PDA

View Full Version : Still No Wings Aviation 1900D Photo ??

Flightsimman
6th Oct 2008, 21:19
Hi guys,

I read the article below but still haven't seen a photo of a destroyed "5N-JAH"'

allAfrica.com: Nigeria: The Beechcraft Saga (Page 1 of 1) (http://allafrica.com/stories/200809260525.html)

Will someone in the know in Nigeria, please post a picture of this aircraft to stop the speculation, or is it all total bull**** as I expect??

Waiting in anticipation !

:ugh:

LongJohnThomas
9th Oct 2008, 09:53
As with all things, it most likely is a BS story.:ugh:
We all know what happened to that airplane, just dont want to say it cos there's a burden of proof!:=
:ok:

Flightsimman
11th Oct 2008, 07:50
Government Of Nigeria, "please" Give Us A Link To The Picture Of A Destroyed "5n-jah" To Finally Ease Our Minds!

We Don't Want The Accident To Be True As Innocent People Were Apparently Lost, But There Are Many Who Don't Believe The Events That Were Reported To Have Happened To This Aircraft.

It's In Your Interests To Send The Link To Dispel Any Dubious Thought's Of "corruption" By Scandalous Folk !

:}

Sandiron
11th Oct 2008, 14:53
Even if a picture was posted, you would probably claim it was faked.

So what do you really want?

I've seen the pictures - it crashed, all died, end of story.

Flightsimman
11th Oct 2008, 22:56
Sorry mate but it's not "End Of Story" !

Any other country would have pictures (or news footage) of incidents such as this, but not in Nigeria.

Please PM me the link and I will let this go.

Tell me "End Of Story" and I will keep asking.

The choice is yours.

Sandiron
12th Oct 2008, 17:31
It's not my choice, nor my problem if you don't believe me. I guess an official report will be issued in due course, once the FDR/CVR have been analysed in UK (yes, they were both recovered).

Flightsimman
13th Oct 2008, 00:44
Hang on a second (what are you talking about) ???

You're the one who said this: "Even if a picture was posted, you would probably claim it was faked"

How do you know I wouldn't believe you ??

Why don't you send me the link to the pictures (or better still "put your money where your mouth is" and post them here??)

If "you" have seen the pictures, then "you" must be very special as nobody else has seen them!

Sandiron
13th Oct 2008, 04:20
OK, I'll tell you what I'll do, in the interest of putting an end to the nonsense that has been spoken on PPRUNE.

I'll speak to the owner of the photographs. If they are OK with it, I will ask them to send me one image showing the wreck and will post it here.

However, I predict that there will be those on PPRUNE who will attempt to advance the argument that the photo is a fake and that the aircraft (still) isn't missing, etc., etc.

Which is why I suggested we all wait for the official report to come out.

Me...special? Only in my Mum's eyes!

Flightsimman
13th Oct 2008, 07:00
LOL !

Point taken and it sounds like a very valid compromise.

I have learned something new today (you aren't South African as you don't spell "mum" the correct way for a South African).

Oh and something else.

You are special in someones eyes !

Flightsimman
14th Oct 2008, 09:47
Where are you "Sandiron" ???

:ugh:

Sandiron
15th Oct 2008, 04:22
Still trying to fathom how to use Photoshop!

Patience is a virtue....

LongJohnThomas
15th Oct 2008, 05:21
I think we'll never see any photos.

Lifes-a-Beech
15th Oct 2008, 06:56
Oh the suspense is killing us.....

Flightsimman
15th Oct 2008, 07:24
Still trying to fathom how to use Photoshop!

Patience is a virtue....

Just as I thought !

It's all BS.

I flew on that aircraft a number of times as it was "leased" by the company I was working for at the time (in this time it was maintained like a "baby")!!

If it did really crash, then I suspect it wasn't the fault of the aircraft.

Vref +10
15th Oct 2008, 08:48
Anyone know the S/N of the aircraft (UE-......)
or better the Engines (powersection, compressorsec) s/n

Flightsimman
15th Oct 2008, 10:29
Hi mate,

Serial # is: UE-322

First flown in 1998.

I have some nice video of an approach and landing in Lagos inside the cabin of this machine.

She was almost like new.

Flightsimman
22nd Oct 2008, 16:11
Another Nigerian Newspaper article with no pictures !

The Tide Online (http://www.thetidenews.com/article.aspx?qrDate=10/15/2008&qrTitle=Beechcraft%20plane:%20Matters%20arising&qrColumn=FOCUS)

Beechcraft plane: Matters arising
• Wednesday, Oct 15, 2008

The three-man crew of the ill-fated 19-seater turbo prop-engine Beechcraft 1900D had wished their relatives and friends goodbye on Saturday, March 15, as they boarded the plane.

For them, it was another routine flight operation which they hoped to accomplish on schedule.

But fate had another plan for them as the craft, with registration number 5N-JAH, took off from the domestic wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport , Ikeja.

Its destination was Bedi Ranch, near Obudu, in the Obalinku Local Government Area of Cross River; and its mission was to pick some passengers to Abuja.

Unfortunately, the plane neither reached its destination nor returned to its base.

Aviation authorities claimed that the aircraft lost radar contact shortly after it entered the Cross River airspace.

Its disappearance raised apprehension not only for the families of the crew and the airline operator, but also the nation and the entire global aviation industry.

Search and rescue teams claimed to have combed the entire land area on the route of the plane and found no clues.

Suggestions about extending the search to neighbouring Cameroun were expressed amid mounting fears that the plane might have crashed in that country.

Besides, there were rumours that the aircraft might have been stolen and flown outside the country.

Surprisingly, an unusual find was made six months later when the wreckage of the plane was found by a local search party in Busi village in the Obalinku area.

It was a welcome relief for a nation which had suffered a monumental embarrassing situation.

The search team promptly reported the find to the Chairman of the local council, Dr Godwin Amanke.

Also found were the remains of Capt. Augustine Egbedi, the Co-pilot, First Officer Mohammad Tanko; and the airline’s Marketing Executive, Ms Fubara Jack.

Today, the recovery of the crashed plane is history.

The discovery of the aircraft’s wreckage has no doubt helped to douse the puzzle over its whereabouts.

It has also helped to dispel rumours and speculations that the disappearance could have been contrived.

But in its wake, some pertinent questions about the capability of the nation’s search and rescue operation have arisen.

Also called to question is the much-talked about Total Radar Coverage of the nation.

A public affairs commentator, Dr Josef Bel-Molokwu, describes the find as both a plus and a minus.

“It is a big plus for the rural hunters and the Cross River State Government, but a massive minus for the nation’s aviation industry.”

According to him, it is regrettable that the nation spent a whole six months searching for a missing aircraft.

“It is all but a reflection of the indifference, callousness and the lack of care evident in many segments of our polity.

“It is sad that a special committee of experts set up to unravel the mystery surrounding the aircraft gave up on the assignment,” he says.

Bel-Molokwu opines that the find shows that no honest effort was made to locate the plane.

“It is a reflection of how cheap life is worth in today’s Nigeria ,” the commentator says.

On the other hand, an airline consultant, Mr Chris Aligbe, argues that the nation’s aviation industry lacks search and rescue capabilities in spite of claims that it has equipment for such operations.

“The department ought to have all it takes to fish out the crash location within a few hours of disappearance of the plane,’’ he says.

Aligbe notes that if there were serious-minded Nigerians working on such a sensitive assignment, they could have been prepared to deal with such emergencies.

For Mr Goddy Onyeulo, a public affairs commentator, the local search team, made up of hunters, should be applauded for locating the wreckage.

Onyeulo calls for a reward to be paid to the search team and also wants the hunters to be given National Honours.

Analysts, however, say that much effort is still expected to make aviation operations in the country safe and reliable.

They argue that since the riddle of Beechcraft 1900D has been solved, it remains to be seen if efforts will be made to ensure Total Radar Coverage of the nation’s airspace and provide necessary navigational aids at the airports.

Coupled with this is building the capacity of the National Emergency Management Agency in the sphere of search and rescue operations.

More importantly, the analysts say, is the need to ensure that the right personnel with professional competence are entrusted with the responsibility of managing aviation disasters to stem the unnecessary loss of lives.

Chuke writes for the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN)

:D