PDA

View Full Version : A quick favour from anyone flying in Abu Dhabi please

WX Man
10th Oct 2008, 19:51
I'd like to ask a favour for anyone flying in or around Abu Dhabi at the moment.

I'm trying to make a video of some flying that I did around there, and as part of the soundtrack I'd like the ATIS from OMAA.

I did get a recording, but it's corrupted. I was wondering if anyone could simply record the first few lines of the ATIS- you know, the high pitched, speeded up Arabic voice saying "this is: Abu Dhabi International Airport...".

Just something recorded on a mobile phone will do. Not too fussed about quality because it'll all get processed anyway.

So, if anyone has a spare hand to record it when copying it down, and a spare 5 minutes to email it to me afterwards, I would MUCH appreciate it!

For what it's worth, the video will feature footage taken from the calibration aircraft that was there in August, commissioning the new ILSs for 31R/13L.

Big thanks in advance- I'll make sure there'll be a drink waiting for you in Hemingways or Trader Vic's, if that's your thing!

Sal-e
10th Oct 2008, 22:46
Forget the OMAA ATIS, the robotic voice sounds like a Nazi...the worst sounding ATIS in the entire region!!

WX Man
11th Oct 2008, 12:43
I know! That's what I find funny about it, which is why I wanted to include it in the vid that I'm concocting.

Ali Baba
13th Oct 2008, 13:01
Ask DHL they can do it in 2 hourls. good luck mate:ugh:

VARIG737
16th Oct 2008, 09:14
Wx man,

Check your PM.:ok:

Rgds

boeingcrap
19th Oct 2008, 21:00
Dude, I'm flying next on the 21st so I should be able to get a recording for you on my phone.