PDA

View Full Version : Telair - Manchester 1982ish

mephisto
7th Oct 2008, 21:50
I recall a Manchester company Telair (not to be confused with Tellair) which set up with a couple of Aero Commanders or similar around 1982. It was their intention to set up a daily Manchester- Liverpool-Cardiff run. Can anyone fill me in?

ANW
8th Oct 2008, 08:38
Manchester company Telair used BN2 Islanders which flew a twice week daily schedule from Liverpool - Cardiff. This lasted until the Welsh Development Agency subsidy ran out, then the service was terminated due lack of pax.

Telair later (1991) flew a BN2 on the scheduled Manchester - Barrow Walney Island service, trading as Northern Airlines until, you've guessed it, the subsidy ran out! Northern Airlines also had a Trislander at this time. This service is not to be confused with Walney-based operator Air Furness, which flew a Manchester service two years prior to Northern Airlines.

The owner of Telair was also connected with the Aviation West / Air Camelot Trislander operation out of Liverpool.

One for the Aviation History pages, me thinks.

CandyBender
19th Feb 2009, 09:50
The Tel-Air LPL flights also called at Hawarden for a while & continued on to Swansea IIRC on a twice daiy basis.

aw ditor
20th Feb 2009, 13:10
ISR owner was part of a family run company which manufactured track signalling/safety devices for the then BR in South Manch. Thought Telair also had an elderly Beech Baron or Travelair' at one stage?

Ballymoss
22nd Feb 2009, 21:18
The owner of Telair was also connected with the Aviation West / Air Camelot Trislander operation out of Liverpool.

There's a story involving a wedding, a BN3 and Barton airfield. Probably an urban myth.......

Whatever happened to that 'delightful' character MH?

Only airline with it's registered office in Mosside. That is, of course until
Airtours sunk to the depths of setting up shop on the Parkway.

Rgds
The Moss:ok: