PDA

View Full Version : IE 5/5.5 and Outlook distress problem

spannersatcx
2nd Sep 2000, 00:29
Anybody know how to fix the following message that comes up when launching IE 5/5.5
"the MSVCIRT.DLL file is linked to missing export MSVCRT.DLL.??_U@YAPAXI@Z.
It's only happened recently and prevents outlook distress from launching completely.
I think it's happened since installing and using it for IC24.net connection, as it's free.

Flying Banana
2nd Sep 2000, 04:49
Sounds like Double Glazing 98 has spat its dummy. Can't help you with a solution but had similar probs with a 'fatal exception' error a while back and found tons of info at http://www.windows-help.net/windows98

hope this is of some use. :)

DreamCatcher
4th Sep 2000, 22:12
spannersatcx,

Hi - The file you refer to is a common 'library' file (basically a sub-routine) which many applications use and put in your system directory. Windows will allow an over-write of this file provided it has been approved by Microsoft. Often the problem is a corruption, however.

There are a couple of ways of resolving it - depends on time:

1. Re-install the programme that doesn't work i.e. IE5.5

2. Search any install disks or CD ROMS from other apps for mscvrt.dll - copy it to your system directory (specifically the place where the current one is), and select over-write.

Either of these will work - or put it this way - it's never failed for me.

Regards

mackone
5th Sep 2000, 09:41
Time to re-format the HD !!!

spannersatcx
9th Sep 2000, 12:46
Thanks mackone, a bit ott I think! Anyway sorted now by reinstalling software for my scanner that over wrote the file and all is ok now, thanks again

Vx
11th Sep 2000, 13:17
I was doing about 1 Ctrl+Alt+Del every 1/2 hour and 1 hardware reset per hour (ie twice a week..) until I uninstalled IE 5.5. Now its all back to normal. (Laptop, W98SE, Pentium Laptop, gutloads of RAM. )