PDA

View Full Version : GMA email about CPU

cxhk
9th Oct 2008, 08:12
I am sure by now, everyone have read the email from our new GMA with regards to CPU and the hit list. I love the fact that the GMA is accusing CPU of scare tactic, I thought that's a specialty of CX management? So it is quite funny that CX management are complaining about the very same thing that they are really good at doing. So what's everyone thought on this?

Dragon69
9th Oct 2008, 09:53
The GMA can go and suck my :mad: and those who criticize the CPU, the only body that is willing and determined to see the legals through and bear to light the illegal, immoral and disgusting acts by coward worthless little boys whom are clearly on a self fulfilling power trip.

Buttie Box
9th Oct 2008, 10:25
...a-n-d...relax.

Yes, I've just read the missive. The whole tone is one of denial; something went on, we've all dealt with it and there's really no point in digging up the past.

Well, we haven't dealt with it and trying to gloss over the fact by apportioning blame elsewhere only serves to create further mistrust. As an AOA member, I was disappointed to see the 49ers' case dropped in return for, well, actually, I've forgotten why the AOA dropped their colleagues.

I never met PW but from his messages he was either a man out of touch with those for whom he was responsible, someone unable to express himself adequately to his peers, or someone more interested in his personal advancement. In his passing and ever the optimist, I was hoping that his replacement, also unknown to me, would move forward and perhaps adopt a more conciliatory and realistic tone. Sadly, this was not the case. Placing the blame elsewhere addresses nothing; owning up to the fact that one made a mistake is far more noble and in keeping with our aircrew mentality: learning and moving on. I know this is only rumour and hearsay but NR is quoted as having said, "It wasn't our finest hour."

The fact is that regardless of background, around 50 of our peers and their families were treated to one of the harshest of unilateral punishments by a supposedly modern company which tries to pass itself off as "one big family." If RH chooses not to deal with the CPU that's his prerogative but the bottom line is that those responsible for treating their fellow humans in such a manner should be held to account.

BB

EXEZY
9th Oct 2008, 10:54
Its quite interesting to read the other email by a certain arabic sounding gentleman leaving for golden pastures in the UAE. One email is a not so heavily disguised scare tactic and the other, written by a guy who is obviously glad to be shutting the door on the whole CX expierence.

VR-HFX
9th Oct 2008, 11:27
Dan

Just get a bigger rubbish bin!

The amazing thing about THE LIST is that it was completely random. There are names on it that should never have been there. Guys that went to work when they shouldn't have and many that went the extra mile for the company when asked and, even, when not asked.

As I said on another thread, there are many who one would have expected to be on the list who weren't.

Conclusion: Those that were good arse lickers could get away with murder. Did and still do. Company, meaning God Squad, never liked attitude and opinion.

Result: All those who used to go the extra mile, now do not.

Loser: CX shareholders, especially Sir Adrian.

Simple Answer: Rebuild the trust that built the company.

How: For greater minds than mine but in the words of Oscar Wilde when describing cynics...They know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

M89speedtouch
9th Oct 2008, 11:59
Isn't that the truth. Spend a Pound to save 5 Pence.
Goodwill? Lost. Not accounted for.
GMA's email? Bollocks.
Comment around the traps is strange that email came from GMA and not the DFO. DFO might be history. Swire might have worked out it is time to move on..

VR-HFX: you hit the nail on the head.

Kitsune
9th Oct 2008, 16:25
No matter what intimidatory e mails Commander Armpits sends around.... this one has got a looooong way to run, and in many countries....:E:E

Hiro Nakimura
9th Oct 2008, 17:41
Having looked at the CPU website I now have a list of managers whom I will never trust or have respect for thanks to their involvement in the 2001 star chamber. Interestingly the new GMA is on that list so its no wonder he wants us to forget about the CPU email; if I was responsible for firing 49 guys I would want people to ignore that too!
So next time RH says he cares about your career or your welfare, just remember his involvement with the 49ers!

simplex
9th Oct 2008, 21:58
There's a link to the Star Chamber on this page - The 49ers Story (http://www.cathaypilotsunion.org/generaldocs/The49ersStory.htm)