PDA

View Full Version : little yellow/red folders

Tim Hall
31st Aug 2000, 01:01
I've recently rebuilt my PC - now, when I log on to PPrune all the folder icons are always yellow. I can't seem to get the red folders to display to show recent posts since my last visit. Anybody any ideas on what I need to do to go red again?
Apologies if I'm asking a deeply stupid question or missing the obvious

HugMonster
31st Aug 2000, 01:15
You may have reorganised how your machine handles cookies - you need to allow them to this site, and may need to reset them. If you click on "Preferences" above, it will lead you through it. Also check that your firewall (if you use one) is allowing access to cookies on your machine.

Tim Hall
31st Aug 2000, 01:39
Tried it but nope - still no go. Wondered if it was a problem for others, if not then it is clearly something local. Thanks Hug for trying.

pilot999
1st Sep 2000, 00:37
Tim Hall - you're not alone. Mine used to work, but not anymore. And I don't think I've done anything to upset the machine! Let me know if you find the answer!
PS The red folder doesn't even appear in the symbology at the bottom of pages anymore, so I think this might be part of the new format?

[This message has been edited by pilot999 (edited 31 August 2000).]

Speechless Two
1st Sep 2000, 03:12
Same problem happened to me tonight - since the new format. Reset cookies using preferences and nothing changed. Logged off PPRuNe and logged on again. Problem solved.

pilot999 - the red folder symbology at the bottom of the pages didn't appear whilst I had the problem, but showed up once I had reset the cookies!

------------------
Quickly; bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever. (Aristophanes)

[This message has been edited by Speechless Two (edited 31 August 2000).]