PDA

View Full Version : Scripting Error - Help please

shaky
18th Jul 2001, 14:43
Since the great Pprune upgrade I have been plagued by the following error message which appears with every page I load.

Line 3
Char 1
Error 'd' is undefined
Code 0

I use IE4 and have not, knowingly, changed any settings at my end.

Grateful for any help.

Professor TailSpin
18th Jul 2001, 18:57
Not sure what that error is, or what's causing it, but I would recommend upgrading your browser to IE5.5

Go to the microsoft website and download the upgrade for free:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/

This should fix any browser based problems that you're having, and you be back to Happy Ppruning before you know it :D

PaperTiger
20th Jul 2001, 19:44
The new, improved PPRune works for me using IE4/Win95. Mind you I have it set to prompt for scripts so I wouldn't see the error anyway. Upgrading is the 'Micro$oft $olution' of course, but if you still get the error, click 'view source' and see what it's trying to do. (load an advert I'll bet!)

FLEX42
21st Jul 2001, 03:19
Hi Shaky (is that Pete)

Don't know if you can do this in ie4, but from 5 onwards go to internet explorer properties - advanced, and under "browsing" tick "disable script debugging". Then untick "Display a notification about every script error". As the other guys have said, upgrade online or get a free disc on the cover of any pc mag for ie 5.5.... version 6 is now in beta.

Flybywyre
21st Jul 2001, 13:57
I'm using IE6 and I get that message if I send an elaborate Email, GIF's, stationery, sound etc. If I send a copy to myself or I look at the sent email, that same message comes up and some of the GIF's etc have moved to different positions.
It also causes some of the recipients computers to freeze.
Regards
FBW