PDA

View Full Version : Heli's on Flea Bay

miket_68
5th Oct 2008, 21:06
Just wondering if anyone could shed any further light on the 2 R22's on E-bay.

Traced them to Silverstate heli's in Nevada who 'closed shop'.

Just wondering if they are just 'reposessed' helis or if they had suffered any damage previously ?

Not looking to buy just hoping to rent while they are trying to sell them.

Thanks in advance.

MT

Hedge36
5th Oct 2008, 23:31
If they once belonged to Silver State, my assumption is that they're being liquidated via the bankruptcy trustee. Theoretically one could get quite a deal on them.

I wonder what happens when they don't sell? I can't imagine that SSH paid Robinson fully for all the airframes so I would think some of them really would be repossessed by RHC.

Gordy
6th Oct 2008, 00:54
"I can't imagine that SSH paid Robinson fully for all the airframes so I would think some of them really would be repossessed by RHC. "

Unless things have changed since 92, RHC will not let a helicopter off their lot until it is paid in full.

Hedge36
6th Oct 2008, 02:21
Gotcha - no in-house financing, eh?

pilotmike
6th Oct 2008, 10:51
If they are the two UK registered R22s, it would seem that they have been purchased by a UK dealer, imported, UK C of A'd, been put on the UK register, and are legitimately for sale, as advertised.

As the advertiser has included his name, phone number and e mail address, a quick call to the vendor would probably answer all of your questions.

hypnosteve
13th Oct 2008, 08:17
Thanks Pilotmike, you are spot on.They belong to me and my business partner. I am Helimove Ltd, he is Rotormotive Ltd. We went to the USA back in April and viewed the Silver State stock.

Steve

The bulk of this post deleted: a little too close to advertising to be acceptable :hmm:

Senior Pilot
Rotorheads Moderator

RPM AWARE
13th Oct 2008, 09:33
I've got some stuff I was gonna put on eBay....can I advertise it on Rotorheads now ;)

hypnosteve
13th Oct 2008, 10:50
Apologies for appearing to advertise. Of course any publicity is welcome, but I was realy trying to add facts to clear up what was speculation.

It does appear that you guys don't want the facts to get in the way of a good rumour as what I posted mainly contained facts about the helicopters, which was what was originally requested by miket_68.

Whilst I do truly apologise for appearing to advertise, I do find it slightly ironic that miket_68 can point everyone to an advert in the original post, but my website address is unacceptable in my post!

I really, really don't expect anyone from pprune to buy them, just don't want incorrect bad press, so if you want the facts about them, drop me a line and I will be more than happy to explain all! I am happy to chat about helicopters for hours!

Happy rumouring

Steve

hypnosteve
13th Oct 2008, 14:54
I was replying to the question...

"Just wondering if anyone could shed any further light on the 2 R22's on E-bay.
Traced them to Silverstate heli's in Nevada who 'closed shop'.
Just wondering if they are just 'reposessed' helis or if they had suffered any damage previously ?
Not looking to buy just hoping to rent while they are trying to sell them."

The answer is 'Yes I own them so can tell you every little detail about them. I can tell you who to contact, how to import them, all the paperwork needed, what to look out for on the helis, which are worth the money and which aren't, availability for rent ... everything.'
However, because I am trying to sell them, I am prohibited from answering the questions (yes I understand the reasons). This unfortunately has the side effect that anyone with rumour and speculation has priority over the facts.

Maybe if there were more threads were filtered on factual content rather than political correctness, (and breaking the rules) then it would be worth visiting more. I didn't come here to advertise, just to answer the question. Sorry for causing offence and for wasting my time.

RPM AWARE, I don't believe you have anything to sell. If you do, I'd be pleased to help you out. I won't hold my breath.

If anyone is really interested I would be pleased to talk to them about anything to do with the Silver State bankrupcy. I don't know how you can contact me though because I guess my email address is banned!

What a state to be in !

ho hum

ivakontrol
14th Oct 2008, 19:40
Hypnosteve

I notice there are R44's on ebay as well as the R22's.

The original question by Miket 68 was

Not looking to buy just hoping to rent while they are trying to sell them

In other words will you SFH. I dont think any of your posts have actually answered the question!

Even the moderators would have difficulty censoring a yes or no :=

hypnosteve
15th Oct 2008, 09:42
We would SFH them, but it is unllikely you would want to fit the conditions. We would have to insure them for SFH, so would need around 20 hours/month of hire to cover the extra premium. The best thing would be to give me a ring or drop me an email to let me know your intentions and we can discuss from there.

[email protected]
07917 023987

Cheers,
Steve

Bravo73
15th Oct 2008, 15:43
hypnosteve,

If you know PPRuNe's rules on advertising, why didn't you just reply to miket_68 via PM? :suspect:

hypnosteve
15th Oct 2008, 16:35
I don't generally visit often because I get frustrated by the politics where the rules are discussed more than the topics in hand.

I was made aware of this discussion by a friend. I visited to see if anything incorrect was being said about my helicopters so that I could protect my interests. I am not fully conversant with the rules, but I tend to respect principles rather than rules. What I mean by that is that I realise you and I don't want to see adverts with people trying to sell us stuff when we are after sensible discussion.

In this case, I really was answering a question that could easily be of interest to others on the group (as others had shown an interest in the thread). To that end, I didn't consider it advertising because you already knew they were for sale, I was just giving more information as it was requested. If I advertise a car, then someone asks me questions about it, I don't consider that to be advertising.

If anyone really thought I was trying to get them to buy my aircraft (as in advertising) then I am sorry for that. I understand that the moderators have got to do their job and I don't criticise them for that as the group will come down on them if they don't.

Then there was RPM_AWARE's sarcastic reply
"I've got some stuff I was gonna put on eBay....can I advertise it on Rotorheads now "
My answer would be that if you are advertising somewhere else and someone on here wanted to discuss the items, then that would be fine. To censor it would be on the safe side of the rules, but that would be to the detriment of the enquirer.

Looking at other threads, there is one in 'Private Flying' called 'Credit crunch and cheaper flying' . In there, they detail flying clubs and their prices. Now this is far closer to advertising than anything I wrote, yet I guess that because it was written by someone other than the proprietor, it is acceptable.

So in summary:
I didn't consider it to be advertising in the offensive sense.
(after subsequent reading) There are other threads that are far closer to advertising than mine.
It disappoints me that this thread is more about the rules than helicopters and that (some vocal) people are more excited about rule breakers than real discussion.

BTW my two consecutive replies above were because I thought the first of the two had been censored. - Sorry!

I hope that clears this matter up.

Best Regards to all.

Steve

Bravo73
15th Oct 2008, 16:56
I am not fully conversant with the rules

Then I suggest that you have another look at the Terms and Conditions that you signed up to when you registered your account.

Like I alluded to before, I suggest that you answer miket_68 enquiries directly via PM. Rather than contravening the rules that the rest of us manage to abide by.

And if you don't like rules, then aviation really isn't the right industry for you.

RPM AWARE
15th Oct 2008, 17:44
My post was meant to be flippant, not sarcastic....can we all take a chill pill here...worse things in life to worry about no ? :rolleyes:

hypnosteve
16th Oct 2008, 15:36
RPM_AWARE,

Fair play mate I agree... chill pill taken !

As for Bravo 73, you are the exact type of person that spoils discussion boards for me. On every count of your post.

Of your 3 paragraphs:

Para1.
I have searched the FAQ for 'Adverts', 'Advertisements', and 'Advertising' I can find nothing to allow me to fall in line with your rules. As I said, 'I tend to respect principles '. I really can't believe I offended anyone other than those hell bent on upholding rules whether or not they are sensible to apply.

Para 2:
You can suggest what you want. I suggest you get yourself a life and take responsiblility for it rather than sitting back in the comfort of 'the rules'.

Para 3:
Classic example of personal attack by suggesting I am unworthy to be in aviation because I didn't take your advice. I would suggest that it is a better quallity to understand the principles behind the rules and abide by those, rather than to read and abide by the letter. Let's hope there is a rule for all the situations you find yourself in and you never have to think for yourself.

I tried to answer your post honestly, but all you could muster is 'well it's the rules and if you can't abide by them you should not be in aviation'

Steve

TheMonk
16th Oct 2008, 21:50
I think Steve explained himself very well and I for one accept his explanation.