PDA

View Full Version : Ban on sword stick!

FlyingOfficerKite
5th Oct 2008, 16:57
Just read on MSN that T K MAxx have had to withdraw a walking stick that concealed a 20" (51 cm) sword, after one if its customers discovered the sword and reported the matter to the News of the World newspaper.

Damned nuisance - used to be accepted that any self-respecting gentleman would foray out onto the streets with said implement in the 'Good Old Days'.

With unsavory characters walking the streets these days, it's high time one was able to defend oneself against an aggressive attack. The weapon is concealed and would only be used after provocation.

I remember, as a boy, reading an old 'Gamages' catalogue from the early part of the last century. In it were advertised for sale not only 'sword sticks' but shotguns concealed in said walking sticks - 'gun sticks'.

That would give the blighters something to think about next time they mug you and attempt to make off with your credit card or wallet!

Time to bring back National Service and hanging!?

That'd sort 'em out!

FOK :}

PS: Discussion point - not my opinion! (just in case someone thought this was a serious Thread!)

Saintsman
5th Oct 2008, 17:12
I noticed that the do-gooders jumped on the bandwagon regarding the TK MaX coat with a penknife attached by a chain to one of the pockets.

If I'd bought one of those coats, the first thing I would have done is to have gone round stabbing people :hmm:

tony draper
5th Oct 2008, 17:28
One had a spiffing Sword Stick in sproghood, silver top and very nice rapier blade concealed within,one could have got at least two ruffians a cutpurse and a small child pickpocket aboard that blade no probs,dunno what happened to it,we sprog not having cash in those days worked on the barter system so one probably obtained it for a couple of bags of marbles and a Luger pistol and swapped it on for some American comics and a wind up tin tugboat.
:rolleyes:

FlyingOfficerKite
5th Oct 2008, 17:29
Exactly, that's what penknives are for.

Hence the name 'penknife'.

Not a knife for sharpening pens or pencils, cutting string, undertaking a multitude of tasks around the home.

No DEFINITELY for stabbing people.

Just like cars are designed to run people down and aeroplanes are made to crash and kill lots of people.

Not forgetting garden tools - that fork will come in handy one day to run someone through.

Oh, and my power tools - there's a 'driller killer' inside every one of us.

Yes, I see what you mean.

FOK :}

jeanyqua
5th Oct 2008, 17:29
I definately i agree that national service should be brought back in.
The prison at Doncaster i hear,has inmates sleeping in the toilet blocks it's so overcrowded....tough titty i say !!!...most of em deserve to be in there,but i really think that this nation should face the facts....that drastic action needs to be taken before it gets any worse.
I would love for the "stocks" to be brought back in.
It would give me great pleasure to lob rotten vegatables at so many of the no gooders/petty criminals in my town.
My local paper is full every week,with crimes being unpunished properly,and the offender being given a small fine and community service..(if that)..!
We have a wonderful grassed roundabout in the centre of town,complete with clock....it would be perfect venue for a saturday afternoon ...pelt em in the chops for 50 pence..with the proceeds being donated to local charities & the needy.

FlyingOfficerKite
5th Oct 2008, 17:35
You can't beat a good birching!!!

Ask any Singapore policeman. They'd soon think again!

Stocks is a good idea too.

Maybe it's because all these things were GOOD ideas that they worked - and now that they're gone we have so much petty crime to contend with?

Well there are far better brains than mine working on the problem - or avoiding it - or wishing they could agree with us - or just wish they had the money and Political will to do anything about it. When you're protected and alarmed and living in a 'safe' environment, what do you really understand about anything anyway?!

FOK :(

tony draper
5th Oct 2008, 17:35
Nah, we have moved beyond National Service being the solution,one still considers my plan to kill everybody under the age of forty and start making young folk from scratch again to be the only answer, this time without input from the fluffies of course.
:),

ChristiaanJ
5th Oct 2008, 17:52
It would give me great pleasure to lob rotten vegatables at so many of the no gooders/petty criminals in my town.For one split second I did read "do gooders"....
May I suggest they should get the same treatment?

Gertrude the Wombat
5th Oct 2008, 20:08
Not forgetting garden tools - that fork will come in handy one day to run someone through.
Caught a druggie in my back garden once, he claimed he needed a shortcut to escape from a dealer he hadn't paid or something.

So, whilst we're waiting for the police (who do eventually turn up and take the druggie away to the cells) a bunch of neighbours and I persuade him to sit quietly on the ground waiting to be collected. Whenever he thinks this is a bad idea and starts getting up, with a view to running away, one of the neighbours, who'd been gardening, hefts his spade, with the clear implication that it'd have no trouble severing the druggie's neck. And on each occasion the druggie sat down again, so was still there when the police arrived.

tony draper
5th Oct 2008, 20:12
Hmmm, one would have thought a composted druggie would be good for the roses.
:E

Nopax,thanx
5th Oct 2008, 20:18
On a similar note I see the a statue of a naked warrior in Prince Charles' garden will have to have a cork put on the end of his sword for Elfin Safety reasons, despite being way above anyone's head.

Wasn't Charley also recently cautioned for having an offensive person on his weapon? Only Camilla lol........:p

Standard Noise
5th Oct 2008, 22:05

Certainly wouldn't do the weed any harm.

Sorry:O

S'land
5th Oct 2008, 22:49

Especially good for poppies.