide and driver in Hadramawt.

Two months later, the US embassy was the target of mortar fire which missed and hit a school, killing two people.

A car bomb attack in Marib, also east of Sanaa, in July 2007 killed eight Spanish holidaymakers and two Yemeni drivers.
That attack took place at the entrance to Mahram Bilqis, an ancient oval-shaped temple which legend says belonged to the Biblical Queen of Sheba.

In January the local Al-Qaeda branch announced in a video message posted on the Internet the merging of the Saudi and Yemeni branches into "Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula," led by a Yemeni called Nasser al-Wahaishi.

Yemen is the ancestral homeland of Osama bin Laden, and Al-Qaeda has launched many operations there -- notably the 2000 attack on the USS Cole in the port of Aden that killed 17 sailors.

The US embassy in the capital was targeted last September by a double car bomb attack claimed by Al-Qaeda that killed 19 people, including seven attackers.

Some Western embassies are now concealed behind five-metre-high (16-foot) blast walls, and some diplomats have said they believe there is an influx of "terrorists" in Yemen.

In April 2008 a complex of villas inhabited by US oil experts in Sanaa was hit by rockets, and the same month the Italian embassy also came under attack.
Oil installations have also been frequent targets in Yemen, which had a modest production of 300,000 barrels a day in 2008.

A security official in Sanaa said on February 8 the authorities had decided to release 176 people suspected of links to Al-Qaeda, without saying why.
Sixteen days later a security court sentenced three members of an alleged Al-Qaeda cell to seven years each in jail.

They were convicted of conspiring to attack tourists and government facilities to avenge the killing of an Al-Qaeda commander in August last year.
Few tourists visit Yemen, which also has a history of abductions of Westerners by powerful tribes who then use them as bargaining chips with the authorities. Those kidnapped are generally freed unharmed.

TonyWilliams
17th Mar 2009, 09:29
Feb 19, 2009 (Leadership/All Africa Global Media via COMTEX) -- MMC | Quote | Chart | News | PowerRating -- It sounds pretty surprising but not unexpected that the city of Port Harcourt, Nigeria, a once very glamorous city, has been ranked among the three most dangerous cities in the world.
The human resources unit of New York-based Marsh & McLennan Cos. has ranked Port Harcourt with Baghdad, Yemen's capital of Sana'a and Khartoum in Sudan, as the world's most dangerous cities.

747t
17th Mar 2009, 12:54
This Travel Warning warns U.S. citizens of the high security threat level in Yemen due to terrorist activities and updates information on the security situation in Yemen. The Department of State has lifted the authorized departure status of non-emergency personnel and adult family members of the U.S. Embassy in Sana’a. The Department recommends that American citizens defer non-essential travel to Yemen. American citizens remaining in Yemen despite this warning should monitor the U.S. Embassy website at http://yemen.usembassy.gov (http://yemen.usembassy.gov/) and should make contingency emergency plans. This replaces the Travel Warning for Yemen issued September 17, 2008.

747t
18th Mar 2009, 18:00
This Travel Warning warns U.S. citizens of the high security threat level in Yemen due to terrorist activities and updates information on the security situation in Yemen. The Department of State has lifted the authorized departure status of non-emergency personnel and adult family members of the U.S. Embassy in Sana’a. The Department recommends that American citizens defer non-essential travel to Yemen. American citizens remaining in Yemen despite this warning should monitor the U.S. Embassy website at http://yemen.usembassy.gov (http://yemen.usembassy.gov/) and should make contingency emergency plans. This replaces the Travel Warning for Yemen issued September 17, 2008.

pilot de peste
19th Mar 2009, 15:10
CRJ Captain immediate start

View Agency Profile Job Role: Flight Operations
Job Hours: Full-Time
Job Position: Contract
Company: Brookfield Aviation International Ltd
Salary:
Job reference: CRJC
Posted Date: 19 March 2009 11:10:07
We need a current CRJ Captain to start immediately on a long term contract assignment in the Middle East. Must have current PC and medical with at least 4 months before expiry. Must be current on the aircraft and must have at least 1000 hours PIC on the CRJ. Must be available to join a ferry flight this saturday 21st March from Canada.

brookfield aviation international (http://brookfieldav.com/)

Well. seems like this guys still very bad organized, a week ago they had a captain ready, Brookfield ask to him to pay by him self a ticket airline to put hims self @ Yemen to start to work with FELIX. Once the captain arrives there, they put a lot of changes on his contract, and finally the captain left the job. Because Felix Did not accept him because he was going to expire in about 2 months on his current type CRJ200. What a stupid guys, they must check this things before they hire you and put your self in Yemen.

Also, Brookfield Av. exactly Lucy Fuller, and Felix Chief Pilots Abdul Habib, they don't want to pay to this captain his tickets, hotel, and everything that he spend to arrive to Yemen and return to his country after the Felix Chief Pilots changes a lot of things on his contract ( when he had already a signed contract with nice terms with Lucy Fuller Brookfield AV).

Now I see they are short of captains because they are not doing things well done.

And Yemen it's one of the top 10 most dangerous countries in the World.

BE AWARE OF THIS GUYS.

:mad:

pilotara
19th Mar 2009, 15:29
Be very cautious about Brookfield !!! B.G (their Chief pilot for the CRJ) has already made a name for himself. Lack of knowledge, poor leadership along with guys that haven't flown the CRJ for long time and expired PC 's etc etc. Actually Brookfield is worst than Avionco. Accomodations are not in a hotel but in some sort of an apartment complex. Anyway, just becarefull and be safe

pilot de peste
19th Mar 2009, 15:39
Another guy BOB GRISHAW; making what his have talent for: stupid things:} he fits with felix strategy

TonyWilliams
19th Mar 2009, 17:33
I've got to question any pilot who would finance their own air fare to get there, particularly once knowing what a mess this outfit is. If the company needs you some place, they'll pay, like any other company, or you don't go !!!
Particularly a company... in the travel related business !!!

Congrats Brookfield, another pilot hatchet job !!!!
:E

747t
21st Mar 2009, 12:51
I bet their plan is to have their local pilots from Yemen Airways(First Officers A320 and A330) upgraded as captains on the CRJ for half the salary; Of course BG will sign them off.SCARY!!!
Then these inexperienced captains will fly with fly with inexperienced local FO’s with 200 hours C-152 TT and good bye to all contract expat pilots. I am glad I am not in YEMEN.

TonyWilliams
21st Mar 2009, 13:44
The contract is only a year long. And for those that signed up last year, they only have 6 to 8 months left. And that's if Brookfield gives a pretense of following the contracts.

So far, they just let people go without paying them.

I do have a copy of the Avionco contract, which is only 6 months for FO's. Avionco also has a clause about security, but Brookfield specifically does not. I questioned this and they reinforced that you're ON YOUR OWN !!!!

Good luck to anybody who gets kidnapped on a Brookfield contract.

TonyWilliams
28th Mar 2009, 16:01
I just learned that Lucy Fuller no longer works at Brookfield. Sounds like another casualty in what might be the most screwed up airline operation ever !!!

evil calved
26th Apr 2009, 17:16
Also Brookfield doesn't work for Felix too. Now is Ibbys, Ibis aviation or something like that. They are looking for JAR licence pilots now.

TonyWilliams
27th Apr 2009, 08:09
Wow, if true !! The whole thing was/is a huge mess.

karya
27th Apr 2009, 21:21
Not exactly, as far as I know Brookfield pilots are still working for Felix, but new recruitment will be managed by IBIS, anyway new airplanes for Felix have been cancelled or are on standby, therefore IBIS is recruiting JAR pilots for nothing, recruitment is stopped.

TonyWilliams
31st May 2009, 07:38
Good news!!!! Bob Grimshaw, or Robert Grimshaw, formerly of Independence Air, Avionco, and Brookfield (and a poor reputation at all three) has been let go from Felix.

karya
31st May 2009, 18:02
What exactly means if this guy has been fired????
Whats next??

TonyWilliams
1st Jun 2009, 01:06
What exactly means if this guy has been fired????
Whats next??

It means that a piece of :mad: "R G" who had no problem trying to :mad: over other pilots got what he earned.

Having interacting with this human excrement, I hope that the worst pilot market in a while will keep him unemployed for a long while.

1. Independence went out of business, so he can't crawl back there.
2. He burned his bridges at Avionco, so he can't crawl back there.
3. Obviously he burned his bridges at Felix/Brookfield.
4. I'll make sure he never has a chance getting on with the airline that I'm at.

There are only so many CRJ operators in the world, and the ones that might hire him in the US will be at a new hire FO salary :-) According to the FAA data base, he has a B737 type, but I'll guess no experience which means no job, and a flight instructor rating that is current. That sound like a great job for him.

JanetFlight
10th Jul 2009, 04:16
Then these inexperienced captains will fly with inexperienced local FO’s with 200 hours C-152 TT and good bye to all contract expat pilots. I am glad I am not in YEMEN.

Welll...you think this could only happens in YEMEN!!!????:ugh:
I know a bunch of good ol'boys who started their career some years ago as F/O on the L-1011 Tristar for a local company here in Europe with 165TT...God bless them all...Cheers:)

flythisplane
16th Nov 2009, 01:41
Stay away from them at all costs. They are a complete nightmare. pm me for more info!

AL-MEHDAR
21st Sep 2010, 12:32
Hello what is the news for Felix airways guys? How many A/C do they have? what about the orderd A/C? What is the nationality of Captains & F/O who working there?

bob.sakamano
3rd Oct 2010, 20:24
Hello what is the news for Felix airways guys? How many A/C do they have? what about the orderd A/C? What is the nationality of Captains & F/O who working there?

Still the same fleet of 2 very tired and abused CRJ-200's and 2 rapidly aging CRJ-700's. Delusions of grandeur continue on a daily basis. CEO loves to shop for aircraft, just can't afford them. The manufacturers are catching on. No more free trips to the Paris Airshow LOL.

Apparently...and I might be wrong on this one...Yemen is a third world country with few revenue passengers. Shocking.

AL-MEHDAR
4th Oct 2010, 12:51
bob.sakamano (http://www.pprune.org/members/280101-bob-sakamano)

Are u working there with them?