PDA

View Full Version : BA staff arrested

BlueRay
11th Oct 2008, 21:35
BA staff arrested for 'selling 1m worth of plane tickets ?

In the current climate, with the load factor running so low and BA aircraft flying empty, you'd of thought they'd get an award for using their initiative.

Full article here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1076659/BA-staff-arrested-selling-1m-worth-plane-tickets-bucket-shop.html)

Carnage Matey!
11th Oct 2008, 21:42
Have you nothing better to do with your time?

draughtsman99
11th Oct 2008, 21:46
Have you nothing better to do with your time?
Are you suggesting this should not be reported because it concerns London Airways screwing up again??

By the way, why is this on the flight deck forum?

Getoutofmygalley
12th Oct 2008, 10:05
BUT DID BIRDSEED ACTUALLY LOSE MONEY?

If all the cheaper tickets were sold months in advance and only the more expensive tickets remained, what was the actual loadfactor for the flights involved? Did the 5000 tickets not sell to other genuine customers or did the planes fly half empty?

If the 5000 tickets actually sold then WW and the whole of Waterworld should be congratulating the staff members involved for increased profits and ensuring that the loadfactor was high on the flights concerned.

Now the bucket shop that bought all the 2000 tickets may not have sold all of them, so BA would win there because they would have had the 2000 for each ticket sold to the bucket shop and it's then the bucket shop who has the possibility of losing out if they don't seel all of the tickets they have bought.

Course, if Birdseed is kicking up such a fuss about this and it turns out that every ticket for the flight was actually sold, then Birdseed should donate the profits made to charity!

BlueRay
12th Oct 2008, 11:09
Exactly my point 'getoutofmygalley' but then staff using their initiative at BA has always been a no no.

But who exactly is birdseed? Or am i missing the point?

Getoutofmygalley
12th Oct 2008, 15:00
It's a nickname for British Airways.

Ok, it's unethical but I don't see the need to arrest people. Perhaps give a damned good talking too and take disciplinary action but not arrest (and obviously get all parties involved to donate all profits to a suitable charity).

Carnage Matey!
12th Oct 2008, 15:05
Of course, no need to arrest anyone. Lets just tell everyone that if you commit fraud then a stern telling off is enough as long as you donate all your fraudulent profits to charity. I'm off to fire up my counterfeit 20 note printer.:ugh:

TartinTon
12th Oct 2008, 15:22
Who's perpetuated a fraud here? BA has done this for years with "preferred" agents. The large business agents like Amex/Carlson get prefereed rates to which they add a "management fee". The management fee could be 5 or 1000 depending on what price BA is selling the tickets for at the time. This is the price the passenger pays as BA no longer pays commission. The only difference here is that it wasn't a BA "pet" agency and BA has got it's knickers in a twist as the agent is probably advertising to undercut BA.

Typical legacy carrier bull***t and the reason why Ryans and Easy take BA to the cleaners on shorthaul flights.

Carnage Matey!
12th Oct 2008, 15:34
BA have the right to sell, or not sell, their seats via any agency they choose. If you don't like the price BA charge there is ALWAYS an alternative. To suggest that is some sort of fraud is patently ridiculous. This is not a case of Robin Hood selling off cheap tickets on the open market to skint travellers. It's more like somebody at the Porsche factory nicking cars from the storage yard, hoping nobody notices then selling them on to an accomplice on the local second hand market before pocketing the profits.

Incidentally in what way do Ryanair and Easyjet take BA to the cleaners on short haul? Whenever I want to fly anyway commercially I find BA very competitively priced.

BlueRay
12th Oct 2008, 15:34
how funny, carnage matey is in here too, chasing around after the negative ba threads. I hope they're paying you overtime for working on a sunday. Or are you getting time of in lieu, because they can't afford to pay your exorbitant wage bill and pension pot!

Me thinks you and your pals in the brand protect department are going to be awful busy this week.

Back on thread, exactly as i said only difference in this instance is not a prefered agent. Looks like ba want to control everything. And yes another reason they are being ass whooped by easy jet and ryan air. When he gets into the long haul market next year its night night ba and beds and blow jobs all the way!

Carnage Matey!
12th Oct 2008, 15:39
Woo hoo! An insult for me too from Blue Ray. Now I've know I've made it in the big world! Given that your last post is frankly a senseless ramble it looks like the stress is getting to you. I can't imagine the BA press office are going to be too worried on Tuesday morning. Probably another slow news day.

BlueRay
12th Oct 2008, 15:50
Carnage, you must feel so relieved after coming clean about being part of the BA press dept. I guess you'll be attending;PR, Social Networking And Blogging In Practicehttp://www.haymarketevents.com/conferenceDetail/289You really need to brush up on your skills, see you there.

Carnage Matey!
12th Oct 2008, 16:02
Another insult and another senseless ramble from BR, true to form. Slow news day Tuesday. There'll be nothing new in your beloved TV show and it won't even feature in Tuesdays press, apart from maybe a review of last nights TV.