PDA

View Full Version : Cecil "Tommy" Tomlinson RAF V-Bomber Test Pilot

kluge
8th Oct 2008, 13:38
Cecil Tomlinson passed away earlier this year in the UK.
He was a former RAF test pilot involved with V-Bomber introduction for the RAF.

This information resulted from a chance conversation with his stepdaughter and grandson. The family has Mr Tomlinson's logbooks in the UK and apparently they provide fascinating reading.

The family would be very interested in receiving any further information related to the flying career of Mr Tomlinson. I mentioned to them that this forum might be an effective conduit for such.

Aside from Aeroplane monthly, of which I am subscriber, could anyone please advise any relevant associations or museums that the family could contact to further their research.

Thank you

K

barit1
8th Oct 2008, 21:41
Be aware there was a D.W. "Tommy" Tomlinson (same spelling I believe) who was a research engineer/pilot in TWA's early days. Make sure you're dealing with the right person.

kluge
9th Oct 2008, 02:14
Thx I am aware of that from internet name research prior to sending the original email.

denis555
9th Oct 2008, 06:29
Good luck with your research.

I had a relative in the RAF during WW2 who was also 'Tommy' Tomlinson ( Fl Lt Richard 'Tommy' Tomlinson) seems Tommy was an obvious nickname for anyone called Tomlinson,Thomlinson.Thompson etc.