PDA

View Full Version : Saucy Helicopter Calender!

KNIEVEL77
12th Oct 2008, 19:08
Remember the Calender Girls, the Womens Institute members who bared all for a charity calender.............well..........there's a Helicopter one now.

I work for BBC TV and on our Sunday Morning show called Sunday Life we had a discussion about the new North West Air Ambulance calender where members of the local community bare all to be photographed next to the NWAA for a calender that is to raise money to safeguard the helicopters existence and to whether it is in bad taste or not......and I have to say some of the pictures are quite risque, especially for a 'charity' calender!!!

Here is a link to their website, judge for yourselves!

North West Air Ambulance - Home (http://www.northwestairambulance.co.uk)

ShyTorque
12th Oct 2008, 20:06
So that's what they mean by "bush flying"....... :ok:

Whirlygig
12th Oct 2008, 20:47
The East Anglian Air Ambualnce paraemdics did a similar calendar a few years ago. It was a best buy amongst the "ladies of a certain age" in Norfolk!! It was very tasteful; black and white photos on a black background.

As for naked men and women being seen together, then the Uffizi must be a real den of iniquity! :}

Cheers

Whirls

herman the crab
12th Oct 2008, 21:51
I understand that the 'models' have all been disciplined for their part in this...

HTC

KNIEVEL77
12th Oct 2008, 22:08
SilsoeSid,

Well hopefully the sound was okay on the show this morning!!!!! lol

Having seen ALL of the images in the calender there really are some very risque ones...........they show everything except actual full frontals, and in one a bloke is standing behind a woman, her with legs crossed and him holding her breasts in his hands.........fair play to them but you CAN understand why some people think its in bad taste!!!!

Good bit of publicity for them though!

ShyTorque
12th Oct 2008, 22:43
The East Anglian Air Ambualnce paraemdics

I think you're getting a bit excited, here Whirls. Or is that a local dialect?

Whirlygig
12th Oct 2008, 23:15
You 'avin' a pop at my poost eh ShyT?

Cheers

Whirls

...and that was a Norfolk accent! And what's with the comma?

ShyTorque
12th Oct 2008, 23:30
I thought it was spelled "Amblimance", or is that the Bedfordshire one?

Whirlygig
13th Oct 2008, 06:37
My calendar should be in the post in a few hours
But Sid, it's unlucky though if you open it before 2009! Just think of the antici .................................pation!

Cheers

Whirls

Whirlybird
13th Oct 2008, 07:03
Sounds like a lot of fuss about very little...this is nearly 2009 after all. What year was it that John Lennon and Yoko Ono did the full frontal record cover or whatever it was? Long time ago anyway. But prudishness hangs on. Anyway, if it gets them some publicity and much needed dosh, fair play to them. :ok:

Barndweller
13th Oct 2008, 08:30
When the NHS actually starts paying a meaningful amount to operate these aircraft (yes i know they sometimes provide the paramedics) then they can start to whine about what goes on. Until then - Butt out! As for her complaining that people might think that these units are "having fun"... Heaven forbid anyone should have any of that!

Shakes head sadly...

KNIEVEL77
13th Oct 2008, 09:35
Barndweller,

In this age where the world falling apart I didn't think you were allowed to have fun.......in fact I had to go and look the word up in the dictionary!!!!:O

K77.

topendtorque
13th Oct 2008, 11:57
There's a clever graphics dude who visits here often,
maybe he'll come and lampoon in satire with his pen;

the sorts in their birthday suits
"having fun", doing their shoots!:mad:

Torqued nuts on heads, and angel wings
laid bare, I can't wait to see the fling.

No need for rotary technicalities this time,
just back to the basics with a dash of thymine

Pandalet
13th Oct 2008, 12:25
The risque bit, according to their 'expert opinion', seems to be that there is a naked male and naked female in the same shot and in their opinion is that this is way past the line of decency.

Bah, if you really want outcry about public decency, try having two naked women hugging in a shot. :hmm:

Hmm, wonder if the Herts ambucopter fancy doing a calendar too...

Whirlygig
13th Oct 2008, 12:41
Quite right too!! :ok: :}

We seem to have gone backwards - remember those halcyon days when nobody thought it odd that Morecambe & Wise shared a bed??

Cheers

Whirls

Jackonicko
13th Oct 2008, 13:23
What a shame that we have quite such a piecemeal and half-arsed Air Ambulance set up. Why is it that 'Les French' can have a properly organised, national air ambulance service in the form of SAMU (augmented by the Gendarmerie and Securite Civile) when we can't?

Bertie Thruster
13th Oct 2008, 13:41
piecemeal and half-arsed Air Ambulance set up

Jacko...do you mean the the entire set up or just the funding?

properly organised

You mean like the UK national helicopter Sar force is at the moment?

Jackonicko
13th Oct 2008, 18:34
No. I mean like the French.

Or like the UK SAR operation used to be, perhaps.

Bertie Thruster
14th Oct 2008, 09:25
properly organised, national air ambulance service

No point until;

1. There is a properly organised, national land ambulance service. (ie a service that is geared to the state of the casualty rather than the time of response)

2. UK hospitals stop turning their "landing areas" (you can't really call many of them 'helipads'! ) into car parks.

Non-PC Plod
14th Oct 2008, 12:14
But helipads dont generate revenue, so why would a hospital manager want one?...........:{