PDA

View Full Version : Telex 50D, 2 problems.

brschmid
8th Oct 2008, 06:02
after searching it looks like there are quite a few 50D users here, so i figured this was worth a shot. been using it for around 800 hours or so, and problem 1 has been there since day 1.

1. if my head gets bumped and the headset isn't on my head 100% perfect, it will beep at me.

2. in the 172SP, when the push to talk is used, the transmission is only transmitted thru the earcup opposite the one with the mic, and at double the volume and unadjustable. if i move my head around so i face the inside/ other seat of the aircraft, then it equals out to both ears. this only happens in the 172SP, and some SR20's. not in any pipers or anything else i have ever flown.

this headset has gone back to telex, and it didn't come back fixed. so i am not sure what to do:(

PyroTek
8th Oct 2008, 10:24
2: Sounds like that there is some loose wiring which is being fixed by moving your head around.. unless the telex has some accelerometer in it or something... :confused:

brschmid
8th Oct 2008, 15:11
i don't think so, they actually replaced the cord and entire battery box. like i said, been using it for 800 hours, of which 700 hours have been in pipers and i have never had this issue. only in a few Cirrus, and the 172SP all the time..

brns2
9th Oct 2008, 04:16
got the same headset but dont have those problems.

I do sometimes have an annoying ring for a couple of seconds, but it then goes away

brschmid
9th Oct 2008, 05:53
you know, mine didn't have a ringing in it before i sent it to be "fixed" but afterwards it does now just as you described :(

brns2
9th Oct 2008, 13:49
Yeh i was thinkning of sending my set back to telex for a service. As a friend of mine did and he said they were very helpful, and it didnt cost him a dollar for them to service it

werbil
10th Oct 2008, 12:47
1 - Mine beeps very faintly if I shake my head quickly and the ANR is on.

2 - Mine also does something similar in one of the vans when transmitting on the Garmin 530 and the ANR is on. As the VHF aerials are above me I've always assumed that the RF shielding is not that great in the ANR microphone system. A fault with the antennae cables for the VHF radio could exacerbate this weakness.

I normally don't bother turning the ANR on in the vans (not that noisy) and save the batteries for the Beavers where the D50's are sensational.

W

brschmid
30th Oct 2008, 14:14
got it back about 2 weeks ago, didn't get to fly a 172 until the other day, and guess what, still doesn't work!:ugh:maybe the ANR is just so good and the a/c is just too quiet?