PDA

View Full Version : BA1503 10th Oct.

lexxity
12th Oct 2008, 23:41
Just a quick note to compliment the crew on this one. Again, you made travelling with the 3 year old in tow a pleasure. Kind, considerate, professional and a credit to your airline. I did fill in a comment card, but a little publice recognition when it's due. Thanks.

P.S. JFK, a real pleasure to arrive at. Immigration chap was very nice and we had a nice chat and a laugh and the airtrain was easy to use to get to the car hire depot.

All in all a very smooth, easy trip. :ok:

Rainboe
13th Oct 2008, 08:15
One waits for Blueray to pop up here something negative! But this must be the first positive US Immigration post ever!

JEM60
13th Oct 2008, 10:01
Well, here comes another one!!! I have NEVER had any problems with US immigration. Mostly at JFK we are dealt with by a black girl, and believe me they can be extremely personable and attractive. Just make sure the forms are filled in [both sides] or you will be sent to the back of the queue.
I go to Oshkosh Airshow every two years through O'Hare [Chicago]. My friend and I wear EAA poloshirts, the guy at the desk looks at the logo, simply says ''You two guys goin' to Oshkosh?'' We affirm, he stamps the passports etc. ''Have a good day sir'' and that's it!! Very nice, luv the States [couldn't live there tho'] looking forward to my two visits next year.
I would suggest though, that if you look as if you are going to resent being dealt with, and asked questions, then you will probably be given a hard [and long] time at the desk. Keep smiling, and, as with Cabin Crew, be polite!!!

TURIN
13th Oct 2008, 10:07
Makes it even more of a shame that the BA1503 will be canned at the end of this month. :{:{:mad:

RevMan2
13th Oct 2008, 10:52
But this must be the first positive US Immigration post ever!

Not true.

The vast majority of INS officials are just as pleasant as any other American you're likely to encounter.
I find that if you proactively tell them why you're visiting and how long you're staying, it generates a smile and speeds up the process no end.