PDA

View Full Version : Is it so hard to make two separate forums????

jackdaniels
7th Oct 2008, 19:52
I'm looking at it this way: one for

-RAMP AGENTS, GROUDN OPS, HANDLING COMPANIES ecc...

and one entirely for

-FLIGHT DISPATCHERS, OPERATION OFFICERS, NAVIGATION DEP.

come on pprune this is not so hard!!!

PPRuNe Towers
7th Oct 2008, 19:58
Not a chance JD,

Have a look at the bottom of the forum front page - the last 13 days all in view. One of the very quietest public forums on the site.

Simply not enough traffic to warrant it I'm afraid.

Regards
Rob

ShinjukuHustler
8th Oct 2008, 07:01
It was a nice idea though...

no sig
8th Oct 2008, 18:10
PPrune Towers

Rob,

Ok maybe we don't need another forum, however a re-naming of this one might help to clarify the regular confusion we see here surrounding the roles of the flight operations officer/flight dispatcher and the quite different role of the 'ramp dispatcher', how's about:

Operations Control/Flight Dispatch/Crewing and Ground Handling & Ramp Dispatch

plans123
8th Oct 2008, 23:57
Makes sense to me.

ozmahseer
10th Oct 2008, 00:01
What about a forum and wiki for Flight Dispatchers, we could generate a store of reference docs and the like for each area of operation?

Leezyjet
10th Oct 2008, 19:00
I emailed the mods a few months ago regarding a general forum for us ground staff as allot of issues that related to customer service type roles were having to be discussed either in the SLF forum or the Cabin Crew forum, and could have involved us ramp tramps/dispatchers/load controllers/tco's or what ever your airline/handling agent chooses to call you having a healthy discussion. There is also nothing that covers the ramp rats/loaders/baggage handlers/push back drivers either.

They said they were going to look into re-naming this forum to a better name to cover all other ground roles that don't have their own forums like the engineers and ATC do, however as yet I don't believe they have.

:)

PPRuNe Towers
10th Oct 2008, 19:04
Far too long a title No Sig but a collection of docs is easy to sticky at the top of the page.

Regards again,
Rob

no sig
10th Oct 2008, 19:25
Hi Rob

Yes I suppose it is a bit- sticky docs is a good idea. Or perhaps a change to the forum description to be a tad more inclusive:

'A forum for the people who are who are engaged in operational control/flight dispatch/crewing and their colleagues airside in ramp dispatch, load control and ground handling, to discuss issues directly related to keeping their aircrew and aircraft operational'

or something like...

PPRuNe Towers
10th Oct 2008, 19:27
Done

Rob

no sig
10th Oct 2008, 20:00
That was quick Rob... I kind of feel like I've made a difference tonight.

Bob