PDA

View Full Version : 102nd Red River Shootout

Ace Rimmer
9th Oct 2008, 09:25
Two words....Hook 'em!:D:D:D

(Sadly since I'll be somewhere that's hot and sandy on Saturday I won't see the game until I get back to the septer'd Isle. Funny same thing happened last year and the year before... ah well thank god for NASN and Sky+)

con-pilot
9th Oct 2008, 16:41
I'll be happy to keep you posted on the score. It looks like it will be a battle between the quarterbacks, Bradford and McCoy. As both teams have been scoring nearly 50 points a game it should be a high scoring game. It is also the first real test for either team.

The only thing I don't like, is that the game starts midmorning, too early for adult beverages. :(

BOOMER SOONER!

Ace Rimmer
11th Oct 2008, 07:55
Think you are right there two solid offensive units - could come down to how well the Defence teams deal with with the threat....

Adult beverages? be nice to find some sandyside that don't taste like battery acid...wait a minute maybe that's what they are making it from...

con-pilot
11th Oct 2008, 16:55
The game starts in 6 minutes, I'll keep you up updated on the score. :ok:

con-pilot
11th Oct 2008, 17:20
7-0, OU. OU received the ball, drove down the field and scored.

Now 7-3, OU. Texas got a first down after being stopped by an off sides against OU, drove the field, but could not get a touchdown, settled for a field goal.

con-pilot
11th Oct 2008, 17:55
End of first quarter, still 7-3, game has turned into a defensive battle.

14-3, OU. Crazy catch in the end zone.

con-pilot
11th Oct 2008, 18:43
Okay, end of the first half.

21-20, OU. Texas ran a kickoff back, OU answered, then on the next Texas drive Texas scored thanks to penalties committed by OU. At the end of the half Texas incepted a pass, then received a very controversial 'roughing the passer call, was still stopped and had to kick a field goal.

The second half will be very interesting. However, take away the run back, the really bad 'roughing the passer call and it would be a whole different game. Texas is -13 rushing yards.

con-pilot
11th Oct 2008, 19:49
End of third quarter.

30-28, Texas. OU stopped Texas, drove the field and scored a touchdown.

Then on Texas's next drive, due to two really horrible bad calls by the officals Texas kicked a field goal after an interception by OU in the inzone was called back.

Well, the fat lady is singing.

45-35 Texas. So, Wait until next year! :p
(I knew that being # 1 this early in the season would be bad. :()

av8boy
11th Oct 2008, 20:38
Wow.

Texas 45 OU 35.

Of course, the most painful thing was having to listen to Herbstreit and Musburger (but especially Herbstreit) for three-and-a-half hours. :ugh:

Sorry Con...

Dave

con-pilot
11th Oct 2008, 20:43
Sorry Con...

Aw no problem, like I said wait until next year. ;)

Well, come Monday we will have the fourth # 1 team named so far this season. Of course they, whomever they may be, will be beat next Saturday. :p

av8boy
11th Oct 2008, 20:50
Don't I know it. I'm dressed-up in my (unnamed Big 10) school's garb waiting to head for the local drinking establishment where we midwestern expats in southern California gather each Saturday (250-300 of us each week!). No telling what's going to happen on any given Saturday this rollercoaster season. There's some sort of stock market parallel here, but I can't seem to put my finger on it...

Dave

PS USC, the best professional team in college football, is on at the moment. How very irritating. :*

AA SLF
12th Oct 2008, 02:50
Con-P -

Does this mean I can't have some deep-fried turkey later this month? :p

Yep - next year, and this includes the school down the road 200 miles south.

Happy contrails C-P . . :ok:

Ace Rimmer
12th Oct 2008, 06:21
Yeeeehah!! guess that makes it 57 games to 40 just wish I hadn't missed it.
Now just beat the Aggies and the pain of last year will be erased... Inshallah as they say round these parts