PDA

View Full Version : Pegasus Airlines

roden737
9th Oct 2008, 10:38
Hi people,

I am planning on going to Pegasus Airlines and hoped that there are some people on this forum who are currently flying at Pegasus or have completed there line training over there and give me some info on the selection and the line training.
Thanks!

Warlock1
9th Oct 2008, 17:21
as far as I was informed a week ago, they have put a freeze on all new line training programs and they dont hire for now

fadedfootpaths
9th Oct 2008, 17:54
I got a msg from them saying, there was a TR and Line Training program starting in November(probable starting date is the 10th)
:rolleyes:

Warlock1
10th Oct 2008, 11:17
I guess your best bet is to call'em up directly cause I received an email from their head of training last week stating the freeze on the hiring and training. He also mentioned that they were gonna post this info on their website aswell.

roden737
10th Oct 2008, 12:07
I had contact with them yesterday and she did not mention any freeze on the line training I really hope this isn't the case cause I'm pretty much running out of options here but thanks for the replies an I'll keep you guy's posted.

roden737
13th Oct 2008, 12:01
I'm hoping for a contract with Pegasus, if not I am on the market with 100hrs and then Jet airways in India is a option.
Is there anyone here flying for pegasus in the past or present??
Thanks!

fadedfootpaths
13th Oct 2008, 14:54
Jet Airways?? Did you just say that?? Well, Indian DGCA passed a rule this June that no F/O can be a foreigner:=. the right side seats are exclusively for the Indian citizens. And right now, there are a lot of indians already in India with a B737 type and 100 hours or more and they are unemployed. Not to mention a few SpiceJet pilots who were recently kicked out.

Good Luck:E

snoepys
15th Oct 2008, 23:52
Anyone know how i can apply to Pegasus,anyone got an email address for them?Anyone on here from Jet X Primera?

myriakephalon
18th Oct 2008, 11:15
www.pegasusflightacademy.com

roden737
20th Oct 2008, 20:45
Well, I'm going to try this one more time, is there anyone with experience regarding Pegasus, as it seems I have a interview there this month but no date yet...
Please let me know if you have any info regarding the interview process and or for the line training either public or pm.
Thanks!

snoepys
11th Nov 2008, 17:30
If theres anybody on here who currently works for Pegasus mail me,i would like to talk with yee.

I'm Off!
11th Nov 2008, 18:57
Are you guys paying to go fly for an airline?? Man, that's just wrong.

fadedfootpaths
11th Nov 2008, 19:10
Are you guys paying to go fly for an airline?? Man, that's just wrong.

Da:mad:d Rich Kids!! I wish my daddy had a million bucks on his account, but unfortunately NO!:ugh::ugh:and even if he had a million, I would use my brain:ok::ok::ok:

arsilva
11th Nov 2008, 19:46
thats indeed wrong! but thats how that airline works

snoepys
11th Nov 2008, 22:55
I was just wondering if these guys were recruiting,i have no intention of paying to fly with them

DC-8
12th Nov 2008, 12:19
was just wondering if these guys were recruiting

Pegasus has already stopped recruiting for this winter as far as I know. More vacancies would become available during spring, giving prefence to the guys who are still completing their line training programs successfully and Turkish Airforce pilots, as it is obvious.

arsilva
12th Nov 2008, 19:22
You pay to fly, there's no doubt about that.

The difference is Pegasus does not garantuee a job after the course, so, this can not be called recruitment. This is a flight school for TR.

So, why to pay 25000€ for a TR if there's not a job after it?

thanks but there are better opportunities!

chrislikesblue
15th Nov 2008, 19:50
No need to worry about the interview or asssesment,its basically a chance for them to meet you and talk about the training and line training scheme,i havent heard of anyone who failed it.
The training and instructors are very good,you can be benefited but you should take some considerations first.
When you have a talk with the training manager make sure you make everything clear eitherwise you are going to be surprised later when its going to cost you a lot more from what you planned.
First important thing ask him about the length of time (type rating,time to get work permit and line training),a fair estimate is 6 months.(6 months without salary!!)
Also ask him in details what you are going to be charged for line training,when it will be completed and if possible to show you the line training contract eitherwise you will have a big surprise!You wont be told anything about extra line training costs but you will be given a contract to sign when you are already commited after they received money for your type rating and at the end they might ask you for more money.
Another advice i could give you is that if you are finally engaged in Pegasus keep looking for alternate employment at all times,they do not guarantee employment but even if they say during your line training that you will be given a short contract do not count on this,you can be thrown out.Last and most important thing,DO NOT TALK.Expressing an opinion,complaining or even talking to your coleagues is not tolerated,you will realize when you are there what i mean.Basically they are not fans of democracy,just like their governments.But i guess thats not only in Pegasus,dont forget you will be living in a country that is not famous for their democratic values.
These are the main considerations,if you play your cards right you can win.
Your decision,i wish you good luck!

sunturk1
30th Nov 2008, 15:47
Hi all,

It is very clear. If you are not up to standard they let you go, just like in any other company. Some people seem to think that paying for the rating and line training automatically gives them the right to have a 1 year contract. To my knowledge it only happened once (since the start of the line training scheme), that people with contracts didn't get a new contract at the end of the summer. This was last winter. So to put it clear once more. You do the rating. You do line training and line check. İf they are happy with you they give you a 1 year contract. This can be renewed every year as long as there is a need for pilots.

PS. Some people apparently feel the need to start a political discussion here about democratics. Please don't comment on things which have nothing to do with the situation at Pegasus Airlines.

Grtz

chrislikesblue
2nd Dec 2008, 15:11
'It is very clear. If you are not up to standard they let you go, just like in any other company'.

It is very clear also that this is a flight school mentality,definetely not airline mentality.Many serious companies when they train someone they do it because they have already given him a contract,they dont make experiments with peoples careers ,use them for 3-4 months,recycle them and then use the next ones,open ur eyes a bit,look outside Turkey and u will see what im talking about.
If you think political situation in a country is not relevant to a discussion about an airline company you must be naive or very young.Everything is relative,even the air we breathe has to do with politics.
Why is this product of 'line training ' that Pegasus sells not offered in most countries in Europe for example,this has no relation to politics?Or do you think only Pegasus had this clever idea?
Do you think a company for example that does not offer pension or does not follow precisely duty limitations would be allowed to operate in Europe?This is also not relevant to politics?How is the situation in Pegasus or Turkey in general in this matter,you must know better...

sunturk1
3rd Dec 2008, 14:40
'It is very clear also that this is a flight school mentality,definetely not airline mentality.Many serious companies when they train someone they do it because they have already given him a contract,they dont make experiments with peoples careers ,use them for 3-4 months,recycle them and then use the next ones,open ur eyes a bit,look outside Turkey and u will see what im talking about.'
So let me ask you a question then. How many people do you know, that were used for a couple of months and then thrown out? I am not talking about a couple of guys who failed line checks or training was stopped due to poor performance.

'If you think political situation in a country is not relevant to a discussion about an airline company you must be naive or very young.Everything is relative,even the air we breathe has to do with politics.'
What you are saying is that the political situation in Turkey is the reason that Pegasus is doing the line training scheme or what? As far as I know Pegasus is a private company. The only company greatly influenced by political interests is Turkish Airlines.

'Why is this product of 'line training ' that Pegasus sells not offered in most countries in Europe for example,this has no relation to politics?Or do you think only Pegasus had this clever idea?'
Not offered in other countries in Europe? I think you should do your homework a little bit better. About one hour of surfing on the internet well tell you that in MOST countries in Europe line training hours are for sale. Admitted, not always on B737 or A320.
BTW. How many companies in Europe are asking there new pilots to pay for the type rating? A lot.
And for a company who is not asking you to pay upfront, they are bonding you and give you a starting salary which is just enough to make ends meet. Just look around what the starting salary is of a new FO in Europe. Then look at what Pegasus pays... you get my point I believe.

'Do you think a company for example that does not offer pension or does not follow precisely duty limitations would be allowed to operate in Europe?This is also not relevant to politics?How is the situation in Pegasus or Turkey in general in this matter,you must know better...'
No pension? Wrong again. The company pays the compulsory social security fees and taxes to the Turkish government for EVERY pilot. This includes pension, health care.... Duty limitations? If you are really flying for Pegasus I am curious to know how many times FTL's were exceeded in your case. I am pretty sure the answer will be 0. If it is not 0 it is even worse because it is your responsability to report this to the company so that they can take the necessary steps.
Agreed this is not the case in all Turkish companies.

jamesIST
4th Dec 2008, 09:57
Have to agree with Sunturk1. I have been here almost a year now and i have never exceeded duty time limitations. You come pretty close maybe once or twice in the summer but never more. As long as you work hard and show respect its a decent place to work. Happy Landings :ok:

DC-8
6th Dec 2008, 21:22
I've been flying in Pegasus for more than one year as well, and I must agree with JamesIST that it's a nice airline to work for.

It has its own maintenance department, which from my point of view is every good and above many other EU airlines standars. Captains are in general very experienced, it is not unusual to fly with guys with more than 10000 or 15000 hours... and 90% of them are coming from the Airforce. Fleet is growing progessively with the incorporation of brand new 738's. They are aiming to be the 2nd biggest airline in Turkey after Turkish Airlines in a few years. Pegasus is also an IATA member, and has the IOSA certification, wich means they meet all minimum safety requirements stablished by IATA. Salary is also very good. An F/O may make more than 3500 euros easily, which is more than what you take in many other EU airlines, and cost of living in Turkey is cheaper than in Europe.

Why is this product of 'line training ' that Pegasus sells not offered in most countries in Europe for example,this has no relation to politics?Or do you think only Pegasus had this clever idea?

Well, I disagree with that. Line training programs are offered almost in every European countries... Spain, UK, Italy... so Pegasus is not the only one.

bluesfresh
7th Dec 2008, 11:06
well...this forum is not the right place for sponsoring an airline company`s type rating market or school...i mean should be the place where the truth comes before everything...and following this thread look like if u pass the line check, you receive as a gift one year contract..
is not like this everytime. be aware!
there are also guys who passed their line checks, and after the summer season finished, they left the company cause the contract was over...
otherwise the flight academy will stop!

chrislikesblue
7th Dec 2008, 12:04
We just express our opinion,i dont think personally this company is a serious company.Sunturk and DC-8 seem to be happy with the airline,its a democratic forum,thats their opinion,no reason to argue.

bluesfresh
7th Dec 2008, 12:44
ye no reason to make argue...be democratic guys!
now they will block pprune...as they did with youtube

sunturk1
7th Dec 2008, 14:27
Isnt it strange? All the negative posts about Pegasus seem to come from people who are not flying for them or from people who didn't get employed by them.
And just to let you know. Some people get an extension every year. So long term employment is possible.

And true. This shouldn't be the place to advertise but it also shouldn't be a place where people who clearly have no clue about what is happening within the airline ventilate their ill-informed opinions.
You can have an opinion about the pro's and con's about paying for line training in general. But if you start accusing a company about non compliance with Flight time duty limitations for example, that is a bridge too far. Especially if you are not working for them.

chrislikesblue
7th Dec 2008, 17:23
Isnt it strange?All the Pegasus admirers seem to be people who are working for Pegasus!
But you are right,i might not be the expert about flight duty limitations in Pegasus and if they are being kept or not according to JAA standards.I just want to ask something that i am very curious to know regarding the calculation of duty time.This is not only relevant to Pegasus,its for my personal knowledge,anyone who works in other airlines is wellcome to comment on this.
A pilot that gets pick up by the company bus 2 (at the minimum) or 3 hours before the departure time and arrives home after the flight 2(at the minimum) or 3 hours after the blocks on arrival time how should his duty time be calculated?Shouldnt he add these extra 4 (at the minimum) or 6 hours to the total duty time?Duty time should start from the moment of pick up,isnt it?I remember some duty calculation tables of Pegasus had some different figures,like for example duty starts 1 or 1 h 30 min before flight and ends 1 hour after,how can this be justified?It seems to me that there are 2-3 hours of duty missing from this calculation or i could be wrong,i am not going to insist on this.

Phileas Fogg
7th Dec 2008, 21:44
There are no JAR 'standards' regarding FTL's, it is, or was, for each operator to submit their FTL's to their authority for approval.

However, and in the several FTL schemes I was accustomed to, travel between hotel and airports is not duty, that said the journey time should be within a specified time frame, perhaps 1 hour in each direction, and, if I recall correctly, anything in excess of 1 hour still doesn't count of duty but needs to be added to the subsequent rest period.

And ..... I don't work for Pegasus!

Think about it ..... everybody, in any profession, travels to their place of work but they're not on duty, nor being paid, as soon as they step out of the front door of their home or place of accommodation!

I've a feeling that if one google's for CAA CAP371 then they might be able to read the UK CAA interpretation of this, the UK CAA call it 'travelling time'.

Flying Frenchman 2000
14th Dec 2008, 20:58
Hi all,

After my type rating with SFA. I did my base training with Pegasus last august.

Due to the lack of work for low houred type rated pilots I am finally considering doing line training.

Does anyone have information on the Pegasus line training scheme and the possibility of work with them?

Any info would be welcome,

Many thanks.

bluesfresh
17th Dec 2008, 16:44
u can buy 100 hours line training for 7500 euro, turkish licence validation included.
Then if u re lucky u get a mickey mouse contract for two or three months...

IRISHPILOT
18th Dec 2008, 11:05
Bollocks. If you knew anything about contracts with Pegasus, then you would know that Turkey has had mutual recognition for years.

BF, you have only ever posted on this thread, but have not been anywhere near Pegasus: I worked as a contractor for them years ago and my JAR ATPL was just as acceptable to the Turkish CAA, as is the Turkish JAA ATPL to the IAA.

As you must have seen the contract offered, you may want to share with us what the Disney aspect is?

cheers IP

Phileas Fogg
18th Dec 2008, 12:16
Despite Turkey being JAR the Turkish authority insist that every non Turkish JAR license be validated by them and I know this for fact.

chrislikesblue
19th Dec 2008, 03:38
I confirm this also,all JAA licenses are validated by Turkish authorities at a cost of 1500 Euro,Pegasus is taking care of this.
Flying Frenchman you might have a chance for a short contract after your line training since the other expats are recycled,almost all of them that started flying in summer are out now so there is place for the next batch.
One of them actually got a contract for one year and after a few days they took it back from him,what a nice professional attitude!

Flying Frenchman 2000
22nd Dec 2008, 14:23
Thanks,

Judging by the way my base training was conducted it doesn't really surprise me.
I'm also considering Eagle jet, but to be honest I would rather avoid all of those schemes.....especially if you don't even get a job at the end.

Anyway Eagle jet replied within 24 hours, a week later I am still waiting for a reply from Pegasus, strange considering they offerded me line training last summer.

Hope something else comes up before spring.

Merry Christmas to all.

chrislikesblue
23rd Dec 2008, 08:50
Probably Pegasus is confused between choosing to be an airline or a flight school,hung on a bit,if they dont reply in my opinion you shouldnt waste time,just go with Eaglejet.I know its more expensive but wasting time is expensive too.

chrislikesblue
24th Dec 2008, 13:25
The new training scheme of Pegasus i bet will be line training package for captains after this incident they had,anyone interested to buy captain hours is wellcome to apply!

Mit Heck auf der Rollbahn aufgesetzt\n - Panorama - WDR.de (http://www.wdr.de/themen/panorama/unfall07/koeln_bonn_flugzeug/index.jhtml)

bluesfresh
27th Dec 2008, 17:51
is not the first time for a captain from antalya!
but can happen u know!

Phileas Fogg
27th Dec 2008, 18:46
Yes,

AYT has a significant dip in the runway thus I guess if rotating just coming out of the dip then the tail would be closing on the incline of the runway surface.

flymetothemoon06
29th Dec 2008, 15:07
Hello all! I have been invited to an assessment for Pegasus in January and just wondered, on a lighter note, if anyone who currently works for them would like to share their experience of moving to and living in Turkey? Did anyone else who originates from the UK find this daunting? Was the job of finding accommodation tricky? Thanks for the replies guys xxx

FrankAbagnale
9th Feb 2009, 22:35
Anyone got some info about the interview?...I have got one next week.
Plus, easiest way to get to IST from SAW?
Any current PEGASUS guys please share your views.:cool:

panam100
10th Feb 2009, 12:06
Hi are you going for the interview regarding line training or the type rating?
From SAW to istanbul get the bus just located outside the terminal cost only 10 TL.
It will take you to Taksim.
From there Get the funikular, as they call it, is only 1 stop. Then get the tram. Get off at the
last stop.
There you have the metro I would suggest to go to yenibosna and get the taxi to your hotel.
It should take you 3 hrs.
The yenibosna hotel very basic but with free internet and only 50 TL compared to the radisson 60 EUR.

I also suggest to avoid taxi for long journeys as they are not very honest.
From SAW to yenibosna, or near Pegasus headqaurter, they will charge you at least
100 EUR

Good luck

olivier-weber
10th Feb 2009, 16:50
Hi everyone !

Just some questions.
Do you know Aircrew Training Center ? Because they propose you a type rating + 100H line training with Pegasus Airlines. If all is doing fine you're offered a first officer position till the end of november. It costs you about 27000 euros.

Do you know if it's reliable ?

invisiblemoon
10th Feb 2009, 19:26
Pegasus a plus de besoins en personnels l'été et après la saison ils te renverront chez toi avec (peut-être) les heures promises ...

Tu ferais mieux de faire quelque chose d'intelligent plutôt que de baisser ta culotte et de payer pour travailler ...

FrankAbagnale
10th Feb 2009, 21:30
:sad:
:confused:
dude icao level 4

FO JimmieJames
16th Feb 2009, 22:49
Anyone know the best way to apply to Pegasus? Can't quite understand their Website recruitment page.

zakka
19th Feb 2009, 12:37
Best way is not to apply at all.

chrislikesblue
19th Feb 2009, 13:58
Best way to apply is to say the magic sentence 'i am very happy to work for free and pay you',they will be very impressed by your skills,you have immediately reserved a right seat on the 737 for the summer season.
Good luck.

arpansingla
21st Feb 2009, 19:53
Can someone who has been employed by Pegasus provide details as to the terms of their contract eg duration, salary, hours per month etc.

I understand they mostly offer year contracts which start in the summer?

PM if you prefer, thanks.

jamesIST
22nd Feb 2009, 05:19
jimmyjames and arp, drop me a pm and ill give you some info.

pgt100
7th Mar 2009, 21:04
I think there will be an other course on 16th March and 6th April. I saw some guys for interview on 6th March. I love Pegasus and highly recommend to all my friends who don' t have too much experiance.

Dougal McGuire
9th Mar 2009, 12:07
Great to get an unbiased opinion:)

manik
10th Mar 2009, 14:17
i attended the assessment a few weeks back, they seem like a sound airline, still not sure whether to start the training, as usual its a gamble

flyjoma
11th Mar 2009, 17:24
Does anyone have an idea about the total cost of training?(Type+line training)Thanks..

FrankAbagnale
11th Mar 2009, 22:40
26250 euros

aozc
23rd Mar 2011, 22:18
Does anyone have an update on the situation nowadays at pgs?

Sulo
24th Mar 2011, 02:15
I had a few friends from Portugal working at pegasus for a couple of years. It was a nice company to build up hours, but recently (last year) they formed a team with a turkish flight school to get their pilots from there. i went there personaly cuz my wife is turkish and i was planning to move up there but they were extremely NOT serious characters and they seemed just to want my cash in order to get me going for the type rating...in the end of the contract they just cut them loose with no scruples. im talkng about 7 or 8 portuguese guys that i know that were there... i dont think any stayed there... be careful..my experience was bad...they told me that pegasus was no longer valid for me cuz i was not turkish and they tried to get me into ISAIR which is a subsidiary or a sister company...something like that...but it was just for show...they wouldnt keep us foreigners also for long as i was told from people that worked there...my opinion is that they are extremely shady people...careful but take your own opinions...dont just go from me...

aozc
24th Mar 2011, 21:01
Thanks for your input Sulo,

Eventhough I'm a turkish national, I'm a little bit sceptic of trying to get an employment with them. My gut feeling is that they will sell a type rating and then give me the shaft.

Avenger
26th Mar 2011, 07:29
For what it is worth, one of our guys went to PGS, he had no real complaints about money etc, however, the roster was not stable and after 1 year he has left and gone to Sun Express. Apparently, well for Captains anyway, Sun Express is a good option, he did mention they have a lot of FOs in training, a mix of Dutch, Turkish and German. I understand they do the rating and bond the student. May be worth a look if they are still recruiting, of course there is DLR screening.

aozc
27th Mar 2011, 12:28
Yea SunExpress is excellent to work for but i failed with a very small marigin on the DLR-test (so did 4 of the 5 other candidates i attended the assessment together with). I will pass it next time I'm sure but there's a 12 month "probation" time before i can do it again so I'm looking elsewhere meanwhile.

TK and SXS seems to be regarded as the best airlines in Turkey to work for but PGS doesn't seem very bad either. My only worries is that they will sell me a TR and then show me the door. Do you have to pay for the line training aswell at Pegasus?

Ronand
27th Mar 2011, 15:29
Do u know if Sunexpress is still hiring, I passed the DLR and simulator for a different company, so I heard I do not need to do it again. Applied with sxs months ago and they requested a form to fill out I did that and then never heard back.

aozc
27th Mar 2011, 17:14
You will have to redo it I think, officially they aren't hiring any more FOs until early 2012, but my group were exempted. All of us are turkish nationals, I think that's why, because a friend of mine, non-turkish, applied at the same time and heard nothing at all either. Only the captains were "expats".

Avenger
28th Mar 2011, 08:47
Correct, No more FOs until 2012 but the German (SXD) is apparently looking if you speak German and meet the requirements.

aozc
28th Mar 2011, 10:34
Yes they asked me if I can learn german aswell if accepted. First rumor months ago was an Egyptian "subsidary" but the political situation in the country probably hindered that, now it seems like they will open up in Germany instead with the 3 new bikes arriving.

If you can pass the DLR-tests give it a try for sure! I fell very short but will have to wait another 12 months before I'm entitled to apply again they said. :ugh:

The last ones with expats that were invited that I know of were the chaps that did the DLR around new years eve 2010/2011. Since then all F/O candidates seem to have been Turkish except for the captains, where they still seem to hire aggressively, even people with no hours on type were on the interview for DEC-positions.

Ronand
28th Mar 2011, 13:25
How can I apply to the german SXD, I do speak german....