PDA

View Full Version : The state of the country (Oz)

TexanPilot
9th Oct 2008, 04:38
A Queensland man says he will disregard an order by a council in south-east Queensland to lower his Australian flag, after a neighbour complained it was "offensive".
Logan City resident Aaron Wilson erected a five metre flagpole eight weeks ago to honour friends who served in Iraq.
On Tuesday, council staff at Logan City just south of Brisbane contacted Mr Wilson to tell him a neighbour had complained.
Mr Wilson was told he could face legal action if the flagpole was not removed.
I understand that this is not an aviation related topic but I was shocked when I just read this article.

I think this pretty much sums up the direction this country is heading.:mad::mad:

Ex FSO GRIFFO
9th Oct 2008, 05:14
Well I, for one, would like to lodge a complaint against the 'neighbour' who has complained.

That's two 'for', and one 'against'....

May the flag remain FLYING...(Aviation Content)!

:ugh::ugh:

Jabawocky
9th Oct 2008, 05:47
I wonder if its a media beat up...... Coucil says about 4.5m V 6m from the kerb, and unless you apply for a dispensation 6m is the law.

He says someone wants it down.

He could win by moving it back 1.5m and keep it flying and they are then not able to stop him......I think.

J

Pinky the pilot
9th Oct 2008, 11:25
Coucil says about 4.5m V 6m from the kerb, and unless you apply for a dispensation 6m is the law.

Ah yes, quite true Jaba but according to the 'current affairs' (sic) show Today Tonight the Council's flag poles are even closer to the kerb than Mr Wilson's flagpole.:uhoh:

Keep the flag flying (Aviation content!!):ok:

SOPS
9th Oct 2008, 11:37
put it on thye roof!!

ferris
9th Oct 2008, 11:50
Would need council to approve alteration of the building for that.

And an environmental Impact Statement.

And an insurance Risk Assessment.

And would have to a certified plumber to do it.

Wod
9th Oct 2008, 14:11
It's not the flag that's offensive.

It's not the flag flyer that's offensive.

It's the trivia driven meeja that's offensive.

How on earth did this rubbish get to Pprune?

We can create our own rubbish for heaven's sake.

harrogate
9th Oct 2008, 14:14
Welcome to the UK.