PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions: B737 A/T GA mode and Hold Exit Armed!

waldowinter
13th Oct 2008, 10:27
1. You make GA-Around...and A/T is not armed. After you have pressed TO/GA, your pitch mode is TO/GA. Then you arm A/T...how you now can get A/T to GA mode? (normally A/T is armed/engaged and mode goes to GA after TO/GA pressing)

2 You are flying Hold with LNAV...you have pressed exit hold and executed it. You are still on hold and on CDU(right/below) you have exit armed. What you have to do, if you now want to cancel exit armed? (plane normally continues to fly Hold after flying over Hold waypoint)

Thanks!

Cough
13th Oct 2008, 10:50
1. Missed your opportunity! Use man thrust until Aa (had a small idea that you could arm it and press N1 but I don't think that it would work). You can arm the A/T however so that if you select another mode, or enter alt acquire it will go into N1 or MCP speed mode.

2. Legs page and re-enter the hold.

waldowinter
14th Oct 2008, 10:45
OK, thanks!

Todders
14th Oct 2008, 10:58
One point on the a/t function on app. that alot of people dont seem to know and i'm sorry if you do but worth stating i think is that you can have the a/t armed but not doing anything if you simply de-select speed. This then allows you to fly the a/c manually but have the a/t system armed and usable in the event of a goaround.

Denti
14th Oct 2008, 11:49
Actually that is SOP in my outfit, however Boeing discourages that way of A/T operation since the low speed protection mode (it is NOT a true alpa floor mode) engages very fast and sometimes close to Vref which will lead to A/T interference with manual flight when not desired.

RobinR200
15th Oct 2008, 08:40
So deselect it again.....normal operation for us