PDA

View Full Version : Official: Daily Subsistence to be Abated if Flying

HeartofBlackburn
6th Oct 2008, 06:27
The mighty smartie in the sky fleet have been officially informed that from now on they will have their Daily Subsistence rate abated by 1/24th of the daily rate for every hour aloft. This is not affected by what time of day you are flying eg early morning when you will still have to buy lunch/dinner, and is not open for discussion. This will be introduced to a 2Gp station near you soon Waddington claim, as this is now going to be 2 Gp policy. So not only have rates been cut by 40 - 80 % but we now have to pay for our own inflight rations. Nice to know they care.

Arty Fufkin
6th Oct 2008, 10:07
When it comes down to the whole allowances / rates / expenses debacle, there is very little that suprises me anymore. That said, I would be very interested to know who at Waddo has decided to implement this. There is no mention of it in JSP 752, and that is the document stations should be working to rather than localy made up orders.

On a lighter note. Are you aware that you are entitled to spend over your "capped" rate of daily subsistence? True, you will get audited and have to provide justification. However, in the case of having only recieved a tenner to get yourself an evening meal due to the rate reduction mentioned above, I would have thought the justification would be fairly obvious.

While I'm here, I'd like to say that the system that has been dumped upon us is a buch of ar*e. I am yet to be told how I don't end up out of pocket on every trip. I can't hand change back to the imprest and can't claim it back either.

Wader2
6th Oct 2008, 10:13
If you go over your capped rate and heartbrake house will not pay the extra, then you can claim the extra back for tax relief. true it will only be 20-40% but still worth remembering.