PDA

View Full Version : DGAC

birdlady
7th Oct 2008, 14:15
Bonjour,

Does anyone have an email address for the DGAC. I've tried several that are on the website and my emails are all bouncing back. I have a JAA PPL and I need to renew it and want to check what is involved ie flying paperwork etc.......

Merci.

:ok:

5 RINGS
8th Oct 2008, 08:18
Salut,

If your JAR PPL has been issued by DGAC, then it should be straight forward, but if not, forget it, no examiner will sign it...god knows why...

try [email protected]

bonne chance!

Manflex55
8th Oct 2008, 22:24
Ce forum soi-disant français s'anglicise dangereusement. Quant à Corboliou, depuis le temps que je lis son nom elle ne doit sans doute pas être loin de la retraite.

birdlady
9th Oct 2008, 14:01
Hi 5,

My licence is a UK JAA PPL. From what I understand, to renew the licence is a paperwork excercise whereas since I havent flown in four years my class ratings have expired. These class ratings are what I want to renew. I've been trying to get a straight answer and nobody has been able to point me in the right direction. :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

GKaplan
9th Oct 2008, 16:04
If you hold a UK JAA licence, I can't see why you would want to talk to Paris instead of Gatwick :confused:

5 RINGS
9th Oct 2008, 19:58
Fully agree with you GKaplan...

Manflex if you're not happy, please feel free to keep quiet, specially when you're talking rubbish...Mrs Corboliou might have been around for some years, but she's still standing high on the French licensing scene.

I answered this question in English because it was obviously asked in that language...it's basic courtesy...why don't you try?

Manflex55
9th Oct 2008, 22:30
Manflex if you're not happy, please feel free to keep quietCertainement pas. Quand j'ai une remarque intelligente à faire, je ne vais pas en priver la communauté.
Et sinon quelqu'un aurait-il une photo de cette fameuse Corboliou, qu'on voie enfin à quoi elle ressemble?

LH2
10th Oct 2008, 15:16
If you hold a UK JAA licence, I can't see why you would want to talk to Paris instead of Gatwick

Because he/she wants to renew a class rating in France, and can't find an instructor willing to sign it off. Since normally this would be resolved with a quick chat with the instructor and a joint phone call to the DGAC for good measure, I suspect there might be more than meets the eye.

( Maybe they're refusing to sign it off after the checkride? :E )

GKaplan
10th Oct 2008, 16:55
Because he/she wants to renew a class rating in FranceEven if it was in Italy, with a Spanish examiner, he/she still holds a British licence...

I just can't see the problem :
Have your CRE (be it French, Italian or whatever) sign your licence and send the paperwork to the CAA.

If your French examiner is not sure he's allowed to do it, have him call the CAA in Gatwick (and not the DGAC which has just nothing to do here:confused:).
Try [email protected] / tel +44 (0)1293 573 700 / fax +44 (0)1293 573 355

George (ATPL-TRE, with a UK licence;))

GKaplan
10th Oct 2008, 19:07
A few references :

JAR-FCL 1, Amendement 5 (the one currently in use by the UK CAA), Section 1, Subpart F (Class and type rating),
JAR–FCL 1.245 Type and class ratings – Validity, revalidation and
renewal,
(f) Expired Ratings
(1) If a type rating or multi-engine class rating has expired, the applicant shall meet any refresher training requirements as
determined by the Authority (which refers to the UK CAA) and complete a proficiency check [...]
The rating will be valid from the date of completion of the renewal requirements.
(2) If a single-pilot single-engine class rating has expired, the applicant shall complete the skill test [...]

------------------------

I assume you're looking to renew a single-engine class rating :
Fly with a CRE, have him sign your licence and send the paperwork to Gatwick and you're done...

Only thing you might want him to check is which form is to be filled and sent, that's where you want to call Gatwick (and not Paris, but I think I've said it already;)).
Might be this one : http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/SRG1119.pdf

LH2
10th Oct 2008, 21:08
Even if it was in Italy, with a Spanish examiner, he/she still holds a British licence...

You know... what you wrote in your post is actually a very good observation. Very unusual in pprune :ok:

gyrotyro
22nd Oct 2008, 11:18
I have a UK issued JAR PPL , I live in France and have my 2 year check done by a French instructor. No problems.

ACCP
23rd Oct 2008, 21:36
Same here.

5 RINGS
25th Oct 2008, 08:41
as far as PPLs are concerned, DGAC may play by the rules as it does not interfere with professional licences...my guess...they are definetely crap when it comes down to CPL/ATPLs.

flying jocks
27th Oct 2008, 14:27
About 6 years ago, I was accepted to teach in the Paris area by 2 clubs on a pro-bono basis as i had a JAR CPL& FI rating. Since they use the same coding for thier licences the clubs there said no problem.

Later, just before starting, I found asked the DGAC for good measure whether there was any paperwork to fill in to have me registered as instructing in France and they told me that I needed to have a French licence and instructor rating to teach on F- registered aeroplanes.

They reminded me that the JAA is a standard and not a law by which member states must adhere to. They had no reply to the question of French trained pilots going to the UK and working on G- registered aeroplanes:ugh::ugh: