PDA

View Full Version : Statutory Retirement Age on bases

Apple Tree Yard
11th Oct 2008, 23:13
Are there any bases in the CX system that have age 65 due to age discrimination law? (please don't get into the argument for/against age 65, just curious about the above)

Kitsune
12th Oct 2008, 06:58
Just PM ACMS, I'm sure he'll know......:}

ACMS
12th Oct 2008, 13:45
Ahhh funny little POM.

I didn't think you guys had a sense of humour with all that stiff upper lip stuff.

Fly747
12th Oct 2008, 17:53
Well, new joiners to CXUK whether on the LHR base as DEFOs under CoS 08 or MAN base as DECs from KAUK have age 65 in their contracts.
Those who joined prior to 08 still have age 55 in their contracts, how can that be justified? Currently a case being brought before a UK Industrial Tribunal by someone who is being told he must retire at 55 to establish jurisdiction on this I believe.

Liam Gallagher
12th Oct 2008, 22:38
Playing devil's advocate.... you feel it's unfair that two people on the same base have 2 differing retirement ages and this somehow requires justification.

How does it differ from two people working in a bank (... not for much longer:8) and one is on a 2 year contract and the other a 5 year. Is that unfair or just the industry norm?

B-744
13th Oct 2008, 04:58
....or people on the same base, doing the same job: one on A-scale, one on B-scale....()....one on Z-scale.

stillalbatross
13th Oct 2008, 07:31
Or one guy pulling all the half decent birds at the pub leaving his mate just the ugly ones..................................:(

Liam Gallagher
13th Oct 2008, 07:53
If you stay long enough in the pub there are never any ugly ones.... I once went home with Sharon Stone and woke up with 20 Stone...

But she was under 65 (years not stone).. to keep it on thread....