PDA

View Full Version : Where's Search?

bcfc
13th Jul 2001, 18:14
I've been away a bit recently and Pprune is looking a bit different? Thing is, I can't find the search facility...has this gone?

Be a shame if it has.

dv8
13th Jul 2001, 19:49
Search me
I cant find it
But I know we need it
:cool:

OzPax1
14th Jul 2001, 03:53
Search is switched off till PPRune HQ have some idea of what the server loads are like after the upgrade to UUB6! I belive that PPRuNE HQ is already looking at having to upgrade to a more powerful server. The last upgrade was only a few months ago! In fact Pprune is already achieving enterprise level traffic figures, that level of bandwith 'aint cheap! And to consider we do even have to pay anything for our addiction!!

I personally think Danny and the others at HQ should find ways of adding added value pay areas to the site without charging for the main site, as a way of offsetting the cost of running & upgrading the site. That whould probably involve the need for full time staff, as for sure that is the way this site is headed if it is too remain fast and free!

PPRuNe Towers
14th Jul 2001, 23:04
Search is back - along with a few other alterations :rolleyes: :rolleyes: : :D :D :D

[ 14 July 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Towers ]

Evo7
15th Jul 2001, 23:53
Love the change from "PPRuNe Flight Deck Qualified" (Who, Me? With my hours? Whatever were they thinking...?) to "addicted PPRuNer" bit :) :) :)

Pandora
31st Jul 2001, 02:01
Must be looking with my eyes shut. Where?

MightyGem
31st Jul 2001, 08:06
Well, it was there yesterday

:confused:

PPRuNe Dispatcher
31st Jul 2001, 11:52
Search put a large load on the server so for the moment it has been turned off.

--Mik