PDA

View Full Version : Deleting HTTP addresses

Anon-x
17th May 2000, 00:24
Does anyone know how to delete previously used http addresses in the pull-down line address of Internet Explorer?

Speechless Two
17th May 2000, 02:22
Tools - Internet Options - Clear History.

That will get rid of them, but not on a permanent basis as they will build up again once you visit further sites. Don't know how to get rid of them on a permanent basis.

Anon-x
17th May 2000, 11:51
Thanks Speechless Two. Much appreciated.

clownfish
18th May 2000, 06:31
It's dead set easy to manage your inventory of auto-complete url's in IE...just do this:

Run Regedit, then open up: HKEY_USERS\Default\Software\Microsoft\InternetExplorer\Typed URLs.

Simply delete any unwanted URLs.

[This message has been edited by clownfish (edited 18 May 2000).]

MAX REVERSE
19th May 2000, 00:55
On the same lines as Speachless Two, while you're clearing your history, reduce the number of days that Explorer stores history pages to 1 (actually it goes down to 0 but that could mean "never delete", I don't know) so that the history never gets ancient.

------------------
Five sodding minutes! It's enough to make you click the ads out of sheer boredom.....aha!

pilot999
19th May 2000, 23:53
Clownfish - tried what you said, and deleted a few entries from the registry but IE5 still remembers ALL the auto-complete. (when I went back in the registry again although I had only deleted a few values all of them had gone). It would be handy just to delete a few (the dirty ones!) rather than clearing the whole history (which does work). Must be stored somewhere in IE5, not the registry as I have searched the registry for some of my entries and it does not find them!