PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations North Korea:

828a
13th Oct 2008, 08:37
Congratulations North Korea on your national airline ( Air Koryo ) acquiring a nice Tupolev Tu 204-300 Reg P-632 for use on the trunk route Pyongyang-Beijing-Pyongyang. I look forward to flying on this new Tu 204 but I doubt if it will be any more passenger friendly than those ageless Ilyushin Il 62m s that make up most of the Air Koryo fleet and are such a pleasure to fly on.

828a.

ACMS
13th Oct 2008, 10:05
yep I can see the relevance of this thread to us here in Hong Kong.

We might want to apply to fly their jets one day.

NOT

iceman50
13th Oct 2008, 10:54
828a just wants to congratulate everybody!:ugh:

moosp
13th Oct 2008, 15:06
I hope they improve on the seating for the cabin crew compared to the IL62. I flew Pyongyang-Beijing a couple of years ago and the cabin crew stood in the aisle on takeoff with a hand on a seat each side of the aisle.

Impressive I thought...

But I have to agree with the above. WTF has this got to do with the Fragrant one??

Loiter1
14th Oct 2008, 05:08
'But I have to agree with the above. WTF has this got to do with the Fragrant one??'

It has nothing to do with the Fragrant one. 828a is bored and has inserted another one of his windups.:hmm:

828a
14th Oct 2008, 05:50
iceman 50;

Perhaps as you imply I should have expanded my congratulations to the North Korean's for standing their ground and seeing off the Bush, Cheyney, Rice, Hill and Bolton ( especially Bolton ) gang regarding the Axis of Evil debacle. Congratulations are also in order for ignoring the hypocritical Japanese and their continuous bleatings about kidnapping. Let's not forget the north has finally convinced the south that mutual co-operation and Juche is more honourable than subservience to American political jackbooters so congratulations are in order there too. Trust that's enough to keep you going for the moment.

828a.

controlledCHAOS
14th Oct 2008, 06:10
iceman 50;

Perhaps as you imply I should have expanded my congratulations to the North Korean's for standing their ground and seeing off the Bush, Cheyney, Rice, Hill and Bolton ( especially Bolton ) gang regarding the Axis of Evil debacle. Congratulations are also in order for ignoring the hypocritical Japanese and their continuous bleatings about kidnapping. Let's not forget the north has finally convinced the south that mutual co-operation and Juche is more honourable than subservience to American political jackbooters so congratulations are in order there too. Trust that's enough to keep you going for the moment.

828a.

I see this as a subtle support for Kim Jong Phil.

828a
14th Oct 2008, 10:27
controlledCHAOS:

Your assumption is totally wrong. I'm not a fan of Kim Jong Il and I've said nothing to indicate I am. My comments amount to no more than a few hard facts mainly for the benefit of the politically naive and there are plenty of them in Cathay Pacific.

828a

iceman50
14th Oct 2008, 11:17
828a

Who are you trying to impress? First congratulations to China and now North Korea!

We do not need your political input here on Fragrant Harbour and are in no need of "re-education", to enable us to think the same way as you!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

ACMS
14th Oct 2008, 13:18
He's trying to impress us with his world affairs knowledge it seems.

Well good on ya mate.

Why don't ya go annoy someone else more worthy of your time?

Do you also write to the North Korean Pilot's advising them how to negotiate their contract and telling them what they are worth?

Now they could really use some help.:ok:

828a
15th Oct 2008, 10:16
ACMS:

Now that's more like it. A reasonable input and a marked improvement on your usual one liners. It's obvious from your comments about North Korean pilot contracts that you don't understand the system so I'll explain it to you.
The pilots of Air Koryo are all North Korean current military pilots and as such they do not have contracts and they don't make waves. All of them at some time or the other would have been on the MIG-21 or similar and from there stepped across to fly airliners. I assume they go back from time to time for fighter refresher but I'm not sure about that. Before you start knocking fighter pilots flying airliners let me tell you that I recently flew in and out of North Korea on an Air Koryo Ilyushin IL62m and both sectors were of a high standard, smooth and well conducted. Not only that the hostesses, yes hostesses were all good lookers.

iceman 50:
Take it easy friend, knowledge is no load to carry.

828a

ACMS
15th Oct 2008, 12:58
hey 828A it's raining outside and I think I heard a bird singing?

What does this mean to the world in general?

mmm

freightdog188
15th Oct 2008, 16:51
told ya he's a f*cking commie ...
only that he never had to suffer them ...

iceman50
15th Oct 2008, 17:12
828a

It obviously went over your head even though you have a brain the size of a planet!;)

sjj
16th Oct 2008, 04:58
Ugh......this is why I stopped reading letters to the editor in online Aussie newspapers. Stupid people who think they're smart making a moral stand on something no-one care about!

I consider myself only marginally less stupid. I'm smart enough to not start the comment in the first place, but dumb enough to care. (and reply in this case)

Farrell
17th Oct 2008, 18:46
I for one would really like to visit North Korea and have a look at what it is really like there.

http://www.danharlow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/kim-jong-il.jpg

I have a penchant for being questioned for hours at immigration in the UK and the States :)

Visiting Tel Aviv is also on my list as it really ticks off the locals here!

828a
18th Oct 2008, 09:58
In 1922 W. Somerset Maugham wrote a series of sketches on life in China as he witnessed it during his time there. He published these sketches ( 58 of them) under the title of “On a Chinese Screen” and the book became a best seller that has been extensively re-printed over the years. The sketches are acute and finely crafted and they concentrate mainly on Western expatriates who are described as “culturally out of their depth in the immensity of Chinese civilisation”. Somerset Maugham gently heaps both scorn and ridicule on his subjects who are a collection of company managers, ship jumpers, consulates , travelling salesmen, army officers, carpet baggers and entrepreneurs. He describes in colourful detail the lives of these people who are shown to exist in a fanciful, inflated world all of their own.
Even though the book was written 86 years ago the pathetic characters it portrays are still with us as it is easy to recognise the likes of ACMS, iceman 50 and slapfan. Fortunately these worthies are the last of their breed as they will not be replaced. “On a Chinese Screen” is a candid truthful historical record seen through the eyes of a perceptive writer. It can still be found in good second hand bookstores.

828a