PDA

View Full Version : Naturelink E120 Interview

Springbok614
6th Oct 2008, 10:17
Dear All,

Can anybody give me an idea of what to expect at this interview for an F/o position?

I would presume the normal stuff such as AWOPS, Some knowledge of the E120 and type currently flown, JEPPS Gen, Company history and current set up.

Please advise.

I.R.PIRATE
6th Oct 2008, 11:20
...en praat Afrikaans of hou jou bek!:}

controll pannel
6th Oct 2008, 14:51
Be openminded and think again before joining, a lot of bull-_____ going around there:ugh:

Springbok614
6th Oct 2008, 15:53
control panel, care to share via pm maybe?

heard some things about NL, but hey, would love to fly that 120!

Lynessa
6th Oct 2008, 17:25
I was told a load of things when I asked exactly the same question on this exact website, I did the Interview anyway and now I am working for them.
So far I have nothing to complain about. All the contract operators are the same, each one having something that we dislike.
Interview was easy, they make you feel very comfortable. Know about the company www.naturelink.co.za (http://www.naturelink.co.za) and dont bull**** them, they actually do go to the trouble of checking up on you with the SACAA as well as previous employers, they also ask the current crew working for them to comment on a person.
Once you in the rules are easy, although I have not moved up the ranks since I joined, I can clearly see that if you look after them, they look after you.
The guys that are full of crap are the guys standing behind the curve and funny enough also the guys always complaining.
NRK was sold recently and if you want to get into some really cool planes that will be joining the fleet soon, then this is the place you want to be.
Be a big boy and make up your own mind.

Springbok614
6th Oct 2008, 18:25
Thanks for that positive response Lynessa! I am definately giving it a go anyways!

Absolutely right about every contracts company having something that crew dislikes.

I have been on contract a bit and seen enough to make up my mind about what I will be comfortable with.

Springbok614
7th Oct 2008, 21:22
howzit CL...

i know what the bond is on that machine with NL.

will be interesting to hear what the maths are behind it...

i have no problem commiting to a bond if it means i work on a great machine for a couple of years.

withaflash
8th Oct 2008, 05:47
Hey 614,

Take my advice, rather borrow money from someone and go for the ATR at Solenta.

E120 is nice, but the ATR gives you more / better future job options.

Good luck.

Lynessa
8th Oct 2008, 11:22
withaflash,

This is not as easy as it sounds. Not all of us are in a position to just lend money for ratings and for us this is the easy option.
We all know what we getting ourselves into when we sign up, we just need to be sure of what we doing.
Before I signed up I was told plenty of scary stories and really had my doubts about joining NRK. At the time I was not really in a position to pick and choose, so I just did it and am now living with it.
So far I have only been treated with utmost respect and everybody has always tried to help me where they can.
My bond with Naturelink expires soon and I am going nowhere for now. When I joined I was made allot of pormises and even though some of them happened late, they still happened. I can live with that.

Springbok614
8th Oct 2008, 12:08
last time i checked, a ATR rating(overseas) was more expensive than a 737 rating(local) with the latter giving even better/ more career oppurtunities!

bottomline is that in principle i dont believe in paying for a rating to get a job even if i had the money to buy the rating. i will happily sign and consider the consequences of a training bond which will mature in the process of me flying on that type, earning money and gaining experience!

i guess it depends on where you want to be in aviation and how fast you want to get there.

dis n loopbaan, nie n renbaan nie!

withaflash
8th Oct 2008, 13:01
I am only giving you the above advice as I did work for NRK and also flew the E120.

Anyway, good luck with your decision.

Springbok614
8th Oct 2008, 14:31
thanks withaflash! any advice appreciated!

MozYank
8th Oct 2008, 20:22
How much is the bond, by the way? And if you don't mind telling, what is the pay on the 120?

Springbok614
26th Oct 2008, 13:49
some feedback on the notorious NL E120 bond...

it has been brought down to 6 months/ZAR 60k! now its on the other side of the scale! ha ha! :ok:

Malagant
26th Oct 2008, 20:02
..as the new owners haven`t yet signed the the final papers (waiting for approval of the competition board) and De Klerk and old Erasmus is still there you might want to wait and see if Gustav wakes up and gets rid of the old furniture and get some new dynamic straight no BS people to take charge before you get conned into the bond etc. Isn`t it funny that for the last 6 months they have advertized a Chief Pilots position in Airnews and other magazines and even the papers and still no takers..:confused: