PDA

View Full Version : Fort Rucker, Alabama USAAVNS

Lee Norberg
8th Oct 2008, 20:06
Fort Rucker, Alabama USAAVNS
Fellow Members,

Any of you ladies/gents remember passing through Fort Rucker, Alabama USA for Pilot and/or Crew-Chief Training for Fixed and Rotary Wing Aircraft?

Went through there in late 1970 through early 1971 for UH-1 67N20, many great Helicopters UH-1, CH-47, CH-54, OH-6 and Fixed Wing OV-1's. The sky was busy day and night.

Leehttp://static.pprune.org/images/smilies/thumbs.gif

SASless
8th Oct 2008, 20:25
Also...during those years....there was Hunter AAF and Fort Stewart in Georgia for half the Advanced pilot training and the training course for Cobra pilots. Of course the Primary training for pilots was still being done at Fort Wolters, Texas in those days as well. Ah....the Hey Day of Army Aviation! Rucker had half the advanced training for pilots and a lot of other aviation training along with Fort Eustis in Virginia.

In 1968 at Hunter AAF....observed one formation with 165 Huey's in it.....well more like a Super Gaggle of Huey's.

before landing check list
8th Oct 2008, 20:42
Flagrant Grey 82-25. H1's then Korea. HAAF 84-89. That was just the beginning....

Lee Norberg
8th Oct 2008, 21:02
Also...during those years....there was Hunter AAF and Fort Stewart in Georgia for half the Advanced pilot training and the training course for Cobra pilots.

If my memory serves me correct, the last remaining ARNG OV-1D's were retired from Fort Stewart in the past five years or so.

When I was at Fort Rucker, got to know a decent Warrant Officer who was both Rotary and Fixed Wing rated. He loved the OV-1's made by then Grumman Aerospace- now Northrop Grumman who is my employer for the past 35 years.

Little did I know at that time would be working for Grumman in a few short years.

Lee:ok:

Echomedia
4th Dec 2012, 02:28
I am doing a documentary on a couple of pilots by the name of Jon Glisky who was at Ft. Ruckers around March 69 to March 70. Or Jeff Neslon. Please contact me at my email if you knew either, thank you.

Dan
info at echomedia dot org