PDA

View Full Version : JAA to FAA - How do you do it?????

andreblor
11th Oct 2008, 20:31
Hi all,

Just a quick question - as the title of the thread states - I currently hold JAA fATPL (A) & (H) and i was wondering how to convert them to FAA.

I know it will involve exams etc. can these be done from this side of the pond?

Also same q. ref flight test.

many thanks in advance,

keep safe.

A

Pixie Queen
29th Oct 2008, 03:51
Try FAA.GOV that might be a place to start. BUT....
Why the hell would you even need to do that though??????
Most of the world outside the usa, you can get a flying job with 200 hours and a JAA license. Even with a couple thousand hours your still in a learning mode but you at least have a job flying 340's for Lufthansa. As opposed to 8000 hours and an FAA license but couldn't pass a European flight test.:ugh:

tbavprof
29th Oct 2008, 04:08
As opposed to 8000 hours and an FAA license but couldn't pass a European flight test

Bul:mad:t!:=

perceval
30th Oct 2008, 08:19
simple , written test (1) . FAA medical , Practical Test similar to a tough IR (varies a bit depending on type of A/C and examiner ) if you do it on a generic airplane or Type rating test if you do it on A/C requiring a TR (above 12,5t...) . You could do the flying test without prep but I recommend at least one training flight to know what to look for .
and for the comedian earlier : stop thinking JAA licences=good pilot .It's just a tough exam process , not a guarantee of flying skills which anyway will depend on individual abilities .And they are meant for AVERAGE guys , not astronauts .