PDA

View Full Version : MODS - Why did you remove the AEO thread?

Hugh S
7th Oct 2008, 15:23
Mods,

The "Non-commissioned Air Electronics Officers" thread started today has been removed and there is no record of the posts made using the search facility.

Although there was criticism of PMA in the original post it hardly warranted removal - unless one of the MODs works at High Wycombe!

Background Noise
7th Oct 2008, 18:18
It may not have been the 'MODS' - if the originator deletes his first post the whole lot goes.

Hugh S
7th Oct 2008, 18:21
I am the originator and I certainly didn't delete it.

force_ale
7th Oct 2008, 18:28
Did you have your flying suit on when you wrote the original thread.

Hugh S
7th Oct 2008, 18:39
Of course I did - the thread was flying related! :}

spheroid
7th Oct 2008, 18:40
Thats a good point..... another....

Were you in receipt of flying pay when you wrote it?

Flt Lt Mac
7th Oct 2008, 20:16
Flying pay? Only the poor Aircrew get flying pay, us rich ones don't bother with such an out dated non pensionable means of earning money.

The Poison Dwarf
9th Oct 2008, 23:47
So is anyone actually going to answer the question?

hello1
10th Oct 2008, 18:17
Clearly not. So lets slag off the website and see if that gets any response - ie this thread deleted. Anyone else unimpressed with the recent reduction in column width in order to make way for more cash-raising advertising space? Ahh, stand by for rant e-mail about how we don't know how lucky we are to be able to use PPrune and what a great free deal we get.:D:D:D:D

Beatriz Fontana
10th Oct 2008, 20:10
Hey, go chill, hello1. Crikey.

gingernut
10th Oct 2008, 20:16
Could you please tell me how to contact the mods, I to, have had a thread removed?

thanks, ginge.

PPRuNe Towers
10th Oct 2008, 20:32
Did anyone see the thread other than Hugh S?

In fact did Hugh see it appear properly on screen?

There's simply no record of anything being deleted and I suspect there was absolutely no reason it would have warranted it anyway. Bashing PMA is simply the new black.

We had a similar problem 3 months ago when 2 important threads totally disappeared so I'm looking for leads to point the pocket protector brigade at.

Regards
Rob

Not Long Here
10th Oct 2008, 20:45
I can confirm that the thread was there. Looked very promising for discussion.

PPRuNe Towers
10th Oct 2008, 20:49
So start it off again.

A rough idea of how long it was alive and the number of posts would help me as would the username of anyone who added to the thread. The previous time this happened the threads were already several pages long.

Regards again,
Rob

ShortFatOne
10th Oct 2008, 21:22
This is exactly why we only let AEO's have a dimmer switch to play with! I wouldn't be surprised if it was an AEO in charge of those data disks.;)

Dimmer Switch
10th Oct 2008, 21:46
Who want's to play with Dimmer Switch ? Hello ?! Matron !

ShortFatOne
10th Oct 2008, 21:57
Hi DS,

Sorry, I couldn't resist.;)

YOu might want to join in the fun on the formation question thread!

Speak soon.

N Joe
10th Oct 2008, 22:10
Hugh

Don't fall for it. The conspirator's first defence is always "cock-up" :ok:

N Joe

Hugh S
10th Oct 2008, 22:41
PPRuNe Towers,

The thread was active for about 10hrs and included posts from myself, Admin Guru and at least 1 other PPrune member.

The truth is out there, but in the meantime I'll start the thread again.

Cheers,

Hugh