PDA

View Full Version : PDF files on CAA website

Capt Wannabe
22nd Aug 2000, 22:19
This is probably a really sumb question but here goes.....
On the CAA web site (www.srg.caa.co.uk) there is a link to the JAA-ATPL learning objectives. These are in PDF format which is fine except the computer I use to access the Internet cannot cope with them. I would like to be able to save them to floppy disc and take them to another machine which has Acrobat reader but no internet access!
If I right-click on the link I get an error message.
Does anyone know if these files are available elsewhere, or a way I can achieve by objective.....

InFinRetirement
22nd Aug 2000, 23:14
Probably the best answer is to go to www.adobe.com (http://www.adobe.com) and download acrobat reader 4. Its free and you will be able to open whatever you want.

IF that is what you want of course!

fobotcso
22nd Aug 2000, 23:38
Capt W, I followed your link and got the same result as you seemed to get. This is probably a problem at the source and nothing to do with the presence or non-presence of Adobe Acro Reader on your PC. I have Ver 4.0 and it works a treat normally, but I couldn't download and save to disk the JAA documents.

Suggest you check this out with CAA using their "contact us" link if they have one.

ORAC
23rd Aug 2000, 13:31
Capt W.

I have no problem. I have downloaded them and e-mailed them to you. If you need more just ask.

(I did get a window saying the site could not be accessed, but at the same time realdownload copied them just fine)

Capt Wannabe
23rd Aug 2000, 20:12
ORAC, thanks a lot, thatīs exactly what I wanted.

IFR, I have the reader on CD, but I cannot install it on the computer I use to access the Internet for various reasons but I agree this would be the ideal solution.