PDA

View Full Version : Staging a Sick-Out

controlledCHAOS
10th Oct 2008, 23:21
Many things have changed for the worse since the last time we took industrial actions against Cathay Pacific Airways. In the past few years particularly we have seen some very disturbing events which came about from the greed of our managers.

I think it's time the AOA organized something to deal with Cathay Pacific to take back what is ours.

It's time for a sick-out. We need to introduce Chaos, in a controlled way.

Feather Boa
11th Oct 2008, 02:35
Cc

Your a Genius.

Perfect timing for industrial action!!!

Read the papers, watch a bit of TV. Some of us will be lucky to have a job in 6-9 months!

Fx

411A
11th Oct 2008, 04:02
It's always the same, Feather Boa, guys engage mouth (or fingers, typing) prior to engaging brain.
The time for 'industrial action' is when times are good, not sinking like a falling safe.
IF the guys at CX are lucky, they will just avoid another 49ers fiasco.
Maybe.:}

controlledCHAOS
11th Oct 2008, 04:09
Does it really matter at CX if time is bad or good? We have gotten pay cuts and bonuses slashed in each of previous years "record profits".

If anything, it's better to hit them while they're hurting. Maximize the damage.

411A
11th Oct 2008, 04:42
If anything, it's better to hit them while they're hurting

Right.
If you're lucky, the postage rates will go down at the same time so it will be cheaper for the company to send out the next batch of 49er letters.:}

Feather Boa
11th Oct 2008, 04:48
CC

"hit them while they're hurting"

All you will end up doing is giving them justifiable reason(!) to sack you when they have a surplus of pilots, saving CX redundancy packages.

I'm thinking it might be just you and the guys on the back of your motorbike that will be sicking out.

Fx

controlledCHAOS
11th Oct 2008, 04:52
411a,

That's not real classy. Is it necessary to remind us of that? Not that any of us has forgotten the unfortunate event.

airbusa330
11th Oct 2008, 05:35
''Hit them whilst they are hurting?''They pay you dont they?Why dont you just leave.....And you call yourself a professional.More like a person that has lost touch with the real world.It's the likes of you that probably like to stir the pot and then complain for being targeted.

Bulls***t mate you and the likes of you deserve every ounce of it.
No one gets fired for nothing. There are certain parts of the world that breeds ambivalent dingbats that are just plainly insatiable no matter what the time of day.

Do us all a favor and get a job with V.

777300ER
11th Oct 2008, 05:40
That's not real classy. Is it necessary to remind us of that? Not that any of us has forgotten the unfortunate event.

Classy? Looking at your previous threads, you're one to talk...

controlledCHAOS
11th Oct 2008, 06:01
''Hit them whilst they are hurting?''They pay you dont they?Why dont you just leave.....And you call yourself a professional.More like a person that has lost touch with the real world.It's the likes of you that probably like to stir the pot and then complain for being targeted.

Bulls***t mate you and the likes of you deserve every ounce of it.
No one gets fired for nothing. There are certain parts of the world that breeds ambivalent dingbats that are just plainly insatiable no matter what the time of day.

Do us all a favor and get a job with V.You sound like a typical b@llless Cathay pilot that whines about everything but when it's time for action you crawl back into your little hole. Management wins, yet again!

They pay me? As far as I'm concern, they've been stealing from me since I showed up in Adelaide.

Leave? I prefer to stick around to stir the pot. It's more fun to be in their hair.

iceman50
11th Oct 2008, 08:47
CC when did you join CX because you seem to have your head in the sand!:ugh::ugh:

airbusa330
11th Oct 2008, 09:18
A well informed and thought out reply from CC, so lets hear it:

What other job beats CX especially in ADL or AUS?

Thought so.

''They pay me? As far as I'm concern, they've been stealing from me since I showed up in Adelaide.''

Who showed up in Adelaide again?

''Leave? I prefer to stick around to stir the pot. It's more fun to be in their hair''.

Fun? Need I comment further.

As for the rest of your ill directed comments,need we comment further on your feeble character?

Old Fella
11th Oct 2008, 11:24
If controlledCHAOS is employed by CX, or indeed is a pilot, his rantings just go to show that sometimes pre-employment screening is not perfect. He accuses others of being "Ball-less Cathay Pilots" whilst at the same time making almost incoherent posts. All I want to say is that I am thankful I never had to operate with anyone who could come close to being as irrational as CHAOS.

Dragon69
11th Oct 2008, 12:41
airbusa330 and the rest of your cowards!

Someone utters the word sickout and you guys tremble in fear. If I had a dollar for everytime I heard some imbecile say "if you don't like it just leave" I would be a millionaire now. Tell you what, if airlines weren't seniority based, rest assured CX wouldn't have a single experienced pilot working for them. But reality is it's not as simple as leaving.

You cower at the thought of some sort of contract compliance and would rather take it up the a@@ rather than do something about it, and you criticize someone else for having a feeble character :yuk:

Seeing how we have had more abuse of our CoS during a period when we showed nothing but good will, and during a period when the airline made record profits, like it or not eventually we are going to have to take action, but I am guessing when the time comes you will be hiding underneath your mommy's skirt.

volarecantare
11th Oct 2008, 13:36
CC, grow up son. Have you EVER been happy? There are MANY out there that would actually be greatfull and appreciate your job. I wonder have you ever actually worked in any other industry or any other airline for that matter? Have you actually anything to compare your position to. This attitude of "hurt them when they are low" is infantile. Its only ourselves that we are hurting if we staged such action now. Its time some of your more mature "mates" put the likes of you in your place.

controlledCHAOS
11th Oct 2008, 18:09
If I was AOA president. This airline would have shut down long time ago. But of course, our president is a management suck-up who is angling for a position on the 3rd floor at YOUR expense. Time to take back what is ours.

Conditions are worsen each passing day, Cathay knows our fear and they strike us where it hurts us most. How much more of this crap are we going to sit here and take? And no, I'm not leaving this place. I've put in too many years and endured too many ERAS reports to walk away now.

But it's true, Cathay is really smart, they hire us from places with weak airline industry and they know we have no where else to go back to. They can abuse us and the fear of losing the lucrative CX job is enough for us to take whatever they give, with a smile and a thank you each time.

Attack me if you want, but look yourself in the mirror next time you think you got screwed.

JoeShmoe
11th Oct 2008, 19:07
..."If I were the AOA President"...

So I take it that we'll see you putting your name forward for the next election?

Yeah right:yuk:

controlledCHAOS
11th Oct 2008, 19:13
I have too strong back bones to be AOA president....And I don't kiss-a$$..these two qualities are automatic disqualification of said position.

So I take it that we'll see you putting your name forward for the next election?

cpdude
11th Oct 2008, 19:30
I show up...do my job and go home. Nothing more and nothing less.

People should just stop doing more then they are contracted to do.;)

411A
11th Oct 2008, 20:16
People should just stop doing more then they are contracted to do

An ideal solution, and works every time.
Fly to the contract, the company, dispite their objections, cannot demand more.

In the case of CX, however, from what I'm told...keep your head low and do NOT stick out like a sore thumb.

All things considered, good advice in nearly any airline company.:rolleyes:

Grivation
12th Oct 2008, 00:12
Contract compliance - JUST DO IT :ok:

People speak about it like it's some sort of industrial action. Why would you do more than what you're paid to do?

abc1
12th Oct 2008, 00:43
CC perhaps you can go and join your mates at VAus,as they are in desperate need of what you have to offer.No doubt they too will be mighty p****d off once they start flying the line ,but are they staying away?No.
But blokes like you who join on conjecture rather than fact have no one to blame for the ensuing rancor and moral depression.

Old Fella
12th Oct 2008, 00:51
The statement by controlledCHAOS that had he been AOA President Cathay would have shut down a long time ago is probably one of the best reasons he has not ever been AOA President. What an attitude "Shut down the airline and we will all be better off". As for not leaving because he has put too many years in already begs the question "Just how much have you put in"? With employees who are prepared to feign illness or otherwise try and wreak havoc, or should that be chaos, it is no wonder CX can be tough. Wake up CHAOS and be a bit positive. You just might find your life will be a lot happier.

controlledCHAOS
12th Oct 2008, 01:07
The statement by controlledCHAOS that had he been AOA President Cathay would have shut down a long time ago is probably one of the best reasons he has not ever been AOA President. .Agree or disagree.....Should the union president be buddy-buddy with management?

Everytime (I've lost count) we get shafted by management, our lame president comes back with the "looks like they got us again this time, boys".

Quite sick of how things are handled by the AOA inactions. Time to strike, Time to take back what is ours!

controlledCHAOS
12th Oct 2008, 01:11
Why would you do more than what you're paid to do?......FEAR.....

cpdude
12th Oct 2008, 01:59
Fear? Fear of what? Saying no when you are entitled to say no?

Sounds like your own inability to stand up for yourself and not getting pressured into doing things you don't have to. Such as "G" days...just say no thanks. You don't need some fabricated story why you can't.

Bottom line...you should be more afraid of why you feel fear!:bored:

controlledCHAOS
12th Oct 2008, 02:39
CPDUDE,

Guys do it because of the merit upgrade system that we (they) have in place. They are fearful of the review board and what might come before the members of the STAR-CHAMBER if they don't act as "good boys" during their time in Cathay. So doing favors to CC is just another way to "kiss@$$" to get to the top.

Unfortunately, saying NO isn't an option for most guys, they are scared $hitless of telling CX the "NO" word. Some guys turn off their mobiles on their G days, because they are afraid if contacted, they will have to say NO...Some guys will have 2 mobile phones, 1 for work, 1 for play. So that CC can't get a hold of them...They rather pay 2 phone bills than telling Cathay Pacific the word NO.

My friends, these people are truly pathetic. Bad part is Cathay knows it and is exploiting it!

I say again>>>>>FEAR!!

cpdude
12th Oct 2008, 03:08
You get no favors from CX for being helpful! You will however be dealt with should you become a problem for them.

Again, know your FTL's, know when and how to say no. Don't be rude but be polity firm when you refuse to work on G days or for unreasonable requests.

There is NO REASON to fear employment with CX.:)

volarecantare
12th Oct 2008, 06:56
Controlled Chaos, Your statement that if you "were the AOA president the airline would have shut down long ago" leads me to seriously question your intelligence, mentality, sincerity and at worst emotional stability. If your ultimate objective is to shut down your employer, it must be QED that you wish to NOT to be working for Cathay then please do us all a favour...It is worrying that you may actually be parading as a professional pilot.

about_to_jump
12th Oct 2008, 19:11
I think he's a management windup dummy, testing the waters ...

controlledCHAOS
12th Oct 2008, 19:14
I think he's a management windup dummy, testing the waters ...Yes my friend, continue to live in fear. That's their game plan.

Arfur Dent
13th Oct 2008, 16:25
Actually, you don't have to say 'no' if you can't be contacted. If you accidentally answer the phone and it's Crew Control, just say you can't find the person they're looking for and don't know where he/she is or when they'll be back.
Easy - works for me!:ok:

Grivation
14th Oct 2008, 01:29
or grow some balls and say "no, sorry, not interested, it's my day off" :ok:

so_tired
14th Oct 2008, 17:49
i reckon grivation and cp dude are on the right track here. just say no!

i helped out the company once... and i got shafted on my very next roster as thanks. that was also the last time i helped them out.

for a year or so, i politely declined when asked to do a favour. i haven't been called on a 'g' day or an 'o' day for about 8 years since. not once! i also know for a fact, crew control's computer shows that i don't work on 'g' days. and, my career progression has not been hindered in any way whatsoever.

so, you see... there is nothing to FEAR, captain chaos!

contract compliance is easy!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

:zzz: