PDA

View Full Version : ZoneAlarm...send to sleep?

squeakmail
23rd May 2000, 09:01
Thanks for the answers to my "System tray...grrr" thread - now a slight divergence.

ZoneAlarm has its little (boring!) icon sat in the system tray - constantly. Is there a configuration I can apply to make ZoneAlarm run only when the PC is connected to the internet (or am I missing something important?).

Just wanted to clear up some of that expensive RAM, that's all.

------------------
Animals...it's their World too!!

MAX REVERSE
23rd May 2000, 11:36
No.

You can shut down ZoneAlarm - right click the system tray icon, click on shutdown and OK the warning message. Start it up again via the Start Menu icon - it starts up windowed. Click on the X to send it to the system tray.

There is a setting to stop ZA starting automatically when Windoze starts - I'll get back to you with that later.

[This message has been edited by MAX REVERSE (edited 23 May 2000).]

Ausatco
23rd May 2000, 18:26
Left click the tray icon, uncheck "Load ZoneAlarm at startup", left click the X (top right of the window). Restart. That should do it.

AA

[This message has been edited by Ausatco (edited 23 May 2000).]

MAX REVERSE
24th May 2000, 11:35
Ta.

squeakmail
24th May 2000, 16:11
Thanks for all that....but which guru can come up with a hidden (behind the scenes - auto start) feature that would automatically open and start zonealarm when the machine was connecting to the internet and/or mailboxes?

Somebody knows how to do it. Computers only do what they are told (bit like my dog, really!!).

------------------
Animals...it's their World too!!

FL310
26th May 2000, 00:19
If you use ICQ there is an easy way since it can start other applications on detecting a connection.

Narada
27th May 2000, 01:54
Try the program at

http://www.miclone.com.au/launchbar.htm

I haven't used it, but it seems to do what you are looking for. I am sure there are a few other programs like that out there as well.

[This message has been edited by Narada (edited 26 May 2000).]