PDA

View Full Version : Distance ATPL - Suggestions

Brachetta
8th Oct 2008, 05:56
Hello all;
I have a few questions about distance ATPL. It might be obvious, but here it goes. I also hope it wasn't discussed before and didn't see it.
At the moment I’m considering integrated or modular up to fATPL.
In case my finances stay the way they are right now and chose modular, my doubt is about doing a distance ground school with EATA.
Would it really help to do it with them right away when getting hours IFR-Multi and CPL?
Also, being JAA certified, does it make sense if I live in Middle East.

If anybody has any experience on this, I’d be grateful. And if someone could recommend another distance ATPL also would help.

Thanks

Whirlygig
8th Oct 2008, 06:21
You can't take the CPL skill test without having passed all the ground exams so it makes sense to do the studying whilst hour building. If you have a full-time job, it can take 12-18 months to complete all the exams.

You also need to hold a PPL before you can enrol on a distance learning course.

For a UK JAA ground school, you will need to be able to get over to the UK a few times for the classroom courses and of course the exams.

However, whether it's a JAA licence or FAA licence or whichever regime that you need for work in Dubai, I can't say!!

Cheers

Whirls

Brachetta
8th Oct 2008, 10:33
Thanks a lot Whirlygig.
I am PPL with 200 hours and now want to take it to the next level.
EATA is in Belgium so yes...I'll have to go all the way up to Brussels in order to sit.

Still integrated is the preferred way...but investing 125K USD and a year off is a hard decision.
And explaining the girl where the money is spent (invested) is another challenge altogether :ouch: